The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The Glazers made their money from real estate then buying Ronaldo is the best bit of real estate they have ever bought

500K a week for a 37 year old relic just to stop him going to City. Champion move. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I've seen articles saying he is on more than your lower figure and lower than your higher figure. Either way, they are paying through the teeth just to stop him coming to City. As soon as daft money was banded even for his transfer fee, we said shove it

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, mrbojangles said:

I've seen articles saying he is on more than your lower figure and lower than your higher figure. Either way, they are paying through the teeth just to stop him coming to City. As soon as daft money was banded even for his transfer fee, we said shove it

"Just to stop him going to City".

That would suggest you don't think he would be an asset for us on the pitch.

Are you really saying that? 

If not, stop this self glorifying narrative about only buying him to stop him going there. We have always been interested in him if he was ever going to leave Juventus. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:35 AM, ChipButty said:

It may look a bit top-heavy but United's new strongest 11 (on paper) when everyone is fit is absolutely frightening.

0_ron-1PNG.png

Good on FIFA but not sure that would work in real life mate. Pogba and Bruno would be a liability in midfield.

All these people queueing up to bet against Ronaldo. Why would you do that? If there is one player you can say is proven quality then it's him.

I understand that there is rivalry in football, and that people don't like Ronaldo's image in general. But there seems to be an element of 'being catty' over ' common sense' here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

"Just to stop him going to City".

That would suggest you don't think he would be an asset for us on the pitch.

Are you really saying that? 

If not, stop this self glorifying narrative about only buying him to stop him going there. We have always been interested in him if he was ever going to leave Juventus. 

People wanted him back when he was leaving Real Madrid

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

All these people queueing up to bet against Ronaldo. Why would you do that? If there is one player you can say is proven quality then it's him.

I understand that there is rivalry in football, and that people don't like Ronaldo's image in general. But there seems to be an element of 'being catty' over ' common sense' here. 

I watched a video the other night about the business end of this transfer the amount of money that this will produce not just for United also for the PL and CL when United and Ronaldo come to town guaranteed full stadiums,

The advertising revenues will be staggering, right now they dont have a training ground sponsor who will claim that? 

Providing he can stay fit on international duty, and is ready for the first game against Newcastle I be they could sell them tickets 10x's over.

Even if doesn't play the atmosphere will be electric when he walks on to the pitch like Varane,

Thats why we love football 

Sound a bit bitter there, and bye the my mate said he's on 300k a week, Adidas are chipping in with a few quid as the sale of shirts will sky rocket  

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 2

Looks like Ronaldo is on his way to United, he picked up a yellow card means he cant play in the next game, not sure about the friendly they have, Watch the internet go into meltdown they day they officially announce him, Twatter will collapse.

ViVa Ronaldo 

• Haha 1

You paid 100 million for Grealish to stop him going to United

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Sound a bit bitter there, and bye the my mate said he's on 300k a week, Adidas are chipping in with a few quid as the sale of shirts will sky rocket  

I would presume that would be a breach of accounting regulations for FFP otherwise every big club would be doing that with a sponsor as a way around FFP