The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

40 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If go to Google Earth and type in Empty Seats it take you the Etihad

It's great that nowadays all United fans can try and take the mick out of City fans is the fact that we don't have any tourist fans. I remember years ago when United to take the micky out of us not winning anything. Now it's you lot who aren't winning anything. Long may it remain like this 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's great that nowadays all United fans can try and take the mick out of City fans is the fact that we don't have any tourist fans. I remember years ago when United to take the micky out of us not winning anything. Now it's you lot who aren't winning anything. Long may it remain like this 

What we are getting at... Is that you don't have many fans... And your manager has kinda confirmed that... That's all... Thanks.... Hi Kadilo.... Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What we are getting at... Is that you don't have many fans... And your manager has kinda confirmed that... That's all... Thanks.... Hi Kadilo.... Thanks

Just wondering if you can could quantify "many" because seeing as you are the self proclaimed biggest club in the country, every other club has less than you and therefore doesn't have "many".

Since leaving Maine Road we have gone from a 32,000 capacity to a 55,000 capacity stadium which has been expanded twice. Cha, cha young Padawan. World dominance is a long term project

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just wondering if you can could quantify "many" because seeing as you are the self proclaimed biggest club in the country, every other club has less than you and therefore doesn't have "many".

Since leaving Maine Road we have gone from a 32,000 capacity to a 55,000 capacity stadium which has been expanded twice. Cha, cha young Padawan. World dominance is a long term project

Are the council planning to rehouse some of the Afghans there soon?

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea good but Fred poor vs Aston Villa

Man Utd were beaten by Aston Villa's late goal at Old Trafford, followed by Bruno Fernandes' missed penalty, on a day when too many attacking players failed to perform.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-player-ratings-villa-21675159

Aston Villa wanted it more. Congratulation to them. They fought as if their life depended on it. Well done to them. Our players were stressed on the ball all the time. Aston Villa played a really good game. Nothing to be sorry about, just accept the loss and come back stronger. Take it on the chin and get on with it and do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen again. In football and other sports, these things happen.

Aston Villa played a very high-risk game committing so many players high up on the pitch. We should have put them away in the first half but all attempts came to nothing. Gareth Southgate in the stands and suddenly Mason Greenwood wants to score all goals by himself. So many chances by many players, 28 shots, but nobody could bury the ball. It can happen.

So now both Chelsea and City are equal and Liverpool have one point advantage. 32 matches left and we need to catch up one point, I think it is achievable. It is not a disaster, just an unpleasant imperfection of a team that is still trying to find its harmony. Marcus would probably have scored multiple times if he had been available. Overall, it is a very good team but we need to give them time to fine tune and learn to play together in a productive and efficient way. Don't worry, they will blow you away when they have been fine-tuned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Looks like the negative side of the 2nd coming is beginning to show. Definitely affecting Greenwood who seems desperate to score, consistently refusing to pass to players in better positions. And as for the penalty..... Why CR7 stood there on Fernandes' shoulder whilst he was waiting to take it just added to the pressure on him. particularly as Martinez apparently kept telling CR7 to take it instead. If OGS is telling the truth and Bruno was the designate, CR7 should have left him well alone. Still, it meant justice was done and the better side won.

MU just an average team with "many" average players and below average manager...  555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Looks like the negative side of the 2nd coming is beginning to show. Definitely affecting Greenwood who seems desperate to score, consistently refusing to pass to players in better positions. And as for the penalty..... Why CR7 stood there on Fernandes' shoulder whilst he was waiting to take it just added to the pressure on him. particularly as Martinez apparently kept telling CR7 to take it instead. If OGS is telling the truth and Bruno was the designate, CR7 should have left him well alone. Still, it meant justice was done and the better side won.

How good was Martinez, proper <deleted> with Fernandes him goading Ronaldo, who now has an uncanny resemblance to Scott Tracy from the Thunderbirds.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wilai said:

As you can see by posts like this, it's an irresistible narrative that Ronaldo comes and messes everything up but that's just not the case.

Ronaldo relies on service. The problem yesterday was service to Ronaldo and the midfield. And obviously Greenwood being wasteful.

