BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester United thread 2019

25 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Not all that likely, but possible, that United could be holding down 17th place in the table come Tuesday morning.:hit-the-fan:

For once I hope not. I'm hoping United finish the weekend on 12 points

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

There is that, yeah. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

More chance of you building a snowman this afternoon.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, RickG16 said:

Absolutely, he seemed to be the antidote to the bad atmosphere and disconnect in the squad under Jose. But it appears we are now seeing that there is only so far "Remember, you're playing for Man United lads" can take us.

Forget the injuries and letting too many strikers go, the players at Newcastle were playing way below their capabilities, looked afraid of receiving the ball because they didn't want to make a mistake, and didn't look like they were fighting for each other.

I am interested to know if you have a cut off point Sparkles? If we lose to Liverpool, most people would give Ole a pass I think. But then a draw or loss to Norwich away? A battering against Chelsea? Dropped more points against Bournemouth?......what is your cut off point? You don't just give an inexperienced manager three seasons in the hope it will turn out OK.

Rest assured, despite the 'Ole is safe' mantra, the club will be making contingency plans. This is the real world. There is a very good chance another manager could do a better job, because there are better and more experienced managers. 

No cut off point for me Rick with 30 games to go.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, RickG16 said:

Absolutely, he seemed to be the antidote to the bad atmosphere and disconnect in the squad under Jose. But it appears we are now seeing that there is only so far "Remember, you're playing for Man United lads" can take us.

Forget the injuries and letting too many strikers go, the players at Newcastle were playing way below their capabilities, looked afraid of receiving the ball because they didn't want to make a mistake, and didn't look like they were fighting for each other.

I am interested to know if you have a cut off point Sparkles? If we lose to Liverpool, most people would give Ole a pass I think. But then a draw or loss to Norwich away? A battering against Chelsea? Dropped more points against Bournemouth?......what is your cut off point? You don't just give an inexperienced manager three seasons in the hope it will turn out OK.

Rest assured, despite the 'Ole is safe' mantra, the club will be making contingency plans. This is the real world. There is a very good chance another manager could do a better job, because there are better and more experienced managers. 

With 30 rounds to go there is no cut off date for me Rick. Mourinho was supposed to be the best I will be happy to get this season out of the way and if they can sign another 3 quality players next summer the wheels will turn.

Watching Spurs get over the line for a point last night  against lowly Watford was a reminder that even you have better squad than United and a top class Manager it doesn't guarantee success in any game .

I always remind myself of the innuendo in the clubs name Manchester United and that is what is required now UNITY, among players ,staff, board and followers, many of who got on the train when MU was winning all before them.

Mistakes have been made and even Woodward admitted that last week that's a start.

So many self promoting pundits,like Colleymore whose own management record was abysmal were wetting themselves when United didn't come up with a win away at AZ Alkmaar on a plastic pitch.No mention that they in the Dutch league were only 1 point behind Ajax,who are no mugs.Newcastle was as bad as I hope it will get.

The injury and illness toll has not helped Bailly, long term,Shaw,Martial,Pogba all 4 weeks out,Wan Bisaka,Jones, Rojo, Lindelof, Dalot, Greenwood, Lingard, Tuanzebe,Fosu Mensah all unavailable at some time and now doubts on De Gea. The squad is no where strong enough to cover that scenario.

So to tonight Romero is as good a cover as you could expect for De Gea. 90 +games for Argentina and has never let United down.Why he stays I have no idea,loyalty is a rare commodity these days but hopefully he plays a blinder,he will need to

Keep the faith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. However, the good thing about football is you just never know. Here's hoping

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A front line (assuming fit) of Rashford - Martial - James is more than capable of causing this lot problems. 

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

A front line (assuming fit) of Rashford - Martial - James is more than capable of causing this lot problems. 

Yes you might even score two but if you do I see you shipping five.

Much better from United, why didn't you play like this against Newcastle?  But nothing changed really, take this good performance with you and you should beat Norwich comfortably. 

best performance from Manu this seson, pity they not play like that all the time

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sadly i can only see a liverpoo victory. But I'd love it if you proved me wrong.😊

When it's ok to be wrong 🤣

giphy (2).gif

Being in an upcountry hotel with no football on tv and not wanting to watch it on my phone, i gave it a miss.

One son and wife did watch it, they reckon ManU were the better team until the latter stages. Thanks: you can revert to being <deleted> again now.

Wife has seen most liverpool games this season (i rarely watch them) and reckons they aren't playing well but keep being fortunate.