The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Replace Bailly or Lindelof with Maguire surely….

Bissaka a Liability now….Pogba dreaming of Real next year….

Too many precious superstars up front & midfield who do near zero defensive work.

A 750 mill. group of great individuals…..never a team to win Prem or CL.

when watching the top three Prem teams, you can see the difference

just finished watching the Leicester game…..

now if only Messi could come to Newcastle…..

Bissaka a liability. What are you talking about.

You sound like the guy who watches one game and then gives a season review.

The biggest problem is the midfield. And when the defence has an off day like yesterday we aren't going to win many games. 

Doubt we will get top four. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: Harry Maguire and Paul Pogba poor vs Leicester

Man United lost to Leicester at the King Power Stadium and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-leicester-21879276 

don't agree with the ratings  Bissaka, Maguire, Shaw, Sancho, McTominey, Greenwood (he did put 1 in but after that where was he,  very selfish young player) should get 0 to 1 as they were inexistent, wonder what they found in Sancho and why Varane was not there but Maguire (the goal giver) was

21 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Bissaka a liability. What are you talking about.

You sound like the guy who watches one game and then gives a season review.

The biggest problem is the midfield. And when the defence has an off day like yesterday we aren't going to win many games. 

Doubt we will get top four. 

better start to think about getting top 10 .... good luck 555

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ole was a supersub as a player, tactically smart to quickly exploit spotted weaknesses and surprising opponents. But he was never good enough to be a consistent starter, maybe because a starter is more about consistency and quality within the team structure.

It seems like his managing career is following in the same pattern. Great caretaker, identifying what was missing (culture and attitude) sparking a fantastic run, but not consistent and good enough within a (missing) structure as a permanent manager.

The most effective sub I've ever seen, but if as you say, and I do agree....why has he been given so much money? 

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

better start to think about getting top 10 .... good luck 555

You seem to be one of these characters that just appears to have a pop at United.

Support a team of your own? Or this is just a side hobby along with annoying the wife.

Atalanta send Manchester United a warning ahead of Champions League fixture

Man Utd are back in action when they host Italian side Atalanta in the Champions League at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

Atalanta geared up for their upcoming match against Manchester United in comfortable fashion by beating Empoli 4-1 in Serie A on Sunday afternoon.

Why do the United knockers still keep at it? Just a blip in a long season. They won at the Iron's gaff a few weeks back didn't they?

Spurs had their dodgy spell; let in three goals for three matches running. Now they are right back up there. The Gunners also started poorly too. Liverpool only took two points from six recently. Don't hear their fans shouting for a change in leadership.

The one criticism I've got with United is that too many of their players seem to be simply going through the motions. Can't win every game; but can always gIve 100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Why do the United knockers still keep at it? Just a blip in a long season. They won at the Iron's gaff a few weeks back didn't they?

It's not the fact they have bad things to say about United. Anyone can see we have issues. It's the fact they don't comment on anything else football related or have their own team.

That to me spells one thing..... sad, sad people that thrive off the shortcomings of others. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:45 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Replace Bailly or Lindelof with Maguire surely….

Bissaka a Liability now….Pogba dreaming of Real next year….

Too many precious superstars up front & midfield who do near zero defensive work.

A 750 mill. group of great individuals…..never a team to win Prem or CL.

when watching the top three Prem teams, you can see the difference

just finished watching the Leicester game…..

now if only Messi could come to Newcastle…..

You make a lot of good points and your point about "too many precious superstars upfront and in midfield who do near zero defensive work" is spot on and mirrors exactly what was said on the BBC iPlayer Match of the Day commentary after the game.

They have been short of a couple of good midfielders for some time now and it shows, and certainly did on Saturdays match against Leicester, because without some good defensive midfield players the defence are put under pressure, and I would have to say that they are not the strongest defensive outfit anyway.

I thought the signing of Donny was going to be a good move, but he's hardly got a look in???

For my money, Ole is a man without a plan, however I don't know who could take his place at the moment because I believe United lost their chance a while back. Maybe my granny could help out. LOL!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Ole is a man without a plan

I think he has / had a plan, but how much is it being compromised by others? Did Ronaldo really fit into the plans he had for this season? Or was the transfer essentially a combination of old boys wanting him back (Fergie, Rio etc) and the marketing benefits on offer?

The problem with being a puppet manager is that you struggle to implement your plan because you are dealing with so many outside influences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Yep I know we still have to win tonight thats a must infact every game is a must win,

0_share_db7d30bc6cbf3098ef6bb546e7e03cba (1).png

That's an interesting line up and looks a bit more solid than recent weeks.

I have no problem with dropping Bruno. Nobody should be undroppable.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 4:14 PM, RickG16 said:

That's an interesting line up and looks a bit more solid than recent weeks.

I have no problem with dropping Bruno. Nobody should be undroppable.

Nobody is un droppable but in Fernandes case he is one of a small group of players over the years that can do very little in a game and then turn on a bit of magic like the pass he played for Rashford against Atlanta. Very few MU players, with the exception maybe of Pogba, would have the skill and vision to make it. Its so frustrating but my memory of Cantona is similar, would do nothing and then create a magical pass or goal.

I read somewhere that Pogba, another constant frustrater, leads the league in assists this season but my hope is for Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba to be all ,for once, on song together, could it be Sunday ? (wishful thinking) I'm sure all will start. 

• Like 1

Regardless what happens with the attacking-midfield trio, Cristiano Ronaldo is assured to lead the line and look to try and spearhead United's attempt to get the better of Liverpool in a Premier League clash for the first time in more than three-and-a-half years.

Fred if fit

Rashford if fit

Bruno if fit

0_Screenshot-2021-10-22-at-211539.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Nobody is un droppable but in Fernandes case he is one of a small group of players over the years that can do very little in a game and then turn on a bit of magic like the pass he played for Rashford against Atlanta. Very few MU players, with the exception maybe of Pogba, would have the skill and vision to make it. Its so frustrating but my memory of Cantona is similar, would do nothing and then create a magical pass or goal.

I read somewhere that Pogba, another constant frustrater, leads the league in assists this season but my hope is for Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba to be all ,for once, on song together, could it be Sunday ? (wishful thinking) I'm sure all will start. 

Pogba got 4 assist in the game against Leeds could do with him scoring

• Like 1