The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Clear and obvious appears to be subjective, as seen in the City match also. 

The problem is also Ronaldo. Refs don't like to be seen as weak and pandering to egos.

Hopefully after this fuss he should get a couple.... I want to see who takes it! 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The problem is also Ronaldo. Refs don't like to be seen as weak and pandering to egos.

Hopefully after this fuss he should get a couple.... I want to see who takes it! 

I have no idea how you and Chippytits actually believe that he hasn't played for both those pens, and made and absolute meal of both of them.

He's no intention other than planting a leg on the defender in one, and he kicked the ball forward and jumped before any contact with a typical dive in the other. 

I mean honestly, without any prejudice how do you people believe that he was fouled. With the new interpretation of the rules, the ref made the right decision. 

Still ya man has 4 goals, albeit tap ins from keeper errors but I have to admit he looks sharp. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I have no idea how you and Chippytits actually believe that he hasn't played for both those pens, and made and absolute meal of both of them.

He's no intention other than planting a leg on the defender in one, and he kicked the ball forward and jumped before any contact with a typical dive in the other. 

I mean honestly, without any prejudice how do you people believe that he was fouled. With the new interpretation of the rules, the ref made the right decision. 

Still ya man has 4 goals, albeit tap ins from keeper errors but I have to admit he looks sharp. 

Where did I make any comment whether it was a penalty or not?

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You have to be in that position to get the tap in's so for me good tactic's in the goalies face

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Why are you making out like it's just me and Chippy? Looks like the vast majority of pundits said both were pens, including some former West Ham players. 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, ChipButty said:

The last Ronaldo penalty claim was a stonewall one, i mean even rival fans would probably admit that.

I find it frustrating how they can use VAR for some penalty claims but not others.

Correct me if I'm wrong Chippers, but are you not saying it was a pen here?

• Haha 1

I had a bad feeling when I saw that lineup an hour before kickoff, and I'm not buying the <deleted> that it's only the Carabao Cup. My opinion is that England should have 1 cup like everywhere else but that's just my opinion; here's the fact of the situation - City have won this thing 4 seasons running because they know it can be a springboard that motivates the team into going onto win the league 2 months later. It becomes useless to talk down a trophy when we are looking at 5 years without 1. Eleven changes was shocking, the way those changes played was shocking, the smiles from Ole at the end were shocking, and compared to last week in Bern to me this result was more shocking. Needlessly out of a cup at the first hurdle

49 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I had a bad feeling when I saw that lineup an hour before kickoff, and I'm not buying the <deleted> that it's only the Carabao Cup. My opinion is that England should have 1 cup like everywhere else but that's just my opinion; here's the fact of the situation - City have won this thing 4 seasons running because they know it can be a springboard that motivates the team into going onto win the league 2 months later. It becomes useless to talk down a trophy when we are looking at 5 years without 1. Eleven changes was shocking, the way those changes played was shocking, the smiles from Ole at the end were shocking, and compared to last week in Bern to me this result was more shocking. Needlessly out of a cup at the first hurdle

Good honest assessment there Chippy ???? whereas Rick will come on (eventually) saying you didn't want to be in it ????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Being beaten fair and square by little old West Ham who made 10 changes. Shocking. ????

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I hear what you are saying Chippy but when else are those players going to get a run out?

Hi Kadilo,

I have to say, spirited performance by your boys and thoroughly deserved it. You even had to put up with some vintage Matic late tackles.

I'm here to discuss any points you'd like to about the game....

On a serious note from a United point of view. I'm reminded of a League Cup game early in the Jose era vs City (maybe Mr Boj recalls it). We were on a very bad run and managed to get a hard fought victory at OT. In the post match Jose said he didn't give them any tactical direction, just to go and show the fans they were playing for the shirt. I can't help thinking that West Ham wanted it more last night and we were overloaded by tactics. Can't use the match fitness excuse as West Ham also played their 2nd string. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

And how could I forget.... 72,000 there last night..... But I'm sure most of them were tourists who had come over especially for a League Cup game ????????????????

Without a doubt United have a lot of people who want to go and watch them and do the stadium tour etc. 72,000 is a big audience for a Carabao Cup game. Seriously though, if memory serves, cup tickets at United are compulsory whether you want to go or not. The money is deducted from your credit card if you are a season ticket holder. So how many of those do you think got tickets via the season ticket holder exchange system and don't speak mancunia?  ????????????????

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

The amount of people joyous that we lost a League Cup game is just like the 72,000.... Confirmation that we are still the biggest club in the country.

Just out of interest. Do the 72,000 fans of the self proclaimed biggest club in the country think that the self proclaimed biggest club in the country should be winning a trophy or two? As the self proclaimed biggest club in the country, surely only winning the thursday night cup 4 years ago isn't good enough. I mean, you keep on telling me that we are a small club and only think small for not winning the Champions League. Just an observation for the self proclaimed biggest club in the country to ponder over ????

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just out of interest. Do the 72,000 fans of the self proclaimed biggest club in the country think that the self proclaimed biggest club in the country should be winning a trophy or two? As the self proclaimed biggest club in the country, surely only winning the thursday night cup 4 years ago isn't good enough. I mean, you keep on telling me that we are a small club and only think small for not winning the Champions League. Just an observation for the self proclaimed biggest club in the country to ponder over ????

Of course. We desperately need to win a trophy. But as you have come to realise so embarrassingly over the past few weeks. You can't buy history or a fanbase... You can build it sure, but you seem to have a long way to go.... To satisfy your manager for a start.

You are a very good football team. But not a big club. And you might be happy with that.... Arguably that's what matter the most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Strange kick off time...... clashing with the big match! Some local band playing at the cricket club is the reason. Very poor scheduling by all parties concerned.

Is that why it is? Was wondering. 

Not on TV in UK then I guess 

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Strange kick off time...... clashing with the big match! Some local band playing at the cricket club is the reason. Very poor scheduling by all parties concerned.

Should have played last night. They only had the ressies out v West Ham, as did they.

• Like 1