The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hes only had 45 minutes with the team on the training ground since he arrived. That, to me, suggests those players weren't working hard enough under Ole

To me they didnt look fit enough, It looked like they were running out of steam towards the end

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If you are interested in Stat's here's one for you

The main change was obviously in the pressing of United, which is so vital to Rangnick's philosophy. His team won possession in the final third on 12 occasions, which is the most they've done in the Premier League since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Here’s some more. 3 shots on target. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If you are interested in Stat's here's one for you

The main change was obviously in the pressing of United, which is so vital to Rangnick's philosophy. His team won possession in the final third on 12 occasions, which is the most they've done in the Premier League since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

You can't imprint a pressing philosophy in one training session, it's a lot more detailed than closing down the opposition and ball. I think it is just those players finally putting a proper shift in. 

Took Jurgen 2 seasons, and when we weren't on it as a collective, we looked terrible and shipped a lot of soft goals. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Took Jurgen 2 seasons, and when we weren't on it as a collective, we looked terrible and shipped a lot of soft goals. 

Oh how you would like that my friend.... Difference is we have a better group of players than what Klopp inherited. Am I right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Oh how you would like that my friend.... Difference is we have a better group of players than what Klopp inherited. Am I right?

Hehe it was my first thought ????. Yes you definitely have a much better group of players. 

I can't see you doing anything but get better under Raggers, but he is coming in when most of the time in between games will be recovering and going again, not many opportunities to train and embed his philosophy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hes only had 45 minutes with the team on the training ground since he arrived. That, to me, suggests those players weren't working hard enough under Ole

I disagree. I think the players were working hard but had a lack of purpose and direction. Now they have it looks like we are working harder.

Anyway we have just made pretty hard work out of Palace at home so it's not time to get giddy yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Well in that short time he managed to change the shape they played and that paid off.

As for OGS, well he had to command the respect of the players in order to get them to work for him, and my opinion has been that he wasn't able to do that.........and two failed spells as a manger at different clubs, didn't help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Well in that short time he managed to change the shape they played and that paid off.

As for OGS, well he had to command the respect of the players in order to get them to work for him, and my opinion has been that he wasn't able to do that.........and two failed spells as a manger at different clubs, didn't help.

Your right, Ole ruined the team and the club, I dont see any development in any of the young players, he kept banging on how he gave player their debuts I mean 5 minutes is a debut? <deleted> off Ole 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I disagree. I think the players were working hard but had a lack of purpose and direction. Now they have it looks like we are working harder.

Nah mate, I'm not having that. It's a lame excuse. These are highly paid professionals and they should be able to motivate themselves and make on field decisions to adjust the game plan. What you are saying there is that they threw Ole under the bus

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah mate, I'm not having that. It's a lame excuse. These are highly paid professionals and they should be able to motivate themselves and make on field decisions to adjust the game plan. What you are saying there is that they threw Ole under the bus

Not saying that. I'm saying Ole didn't provide a coherent plan, so they didn't know what they were meant to be doing a lot of the time on the pitch. That's why they looked as if they weren't putting a shift in. 

• Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

It's hard to know what he mans by a small closed mentality without reading more. And I'm not going to buy his book. 

Maybe he is referring to the lack of other egos the size of Jupiter when he was there!

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Ole ruined the team and the club

That's harsh. He did his best and not a lot worse than far more experienced managers we have had.

The fans were singing his name vs Palace and rightly so. How many managers who have just been sacked that would give 2 hours of their time to the new manager to brief him on the players? He deserves respect and will always be a legend. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's harsh. He did his best and not a lot worse than far more experienced managers we have had.

The fans were singing his name vs Palace and rightly so. How many managers who have just been sacked that would give 2 hours of their time to the new manager to brief him on the players? He deserves respect and will always be a legend. 

I would think the Last thing a new manager needs is his input after the car crash he made of it. 

Of course thru were singing his name, he’s gone now. They were booing him in his last match. 

Shallow as <deleted>

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I would think the Last thing a new manager needs is his input after the car crash he made of it. 

Of course thru were singing his name, he’s gone now. They were booing him in his last match. 

Shallow as <deleted>

Doesn't that show we wanted him gone but still appreciate that he tried his best and is a legend of the club?

I think the chat with Rangnick would have been more generally about the profile of the players rather than telling him how to play. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't that show we wanted him gone but still appreciate that he tried his best and is a legend of the club?

I think the chat with Rangnick would have been more generally about the profile of the players rather than telling him how to play. 

No it shows relief that he’s gone but we can chant his name as if we did t want him gone and ease our conscience. 

The second part goes without saying. Why would anyone ask OLS how to play, he has been brought in because he was clueless. 

Edited by Kadilo

On to more serious matters....

I think it's pretty obvious that Klopp had a hair transplant.... A quick Google confirms it. The question is does Rangnick dye his hair / had a transplant / or both? His hair is looking in very good nick for 63....! 

Is this worthy of a poll?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

On to more serious matters....

I think it's pretty obvious that Klopp had a hair transplant.... A quick Google confirms it. The question is does Rangnick dye his hair / had a transplant / or both? His hair is looking in very good nick for 63....! 

Is this worthy of a poll?

Conte: wig or transplant?