The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not good enough for Wilai. You can't just be good at your job. You have to come across as being a team guy in the interviews he watches. 

If Ronaldo scores us 33 goals this season we are winning the league

• Haha 1

A plane will fly over Old Trafford with Viva Ronaldo - Welcome Home on it. Ronaldo will score a hattrick within 65 minutes. He'll get subbed for either Cavani or Martial and every. single. soul. in the vicinity of Old Trafford will stand up, clap, and sing his song. The camera will pan over to Sir Alex. He'll be all smiles while trying to discreetly wipe away a tear in his eye.

This single game will be worth paying the £50mil. over two years in wages. Nobody will care about that. Ever. We got to see him back at Old Trafford.

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Good job they ain’t a fish otherwise they would never be off the hook. 

Yep.....and apparently I started it as well! They are a hilarious pair. Wasn't me who started rabbiting about Charismatic appendages was it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Might not even start from all accounts.

I dont see why not he's fit as he played for Portugal he might not start United will milk this for every penny they can get

United rented him a council house in Wythenshaw with a big garden 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

What I'm interested in is that yellow he got for Portugal. Are we agreed that was completely deliberate to come back early?

Clever if so

No....was just showing of his muscles....but he is no narcissist, honest!????

• Haha 1

Just now, wilai said:

Ever heard of quarantine? He may only have one training session before the game.

Nah the insider bloke who sells the saveloys in the Old Trafford chip shop has it on good authority he’s exempt because………….well because he knows everything!!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Nah the insider bloke who sells the saveloys in the Old Trafford chip shop has it on good authority he’s exempt because………….well because he knows everything!!!

I think saveloys are more of a southern chippie thing aren't they? Like having curry sauce but no gravy...

Might be getting mixed up. 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The point being he won't have the impact many are expecting. The Second Coming was not quite The Stone Roses. I think Steven Gerrard summed it up best:

“I think Cristiano Ronaldo will not make the same impact to the Premier league as he did in the past. I think he wanted to move away from Juventus to get the media headlines back to him. This is because all the eyes were on Messi since the day he won Copa America and moving to Paris Saint-Germain, it’s just a marketing strategy from him and his agent because they know once he is off the picture, it will also affect his Ballon d’Or chances, in which I think he still doesn’t have a chance to win it this year.”

No <deleted> Sherlock he's 36

Doesn't mean he's not better than maybe all the strikers in the PL though

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The point being he won't have the impact many are expecting. The Second Coming was not quite The Stone Roses. I think Steven Gerrard summed it up best:

“I think Cristiano Ronaldo will not make the same impact to the Premier league as he did in the past. I think he wanted to move away from Juventus to get the media headlines back to him. This is because all the eyes were on Messi since the day he won Copa America and moving to Paris Saint-Germain, it’s just a marketing strategy from him and his agent because they know once he is off the picture, it will also affect his Ballon d’Or chances, in which I think he still doesn’t have a chance to win it this year.”

And Second Coming is very underrated album. Growing on me as time goes on.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Unfair comparison as Ronny was a teenager playing on the wing for a lot of those games.

Fair point to a degree, he was playing in a good side though. 

You mentioned Ronaldo being better than most in the EPL, he isn't better than Salah.

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Fair point to a degree, he was playing in a good side though. 

You mentioned Ronaldo being better than most in the EPL, he isn't better than Salah.

Well career wise he is, and numbers wise last season he is.

Even if Ronaldo does have a drop off this season, again he's 36.

I don't know why everyone is so uncomfortable with admitting this guy is one of the best of all time. He's already made history with us. Anything he can offer now is a (very expensive) bonus

Just now, RickG16 said:

Well career wise he is, and numbers wise last season he is.

Even if Ronaldo does have a drop off this season, again he's 36.

I don't know why everyone is so uncomfortable with admitting this guy is one of the best of all time. He's already made history with us. Anything he can offer now is a (very expensive) bonus

Career wise, Salah will break all records eventually. He is smashing it every season. I don't think you can compare scoring for Juve in Serie A with the EPL  either. 

I think the fact Ronaldo has so much experience at winning trophies that will be his best contribution, in the sheds, in training, half-time, around the camp fire.

That said he doesn't come across like a person who would care to share too much, and his last effort outside of Real Madrid ended a 9 year title streak. in-fact I might throw a fiver on you finishing outside the top 4. Inspiration chat cheers. 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Career wise, Salah will break all records eventually. He is smashing it every season. I don't think you can compare scoring for Juve in Serie A with the EPL  either. 

I think the fact Ronaldo has so much experience at winning trophies that will be his best contribution, in the sheds, in training, half-time, around the camp fire.

That said he doesn't come across like a person who would care to share too much, and his last effort outside of Real Madrid ended a 9 year title streak. in-fact I might throw a fiver on you finishing outside the top 4. Inspiration chat cheers. 

Here we go again... all he will offer is experience. The guy was the third highest goal scorer in Europe last season! I think you'll find he's still a decent player! 

I am not saying he is going to transform this United team. We still have concerns about midfield etc.... but can we please stop talking like this guy is past it, because there is nothing yet to suggest that is the case. 

• Like 1