The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Thats Mourinho gone in effect.  If that's all he can get from his United side playing Liverpool then it's all over.  As you say, its time for the players to be honest with themselves, although i'd be surprised if any of them,  bar Fellaini,  like playing Brand Mourinho football.  I'm quite confident in saying that his attacking midfielders must be yearning to play a modern high intensity , high press game rather than being stifled in Mourinho's turgid negative shitball.

I see you weren't posting for a few days, during which time your opinions have come to matter even less than they already did. 

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

"not by much". we literally had to give you your goal and we had 36 shots. but you carry on ostrich lad.

Are you denying that we could have easily gone 2-1 up? If it wasn't for some heroic defending at the back post and Lingard fluffing his lines.

The point to recognise here is when we are at our lowest ebb, we can still nearly turn you over at your place. And you needed 2 heavily deflected goals to beat us. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Are you denying that we could have easily gone 2-1 up? If it wasn't for some heroic defending at the back post and Lingard fluffing his lines.

The point to recognise here is when we are at our lowest ebb, we can still nearly turn you over at your place. And you needed 2 heavily deflected goals to beat us. 

The point you need to recognize is 36 shots to 6, you had 2 shots on target, one of them a gift goal. You were never going to turn over anything. If your analogy of "could have" was used "we could have scored 11 goals" to your 2.

As others have said, that was the worst United team I've ever witnessed in my 40 years of being a fan. You are miles away as of now. 

I think your manager actually put it best for a change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Tough CL draw but remember the ties are played after we do our January shopping ????.... Koulibaly, Maguire and Jimenez please! 

None of those lads will come to play for Jose, and if they did it only takes 2 weeks in that dressing room to change a man.

That attack vs Chris and Phil, oh dear...

Edited by BangrakBob

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I see you weren't posting for a few days, during which time your opinions have come to matter even less than they already did. 

yeah, someone made false accusations and managed to get me banned.  Hey ho.

Anyway, its just fine mate if you're not interested in my opinions,  i can live with that, seeing as you are permanently out of step with the opinions of 90% of the forum and seemingly nearly every United fan too.

Oh, and you're sounding like a sore loser!  United took an absolute battering, a complete mismatch, crap game plan and poor execution, dreadful tactical substitutions, using a tactic that had already proved disastrous against City, lack of fight, seemingly ambivalent in the face of defeat and you think there wasn't much in it!!  You may not care for my opinions but i'll tell you what; if that's your impression having watched that match then your opinion counts for zip.

I like to think i hold my hands up when Spurs have been thoroughly outplayed.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

None of those lads will come to play for Jose, and if they did it only takes 2 weeks in that dressing room to change a man.

That attack vs Chris and Phil, oh dear...

i think the list of players that would not play Jose football is growing.

Zidane has just told a media outlet he would love to manage United.  Watch this space.............

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The point you need to recognize is 36 shots to 6, you had 2 shots on target, one of them a gift goal. You were never going to turn over anything. If your analogy of "could have" was used "we could have scored 11 goals" to your 2.

As others have said, that was the worst United team I've ever witnessed in my 40 years of being a fan. You are miles away as of now. 

I think your manager actually put it best for a change.

It's crazy isn't it?.... a football manager not scared to tell the truth! Everybody can tell you Liverpool are a better team than us right now, so why is it so strange that Jose admits it. As I've said previously, always best to be honest in the situation we are in. 

None of those lads will come to play for Jose

Now you are being naive if you think that a player wouldn't move to one of the biggest clubs in the world for twice the salary. I think we all would, irrespective if we thought our new boss was going to be a nice person. 

The point you need to recognize is 36 shots to 6

I'm not denying that Liverpool were better on the day and are a better team in general right now. But can we put this stupid 36 shots thing to bed please?

A no hoper which sails over the bar from 40 yards out is counted as a shot. Whereas an Ashley Young cross which just needed to beat the last man for a near certain goal isn't, or our other massive chance when we were pretty much 2 vs 1 at the back and Lingard messed it up. Pass completion %, possession % etc etc, these stats are all totally subjective. I credit you with more than enough intelligence to realise that, so use another stick to beat us with please because it's annoying.

Edited by RickG16

Manchester United announce Mourinho has left Old Trafford

8:50 PM
  • ESPN

Manchester United have announced that Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect.

The 55-year-old leaves the club after two-and-a-half years with United sixth in the table 11 points off the top four.

A statement issued on Tuesday morning read: "Manchester United announces that manager Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect. The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.

- LIVE: Follow all the breaking news around Mourinho's exit

"A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager."

More to follow...

• Haha 1

WOW.

While I thought his track record deserved him more time, I applaud the board for being decisive. The way we are playing, things can only get better and am excited to see what the future will bring.

Doing it now means that the new manager / caretaker will get time to assess the squad before the Jan transfer window, and hopefully build up a head of steam going into next year.

Onwards and upwards ????

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

WOW.

While I thought his track record deserved him more time, I applaud the board for being decisive. The way we are playing, things can only get better and am excited to see what the future will bring.

Doing it now means that the new manager / caretaker will get time to assess the squad before the Jan transfer window, and hopefully build up a head of steam going into next year.

Onwards and upwards ????

Zidane?

• Like 2

Just now, Jockstar said:

Zidane?

Not sure tbh.... you can't argue with his track record as manager, and obviously as a player. And we do have a few french speaking players. But it doesn't seem like the most natural fit.

Keano  or Gary Neville for caretaker?!!!.... although it might be more likely to be Carrick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure tbh.... you can't argue with his track record as manager, and obviously as a player. And we do have a few french speaking players. But it doesn't seem like the most natural fit.

Keano  or Gary Neville for caretaker?!!!.... although it might be more likely to be Carrick.

Keano's record is pretty bad, Neville's too busy, and Valencia didn't go to well. 

You could argue Zidane's ability to take over this situation though.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Keano's record is pretty bad, Neville's too busy, and Valencia didn't go to well. 

Yeah I agree. And I don't think Keano can really be trusted not to have a bust up with someone. Still, I'm interested to see who it is.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

WOW.

Onwards and upwards ????

Or possibly Championship-wards !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I agree. And I don't think Keano can really be trusted not to have a bust up with someone. Still, I'm interested to see who it is.....

I'd be relieved if I was a United fan,  some positive, fresh interest and hope in the rest of the season now!

• Like 1