Also I'm not sure he was standing over the penalty. When your mate is being surrounded and put off by players I think it's just showing support to be nearby 

But yeah 10/10 to Martinez for those tactics

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Also I'm not sure he was standing over the penalty. When your mate is being surrounded and put off by players I think it's just showing support to be nearby 

But yeah 10/10 to Martinez for those tactics

???? Had CR7 stayed out of the way as he should have, Martinez wouldn't have been able to do/say what he did. And I'm pleased you agree with me about Greenwood.

BTW....no attempts from CR7.....you stick him in your FPL team or something?????

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

???? Had CR7 stayed out of the way as he should have, Martinez wouldn't have been able to do/say what he did. And I'm pleased you agree with me about Greenwood.

BTW....no attempts from CR7.....you stick him in your FPL team or something?????

True... But it was all heat of the moment. I can see why he didn't just walk away.

With Bamford and DCL injured I was forced into a -8 reshuffle ????

On 9/26/2021 at 8:00 AM, mrbojangles said:

But is Ole a master musician who can fine tune them? Or is he like a bog standard play at home guitar playing hobbyist? I think the latter

Well I never thought of Ole as a master who could "fine tune them" because that was never his game when he was a player, and his shortcomings in the area of tactics and strategy seem to fall down far too often.

It would seem as if he is devoid of "managerial nous" or for that matter "tactical nous" as I don't see much of that in the games they have played so far. In addition there appears to be no cohesion and no plan and it's about time United bit the bullet and realised that selecting Ole was not the best decision.

And I go back to something I said a while back, inasmuch as United had the opportunity when the transfer window was on to be able to strengthen their team in a couple of important places – – namely a strong defensive midfield player with an ability to push forward (because Pogba doesn't really fit that bill) and a player who can control the game, instead it appears they are relying on the return of Ronaldo and the skills of Fernandes.

Had they sold Pogba when he was being eyed by other clubs, they would have enough money in the kitty to spend a bit on a class player.

Just to add insult to injury I noticed that Phil Jones is back in the squad and was on the bench, and Juan Mata (good player he is, but slow these days) is still around, and Donny van der Beek must think he's got leprosy, by the way he is often left out – – why did they buy him in the first place? 

IMO, and I've been a United supporter since 1956, this squad that they've got at the moment, and this manager will not do them any favours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well I never thought of Ole as a master who could "fine tune them" because that was never his game when he was a player, and his shortcomings in the area of tactics and strategy seem to fall down far too often.

It would seem as if he is devoid of "managerial nous" or for that matter "tactical nous" as I don't see much of that in the games they have played so far. In addition there appears to be no cohesion and no plan and it's about time United bit the bullet and realised that selecting Ole was not the best decision.

And I go back to something I said a while back, inasmuch as United had the opportunity when the transfer window was on to be able to strengthen their team in a couple of important places – – namely a strong defensive midfield player with an ability to push forward (because Pogba doesn't really fit that bill) and a player who can control the game, instead it appears they are relying on the return of Ronaldo and the skills of Fernandes.

Had they sold Pogba when he was being eyed by other clubs, they would have enough money in the kitty to spend a bit on a class player.

Just to add insult to injury I noticed that Phil Jones is back in the squad and was on the bench, and Juan Mata (good player he is, but slow these days) is still around, and Donny van der Beek must think he's got leprosy, by the way he is often left out – – why did they buy him in the first place? 

IMO, and I've been a United supporter since 1956, this squad that they've got at the moment, and this manager will not do them any favours.

It's an excellent squad it's just unbalanced.

Got to ask questions of the manager though, I agree.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I think United might be hoping to get a few quid for Jones, the other week he had a game in the under 23's

22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think United might be hoping to get a few quid for Jones, the other week he had a game in the under 23's

Whatever people say about him he didn't get injured on purpose and deserves to be treated with respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Bang on with Defensive Mid point,

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Whatever people say about him he didn't get injured on purpose and deserves to be treated with respect.

I don't think anyone has disrespected him, however many of his injuries have been bought on by his tackling technique, which leave him open to injuries, and the problem is that I don't think that can be changed at this late stage in his footballing career.

I hope he can completely regain his fitness and recover from his injuries, and perhaps find another club, because I don't think there will be really enough space for him in United's backline.