The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

36 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im well aware of what I posted 

You said you posted Ronaldo was given the #7 shirt, yet your only posts I've seen say he was getting #21.  Supertramp summed you up with the track 'Dreamer' ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

"Just to stop him going to City".

That would suggest you don't think he would be an asset for us on the pitch.

Are you really saying that? 

If not, stop this self glorifying narrative about only buying him to stop him going there. We have always been interested in him if he was ever going to leave Juventus. 

You are attempting, unsuccessfully I might add, to twist what I said.

The facts:- United were offered Ronaldo a season or 2 ago. United not interested. United aware Ronaldo wanted out of Juventus this summer. United not interested and didn't make a play for him. United then heard after City not getting Kane we were showing interest in Ronaldo. All of a sudden, United interested. Those are the facts. 

All of the above said, do I think Ronaldo is a good player. Absolutely yes and I'm sure he'll bring a lot of experience to the team. All I was saying was, that was a panic knee jerk buy to stop him potentially coming to City and absolutely obvious he wasn't in you short, medium or long term transfer plans. If you can't see and admit that, well, you ain't being honest to yourself 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Ronaldo is a good player. 

Good player is he? So who are the players in your very good and excellent category?

We might have been offered him 2 years ago for a lot more money. But there are also journalists who are saying that we have always been ready to offer him a route back to OT.

We don't know anything for certain it depends what paper you read. So stop trying to be Benitez with this facts nonsense.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We might have been offered him 2 years ago for a lot more money. But there are also journalists who are saying that we have always been ready to offer him a route back to OT.

We don't know anything for certain it depends what paper you read. So stop trying to be Benitez with this facts nonsense.

What I wrote above are facts. Denial doesn't become you. Although I should be getting used to it by now.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

You said you posted Ronaldo was given the #7 shirt, yet your only posts I've seen say he was getting #21.  Supertramp summed you up with the track 'Dreamer' ????

I didn't say he was getting it, at that time nobody knew what number I said go on Ronny wear 21 

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You are attempting, unsuccessfully I might add, to twist what I said.

The facts:- United were offered Ronaldo a season or 2 ago. United not interested. United aware Ronaldo wanted out of Juventus this summer. United not interested and didn't make a play for him. United then heard after City not getting Kane we were showing interest in Ronaldo. All of a sudden, United interested. Those are the facts. 

All of the above said, do I think Ronaldo is a good player. Absolutely yes and I'm sure he'll bring a lot of experience to the team. All I was saying was, that was a panic knee jerk buy to stop him potentially coming to City and absolutely obvious he wasn't in you short, medium or long term transfer plans. If you can't see and admit that, well, you ain't being honest to yourself 

The only facts there are from the back of the Sun, let me tell you he was never going to City, I knew about the deal 36 hours before it happened 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Alright then. He's a tad good. Can't even give a compliment nowadays without being jumped on. Are you one of those WOKEY types ????

How did we get from Ronaldo to woke? ... Woke is probably your mate softdog

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The only facts there are from the back of the Sun, let me tell you he was never going to City, I knew about the deal 36 hours before it happened 

You don't need to tell me he wasn't coming to City. I said it on the City thread a few weeks ago and we never even bid on him. As soon as Juve said the transfer fee we ended any talks. As for 36 hours before a deal. I think we all knew he was going to United more than 36 hours before. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You don't need to tell me he wasn't coming to City. I said it on the City thread a few weeks ago and we never even bid on him. As soon as Juve said the transfer fee we ended any talks. As for 36 hours before a deal. I think we all knew he was going to United more than 36 hours before. 

It seems you spend a lot more time following United 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hope Ronaldo does the right thing and reimburses any RAG who bought a Cavani 7 shirt. On second thoughts, no I don't ????

Under Premiership rules the club are obliged to exchange Cavani 7 shirts for 21  for the buyers if they are requested....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Please refer to us as Premier League Champions Manchester City.

You don't need to mention the fact that we have won it 4 times since you last won it but you can if you like ????

It's funny how you can't see how small time that sounds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Please refer to us as Premier League Champions Manchester City.

You don't need to mention the fact that we have won it 4 times since you last won it but you can if you like ????

Saturday 5 March guaranteed the ground will be full 

24 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What’s even funnier is that he cannot see how jealous he is every time he posts things like that.

I've been watching you making snide comments about me in other threads completely un called for many times you have thrown my name in the hat for no reason, I would have thought that is against the forum rules 

46 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What’s even funnier is that he cannot see how jealous he is every time he posts things like that.

I'm genuinely not. If my team never wins another trophy I can't complain about my football supporting life. We had 20 odd years of pure joy. 

But what I also know is how you act and think when your team is on top. Waving our trophy wins at City fans used to be the last thing on my mind. Never even thought about City to be honest. We were more concerned about how we could take the next step... How to beat Madrid, or Barca.

Of course the likes of Mr Boj have never been to this dizzy heights before. So they can't help but look down instead of up. Getting one over on us has and always will be their trophy.

Small mind. Small club.

Edited by RickG16