The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

One story that is doing the rounds and it's getting on my nerves is Peter Schmeichel saying that Steve Bruce could do the interim job 

The only fans who think Bruce would make a good appointment at United are Liverpool's and Manchester City's.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Im not impressed by any of them, Roy Keane for me 555

I'm just interested to know if they are giving the interim any chance of being the permanent boss, or if they are categorically telling them it's only til the end of the season.

Hoping for a win but just can’t see it. Think it’ll be the same team that started against Villarreal but with Rashford in for Martial.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles

Van De Beek - McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Matic, Lingard, Fernandes, Diallo, Elanga, Martial

Score Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester United

29 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Hoping for a win but just can’t see it. Think it’ll be the same team that started against Villarreal but with Rashford in for Martial.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka - Bailly - Lindelof - Telles

Van De Beek - McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Matic, Lingard, Fernandes, Diallo, Elanga, Martial

Score Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester United

I would like to think that United could spring a surprise, however on the other hand Chelsea really do play well, and play like a team which has been coached very well.

I've often wondered why Dalot doesn't get a run out at full-back/wingback, this especially after some dreadful performances by Wan-Bissaka, and I'm wondering whether Fernandes really should be dropped, because he does have some very good skills, even though he has seemed somewhat lethargic of late?

Still, maybe that's the message that Carrick is trying to send to his players – – work hard and play well to secure your place, but that somewhat contradicts my statement about Wan-Bissaka!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I would like to think that United could spring a surprise, however on the other hand Chelsea really do play well, and play like a team which has been coached very well.

I've often wondered why Dalot doesn't get a run out at full-back/wingback, this especially after some dreadful performances by Wan-Bissaka, and I'm wondering whether Fernandes really should be dropped, because he does have some very good skills, even though he has seemed somewhat lethargic of late?

Still, maybe that's the message that Carrick is trying to send to his players – – work hard and play well to secure your place, but that somewhat contradicts my statement about Wan-Bissaka!!

Under Ole didnt stand a chance and AWB was a Ole signing I think a bit politics involved here, to me Dalot is far better going forward and can cross the ball, Here's a bit of insider info for you, Dalot has a personal trainer I know of him and by all accounts is very good as a fitness coach and he reckons Dalot should be in the team over AWB 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Under Ole didnt stand a chance and AWB was a Ole signing I think a bit politics involved here, to me Dalot is far better going forward and can cross the ball, Here's a bit of insider info for you, Dalot has a personal trainer I know of him and by all accounts is very good as a fitness coach and he reckons Dalot should be in the team over AWB 

worse defense ever, not fitted, lazy and not team players, shaw, bissaka, maguire and greenwood are good for (middle table) championship team, not good enough for premiership, should give chance to Dalot, VDB, Telles as I see it MU players are not playing as a team, not pressing when loose the ball, not given 100%

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

worse defense ever, not fitted, lazy and not team players, shaw, bissaka, maguire and greenwood are good for (middle table) championship team, not good enough for premiership, should give chance to Dalot, VDB, Telles as I see it MU players are not playing as a team, not pressing when loose the ball, not given 100%

Yep Shaw has gone off the boil since coming back from the Euro's so did a few other players, as for Greenwood I have followed him all the way through the academy one day this guy is going to hit the ground running, he did sort of I dont see any development from him in the last 2 seasons is that down to Ole and his Goon show? same with Rashford they haven't gone any further.

If you check out Telles he can play as a wing back in the Portuguese league he scored I think without looking 13 goals, if we had defenders who could score 13 goals a season we would be rocking, 

Now they need game time they have been miss managed.

Can you believe we still have Phil Jones on the books on 80k a week he traveled with the squad down to Chelsea and Mata 

If they needed an extra defender I would have taken Teden Mengi I know he's only young 19 or 20 you never know with Bailly if he's going to get a Red card or injured, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea and Jadon Sancho good vs Chelsea

Man United drew with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-chelsea-22301486

A good result from United's perspective, although they probably didn't deserve it, and although they played better together/as a team, they are still a long way off the same quality of the top four in the Premier league.

The change has come at the right time, and IMO it's time to decide the future of quite a few of the United players and squad, and look towards building a TEAM.

I say that because United's player acquisitions of the past season or three, seem to have been knee-jerk signings and not those required to build a team and strengthen key positions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A good result from United's perspective, although they probably didn't deserve it, and although they played better together/as a team, they are still a long way off the same quality of the top four in the Premier league.

The change has come at the right time, and IMO it's time to decide the future of quite a few of the United players and squad, and look towards building a TEAM.

I say that because United's player acquisitions of the past season or three, seem to have been knee-jerk signings and not those required to build a team and strengthen key positions.

Strange substitution last night taking Sancho off unless he got a knock, I would have taken Rashford off first, he doesnt look match fit to me or is he turning into another Welbeck?

33 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Strange substitution last night taking Sancho off unless he got a knock, I would have taken Rashford off first, he doesnt look match fit to me or is he turning into another Welbeck?

lingaard much better than Rash a  more completed player

22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It's official from Man United Ralf Rangnik is appointed United manager I spoke to him a couple of hours ago and he said he looking forward to supporting me with further updates and information

Forgot to tell you how to spell his name did he?????

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's official from Man United Ralf Rangnik is appointed United manager 

The Godfather of pressing (Ronaldo's fukmans), mentor to every German coach ever, prized away from Locomotive with his empty cabinet of major honours. ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The Godfather of pressing (Ronaldo's fukmans), mentor to every German coach ever, prized away from Locomotive with his empty cabinet of major honours. ???? 

I reckon the real spelling of his name is RAG-nick which would be apt as he is going to RAG central ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You say that like it's dead easy to get the better of Bayern Munich with clubs like Hoffenheim and Leipzig. If you at what he's actually achieved with clubs of that size it's impressive.

If you are interested in Stat's here's one for you

The main change was obviously in the pressing of United, which is so vital to Rangnick's philosophy. His team won possession in the final third on 12 occasions, which is the most they've done in the Premier League since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.