BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester United thread 2019

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Get my comeuppance immediately as Williams scores.

And the explosion.

hard game against a great team, very lucky to get away with a draw

the last goal looked to me like an arm and hand ball VAR say different 

one great defender is past his prime was probably instrumental in 2 goals

great game 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

hard game against a great team

They aren't that good! We were dreadful for about 3/4 of the game. 

What a donkey Jones is, surely there is someone better available?

Must say, Gary Neville does speak a lot of sense, not afraid to upset the faithful. 

Do like that right back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Belting game. A tantalising glimpse during those 7 minutes of what Man Utd might be. I wonder if Pochettino was watching.

Anyone still think Harry McGuire is any good? That defence was tormented by some bog standard grafters. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Belting game. A tantalising glimpse during those 7 minutes of what Man Utd might be. I wonder if Pochettino was watching.

Anyone still think Harry McGuire is any good? That defence was tormented by some bog standard grafters. 

Agreed they were bog standard... but spare a thought for Maguire. He had an outnumbered, makeshift midfield in front of him, and a young kid + a rusty centre back next to him.

Don't fall into the same trap as those who always single out Pogba Champers. Just because he cost X million, we shouldn't expect him to become Baresi over night with those players around him. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Agreed they were bog standard... but spare a thought for Maguire. He had an outnumbered, makeshift midfield in front of him, and a young kid + a rusty centre back next to him.

Don't fall into the same trap as those who always single out Pogba Champers. Just because he cost X million, we shouldn't expect him to become Baresi over night with those players around him. 

No, I always thought he was overrated. Leicester don't seem to be missing him. Compare your defensive record to theirs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, champers said:

No, I always thought he was overrated. Leicester don't seem to be missing him. Compare your defensive record to theirs.

Horses for courses. Not concerned with Leicester... what we needed was a ball playing centre back with leadership qualities, who could also head in a few from corners.

He hasn't delivered on the last part (maybe more to do with the quality of the corners), but he has ticked a few of those boxes. There is a lot of fragility around him at the moment. We have a ridiculous amount of injuries. Medical dept has some questions to answer.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We have a ridiculous amount of injuries. Medical dept has some questions to answer.

I think it's something to do with the air in Manchester this season as their dropping like flies at both our clubs😕

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think it's something to do with the air in Manchester this season as their dropping like flies at both our clubs😕

So it'll be 5 a side on 7th Dec !      LOL

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

So it'll be 5 a side on 7th Dec !      LOL

With Aguerro injured, I'd put Sterling through the middle for the Derby and tell him to run at McGuire.

14 minutes ago, champers said:

With Aguerro injured, I'd put Sterling through the middle for the Derby and tell him to run at McGuire.

Thank you Pep!   LOL

I'd put Sterling in the middle and tell him 'Score some f....ing goals !

Edited by wgdanson

2 hours ago, champers said:

And I'd get Lindelof to man mark him. Because he's quick and can defend very well on the ground.

I watched the game, very poor performance in the first half, I was sure Sheffield United would win it, but credit where credit is due, Ole did the right changes. But what Jones is doing in that squad is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, balo said:

. But what Jones is doing in that squad is anyone's guess.

He has been a donkey for years. Never fulfilled his early promise. 
I was  never a massive Smalling fan, but to let him go and keep Jones was baffling.