The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, wilai said:

Anything to avoid talking about the Young Boys debacle. ????

Is he still avoiding it.

Reminds me of last season when he went missing every time they lost them suddenly reappeared the following week. 

Change of tactic to deflection. 

Oops, guess shouldn’t mention tactics. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Is he still avoiding it.

Reminds me of last season when he went missing every time they lost them suddenly reappeared the following week. 

Change of tactic to deflection. 

Oops, guess shouldn’t mention tactics. 

Do you want me to make a statement on it? ???? 

There's nothing more to add... But if you have any points you'd like to raise feel free me old mucka! 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

FB_IMG_1631951536041.jpg

The more I think about this situation the more amazing it is. Can't remember anything like this. 

This is basically Pep saying I'm happy with team and the owners but the supporters (or lack of) is holiding me back.

He realises they need to win the CL to be considered a proper club, but it seems the fans don't.

#FreePep

• Like 2

Just now, mrbojangles said:

What's your infatuation with City? Deflection tactics from your own useless manager and performance in the CL?

We will.let them beat us tomorrow to give you guys a break. 

He has a short attention span.

His Mum says it due to the ADHD

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What's your infatuation with City? Deflection tactics from your own useless manager and performance in the CL?

Nothing to do with an infatuation. It's pretty much the top story in papers and on SSN right now, so I'd say discussing it on a football forum is fair game. 

We can talk about our CL performance too. Anything you'd like to raise that hasn't been done to death already?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Nothing to do with an infatuation. It's pretty much the top story in papers and on SSN right now, so I'd say discussing it on a football forum is fair game. 

We can talk about our CL performance too. Anything you'd like to raise that hasn't been done to death already?

Sppose it shows just how low United have sunk when nowadays all they can try and slag City off about are attendance figures. Wonder how many empty seats OT would have without the tourist "fans" 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

slag City off about are attendance figures. 

No need to... your manager is doing a great job of it!

This is a fascinating situation tbh.... interested to see how it develops. Sure it will get swept under the carpet sooner or later, but even so, I think it's been very revealing of how Pep feels about City as a club. And what he wants to make them / wishes they were.

I have a bit of sympathy for him. But also for City fans... because how can you really get the hump with someone who has done so much for the club. 

On the balance of play you deserved the win. We were far too defensive. 

It was fate that JL would score and an excellent goal. Respect to him for not over celebrating. 

He made a massive impact last season and will always be welcome in whatever capacity. 

The Maguire/Verane partnership don’t look great imo and will let you down at the

sharp end but you enjoy the win as I say I can’t argue we deserved any thing more. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

Manchester United player ratings: Jesse Lingard and David de Gea good vs West Ham

Man United beat West Ham in their Premier League fixture and here are how the players rated at the London Stadium.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-ronaldo-21613082

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Well done Man U! Best game of the season, U had more shots than the hammers and possession was 40-60 to the visitors.

At times I thought it was thourougbreds against work horses. Superstar was denied at least one definite penalty becos who he is....

And after the match that Moyes still insisted he made the right decision to tell Noble to take the penalty even though we can all see it was the wrong decision,,,but hey Moyes was once a Man U manager and we all saw how that ended!

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The last Ronaldo penalty claim was a stonewall one, i mean even rival fans would probably admit that.

I find it frustrating how they can use VAR for some penalty claims but not others.

Agreed. But the others were pathetic diving on his part. Sad to see from such an icon. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Kadilo said:

Agreed. But the others were pathetic diving on his part. Sad to see from such an icon. 

I don't think you can label Ronaldo a diver. He's no saint but doesn't dive any more or less than most number 9s

Looking back now his first spell in England was a great schooling. He learnt how to be kicked continually and get back up