The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I don't think anyone has disrespected him, however many of his injuries have been bought on by his tackling technique, which leave him open to injuries, and the problem is that I don't think that can be changed at this late stage in his footballing career.

I hope he can completely regain his fitness and recover from his injuries, and perhaps find another club, because I don't think there will be really enough space for him in United's backline.

There's no space for him but he deserves a dignified exit.

We obviously read comments in different places because I've seen a lot of pretty nasty stuff about him from United fans considering he's our player.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

I don't recall seeing any "nasty stuff" about him, but then again I don't seek out comments from other websites or publications, so if there have been any I wouldn't have seen them.

I always thought it was a good player and he was very quick over 10 yards and very brave, but the injuries have put paid to having a longer playing career, however as you say he does deserve a dignified exit, and I hope he gets it, and is able to bank some funds for his future

Just head over to twitter, it's full of bed wetting nonces who spit vitriol and racist comments towards their own players constantly. They wouldn't say boo to a goose in the real world. 

• Sad 1

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea good and Cristiano Ronaldo key vs Villarreal

Man United beat Villarreal in their first Champions League group stage home game this season and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-villarreal-21716684

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea good and Cristiano Ronaldo key vs Villarreal

Man United beat Villarreal in their first Champions League group stage home game this season and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-villarreal-21716684

De Gea MOM for us, no question.

Great result and fight back, but still a lot of issues last night. Could have been 5 down by HT!

• Like 1

Lewis Dobbin and Charlie Whitaker were veterans of a combined total of one minute’s senior football for Everton. They were the attacking options on Rafa Benítez’s bench. Their Manchester United counterparts were Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and the lesser-spotted Donny van de Beek, whose £35m fee made him £35m costlier than Andros Townsend

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/02/manchester-united-potential-still-not-being-realised-as-everton-do-more-with-less

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Fred out

I don't know what Mourinho saw on him as he's not a top player and maybe hard for him to find a place in championship team ..... vs Aston was bad, yesterday very bad can anyone tell me when he did a good performance

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I don't know what Mourinho saw on him as he's not a top player and maybe hard for him to find a place in championship team ..... vs Aston was bad, yesterday very bad can anyone tell me when he did a good performance

Got to be said there were many games last season when he was our best player. Seems to do better against 'the bigger teams'. But he's got zero composure and loses his head. Not good recipe for a midfielder.

'The players are good enough, the team is not'. Sorry, but only one person to blame for that - the clown of a manager.. Yes we know he was a legend as a player but so what in terms of him being a manager. Ole just doesn't have a plan b and c, he hasn't got a plan a either! How much more of this dross do we have to take? I have no idea why anyone would defend him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

'The players are good enough, the team is not'. Sorry, but only one person to blame for that - the clown of a manager.. Yes we know he was a legend as a player but so what in terms of him being a manager. Ole just doesn't have a plan b and c, he hasn't got a plan a either! How much more of this dross do we have to take? I have no idea why anyone would defend him now.

Are our midfielders good enough? Not sure about that

• Like 1

Too many egos and weak management are not a good mix. 

…..add Carrick who looks totally gormless to OLS who is clueless and your going to win nothing. 

Surely the pressure will mount soon once you have another disastrous end in Europe. 

Not even Ronaldo can carry that lot to anything. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Got to be said there were many games last season when he was our best player. Seems to do better against 'the bigger teams'. But he's got zero composure and loses his head. Not good recipe for a midfielder.

am with you, he's a hot head kid, too many faults/mistakes, yellow cards, they had better, more creative/offensive and they let him go (Dalot).... for me OLE has poor management skills

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree his legs are too short to make him a decent defensive midfielder. Need someone who can cover more ground, quicker. 

they had the guy but let him go or is he still there Dalot