The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm genuinely not. If my team never wins another trophy I can't complain about my football supporting life. We had 20 odd years of pure joy. 

But what I also know is how you act and think when your team is on top. Waving our trophy wins at City fans used to be the last thing on my mind. Never even thought about City to be honest. We were more concerned about how we could take the next step... How to beat Madrid, or Barca.

Of course the likes of Mr Boj have never been to this dizzy heights before. So they can't help but look down instead of up. Getting one over on us has and always will be their trophy.

Small mind. Small club.

Nice story.
Shame the post wasn’t even about you. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Of course the likes of Mr Boj have never been to this dizzy heights before. So they can't help but look down instead of up. Getting one over on us has and always will be their trophy.

I grew up being ridiculed at school by glory hunting United fans. Over 3 decades of not winning anything resulted in me being thick skinned to pish takers, we even used to take the mickey out of ourselves. We appreciate everything we have won but you guys aren't used to losing so take any pish taking as personal. You haven't yet developed the thick skin that's required of supporters of clubs who don't win anything. Look at Spurs fans. Ronnie really does have skin like a Rhino and he needs it ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I grew up being ridiculed at school by glory hunting United fans. Over 3 decades of not winning anything resulted in me being thick skinned to pish takers, we even used to take the mickey out of ourselves. We appreciate everything we have won but you guys aren't used to losing so take any pish taking as personal. You haven't yet developed the thick skin that's required of supporters of clubs who don't win anything. Look at Spurs fans. Ronnie really does have skin like a Rhino and he needs it ????

As we've said before. We had different experiences growing up. I remember wanting city to do well.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Spurs fans have a good sense of humour and know how to poke fun at themselves. The polar opposite from Arsenal fans... I don't think United are as moany or entitled as Arsenal fans.

We are (were) accustomed to a certain standard. I think the problem here is our 'oneupsmanship' doesn't extend to you. We are more concerned about the scousers rivalry. This doesn't tally with the way you view the United - City rivalry, so that's why you love a 'United buy player to stop City buying him' story.

Thesis over.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the Premier League.

Discuss / debate.

Is there a debate?

Im a Red so Im going to say yes, but it all depends on the formation Ole decides to play only time will tell.

Are we going to play a 4 2 3 1? or a 433? who knows,

Up till a week ago I dont think even Ole knew he was getting Ronaldo so that threw the cat amongst the pigeons regarding tactic's,

I think we will play with 6 attackers and 4 defenders and dont worry about the midfield (joking)

He certainly has options, a back 3 or a back 4 

He could even play Lindaloff as a CDM 555

ViVa Ronaldo

• Haha 1

Cristiano Ronaldo proving shirt sales myth is actually right at Manchester United

Cristiano Ronaldo has already raked in a quarter of his transfer fee as fans scramble to secure his iconic number seven shirt while they can

In just the first 12 hours of his squad number being announced by Manchester United, Ronaldo No.7 shirts racked up £32.5million in sales across the multiple platforms it was available,

United get 7 per cent on a £60 shirt which works out at £4.20 per unit. The cost of Ronaldo is £12m transfer fee (minimum) plus wages of £20m a year.

Total cost £52m over 2 years. The club would have to sell 12.4m additional shirts to pay for his recruitment 

And of course none of the shirts would have been bought without Ronaldo's 'help'. Millions would still have been sold, probably with Sancho/Fernandes on them instead. Shirt sales provide minimal income to clubs anyway. Adidas are the main beneficiaries of the sales.....along with Mikes Shopping Mall.????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

And of course none of the shirts would have been bought without Ronaldo's 'help'. Millions would still have been sold, probably with Sancho/Fernandes on them instead. Shirt sales provide minimal income to clubs anyway. Adidas are the main beneficiaries of the sales.....along with Mikes Shopping Mall.????

Varane also

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wilai said:

Agreed. I suppose the only logical method of trying to calculate it is how many excess sales were made over the average of previous seasons.

Mikes and Candy Shop ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wilai said:

So you don't subscribe to the theory that there are many 'Ronaldo fans' around the world who will now become Reds?

Not the done thing in England but overseas switching sides isn't so taboo.

Just like Mr Boj labelling Ronaldo 'a good player'. You lot are struggling to come to terms with the fact that one of the greatest players of all time has come back to the PL. Regardless of whether he improves us, this is historic and you should be waking up with a spring in your step. The PL is now THE league again.

Ronaldo has more charisma in his little toe than the marquee players of recent years. Salah, Kane etc

Edited by RickG16
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, mrbojangles said:

Some great nights too...under the tunnel outside Wembley after beating Madrid 3-1 will never be forgotten...or Ajax.

Take what you get in this game!

Edited by RonniePickering22
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Which helped Juventus break their 9 consecutive title run and come 4th last season. This is Serie A, the mind boggles with what he might achieve under Ole's Reds!

So of all the players you could blame for Juve not winning the league, you blame the league's top goalscorer...?

Explain that logic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

There is no 'I' in team.

What does that actually mean though? His job as a goalscorer is to score goals.

He might not be the best at pressing defenders, but are you saying that's why Juve lost the league last season? Nor are many of top marksmen.

Also worth pointing out they win the league 2 seasons previously. But I guess they did that in spite of that terrible player Ronaldo holding them back ????

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What does that actually mean though? His job as a goalscorer is to score goals.

He might not be the best at pressing defenders, but are you saying that's why Juve lost the league last season? Nor are many of top marksmen.

Also worth pointing out they win the league 2 seasons previously. But I guess they did that in spite of that terrible player Ronaldo holding them back ????

Didn't he score 101 goals in 3 seasons? something like that

47 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What does that actually mean though?

He is me; me; me; all the bloody time. Takes all pens, all direct free kicks (even though his success rate is terrible,"There have been two free-kick goals for Portugal since the summer of 2018, including a memorable striker against Spain at the World Cup, but in his last five seasons of club football, Ronaldo has netted just seven in all competitions – and from 136 attempts." and has even been known to sulk when a team mate scores instead of passing to him! I'm sick of you guys rabbiting about  him already and he hasn't even played for you yet. There are XI players in the team and they ALL have important jobs to do.

You or your butty mate might call it charisma....I call it narcissism????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

He is me; me; me; all the bloody time. Takes all pens, all direct free kicks (even though his success rate is terrible,"There have been two free-kick goals for Portugal since the summer of 2018, including a memorable striker against Spain at the World Cup, but in his last five seasons of club football, Ronaldo has netted just seven in all competitions – and from 136 attempts." and has even been known to sulk when a team mate scores instead of passing to him! I'm sick of you guys rabbiting about  him already and he hasn't even played for you yet. There are XI players in the team and they ALL have important jobs to do.

You or your butty mate might call it charisma....I call it narcissism????

And so for all the terrible things you say about him he was still the 3rd highest goal scorer in Europe last season, has led a relatively small football nation to win the Euros, and just broke the international goals record.

Oh, and pretty much all the players he's actually played with - rather than Wilai sitting on his sofa - say he's a good lad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

You or your butty mate might call it charisma....I call it narcissm????

You lot keep talking about him not us, it's obviously getting to you

• Haha 2