The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Rumours about he may be in line. Would he be welcomed  at United? I don't see Liverpool fans taking issue.  Decent tactician. 

If Matt Busby can get away with playing for Liverpool he should be fine!

Not like he actually won anything with you.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, ChipButty said:

Watch Spurs spoil the party this weekend and let United win, Ole gets to live another day

Following that line of thought, and sad that I have to say this, but I hope Spurs do win, because it should almost certainly result in OGS having to go, whereas a win for United would delay what should be painfully obvious.

It wouldn't matter if United did lose, because they're not in the running for anything at the moment and it looks like they won't be either, so nothing lost in reality.

In my mind, the main problem is picking a suitable manager and I don't know how much homework the other top teams had to put in to be able to snare Klopp, Tuchel and Pep, because they proved that the right managers are out there, it's just that United seem to be picking the wrong ones!

I sincerely hope that work is being done behind the scenes to identify a suitable candidate, because if not we could be in the same position again. And I'm not sure that Brendan Rodgers is the right guy, or indeed I can't see any other manager in the league who would suit, so looking overseas is of prime importance I would think.

Anyway, an interesting couple of weeks ahead for United and their supporters.

37 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Following that line of thought, and sad that I have to say this, but I hope Spurs do win, because it should almost certainly result in OGS having to go, whereas a win for United would delay what should be painfully obvious.

It wouldn't matter if United did lose, because they're not in the running for anything at the moment and it looks like they won't be either, so nothing lost in reality.

In my mind, the main problem is picking a suitable manager and I don't know how much homework the other top teams had to put in to be able to snare Klopp, Tuchel and Pep, because they proved that the right managers are out there, it's just that United seem to be picking the wrong ones!

I sincerely hope that work is being done behind the scenes to identify a suitable candidate, because if not we could be in the same position again. And I'm not sure that Brendan Rodgers is the right guy, or indeed I can't see any other manager in the league who would suit, so looking overseas is of prime importance I would think.

Anyway, an interesting couple of weeks ahead for United and their supporters.

Not ideal to sack him right now, should have sacked him last Monday, Spurs today Atalanta on Wednesday and then City next weekend, United board were not prepared for this they never had a plan B sacking him this week, who would step in while a manager was appointed? 

Regardless of the results this week he is likely to get sacked just before the international break that would be the time to bring in a new manager, then there is a so called easier run of games,

As for who that will be I dont know but I dont think Brenda is the one, 

Many people are saying Conti lots of people are saying Ten Haag from Ajax, a good friend of mine who does lots of pod cast did a good job of explaining why he thinks he would be a good appointment, Maybe Donny would get a game..........? 

Another thing I noticed, If United get beat and the 5 or 6 teams below win United could drop to 12th place,

This is all on Ole this is his team he more or less got what he wanted, no excuses now

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani good vs Tottenham

Man United beat Spurs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium through goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani and here is how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-spurs-22019480

• Thanks 1

Almost like a Jekyll and Hyde performance, compared to last week when United were a complete shambles, however this week they looked much more composed and incisive, however it has to be said that Spurs were dreadful.

There's an old saying which goes along the lines of, "you can only play as well as the opposition will allow you" and I did think that could have been the case last week, however looking at some of the performances from the United players then, that wasn't the reason, because they were truly dreadful.

Perhaps this will buy OGS sometime, and give the United chiefs time to look at a replacement, which they surely need to do.

Will be interesting to see how they go against Atalanta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Almost like a Jekyll and Hyde performance, compared to last week when United were a complete shambles, however this week they looked much more composed and incisive, however it has to be said that Spurs were dreadful.

There's an old saying which goes along the lines of, "you can only play as well as the opposition will allow you" and I did think that could have been the case last week, however looking at some of the performances from the United players then, that wasn't the reason, because they were truly dreadful.

Perhaps this will buy OGS sometime, and give the United chiefs time to look at a replacement, which they surely need to do.

And City next

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I'd expect some rotation vs Atlanta but don't see why we wouldn't go with the same 3 5 2 against City 

It's solid it makes the most of our most reliable and experienced players 

• Like 1

If Harry Maguire isn't fit and fully recovered from his injury he shouldn't be selected to play for United. If he is fit, and has fully recovered from his injury, then he definitely shouldn't be playing for United! Pogba is a liability playing the way he did tonight, and if De Gea is getting paid £1.5 million a month for letting in goals that you wouldn't see a toddler letting in then United are being conned by players and agents big time. He could have calmly put his foot on the one he dived over, and he surely should be braver and more alert than he was for the second one. If United play like that on Saturday they'll get a bigger hiding than Liverpool gave them.

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Hahaha brilliant 

FDPlQPfWUAIt876.png

I realise it's a joke... but take Salah out of your team and what effect would that have?

We are allowed to have a world class player.

Also, the huge media attention on Ole over the last week has proven something. Compare him with Klopp, Pep and Tuchel all you want, but being United manager is a far bigger job with far bigger pressure attached to it. 

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If Harry Maguire isn't fit and fully recovered from his injury he shouldn't be selected to play for United. If he is fit, and has fully recovered from his injury, then he definitely shouldn't be playing for United! Pogba is a liability playing the way he did tonight, and if De Gea is getting paid £1.5 million a month for letting in goals that you wouldn't see a toddler letting in then United are being conned by players and agents big time. He could have calmly put his foot on the one he dived over, and he surely should be braver and more alert than he was for the second one. If United play like that on Saturday they'll get a bigger hiding than Liverpool gave them.

Varane shouldn't have been selected either IMO. He has only just come back from injury. Should've saved him for the weekend. What's happened to Tunazebe? 

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Hahaha brilliant 

FDPlQPfWUAIt876.png

Brilliant isn't it - team mates helping each other out.

If you put army vests on them - he'd be a hero and awarded medals...

But I'm with you he should be given one ????