The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Chris Armas lined up to join Ralf Rangnick's Manchester United coaching staff

Ralf Rangnick hopes to appoint Chris Armas to his new coaching staff at Manchester United after the departure of Michael Carrick.

Ralf Rangnick is assembling his coaching staff at Man Utd and he is set to appoint sports psychologist Sascha Lense to his team.

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think the chat with Rangnick would have been more generally about the profile of the players rather than telling him how to play. 

He'd be better off asking Alexa

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

First I wish Rangnick the best of luck because he's going to need it with that shower of <deleted> running the club for a multi billion pound business thats a disgrace that includes Ole, I'll admit he was a great player and a legend he will always be, Thats where it stops for me get them other parasites out they have been getting paid under false pretenses.

Where shall we start? First team squad? Phil Jones he is an embarrassment to his family and to the club 85k a week I would just pay up his contract and get him out,

Matic and Mata extended contracts get them out followed by Martial free up some places on the bench, DVB he's a lost cause I think now let him go followed by Jesse Shinguard, Who else? Pogba get him out and take your Riola circus with you.

I am tempted to sell Rashford we might get good money for him, Danyy Welbeck the 2nd

Greenwood well I was one of his biggest fans in the academy but I dont see any development in the last 2 years, is that bad coaching? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt lets see come the end of the season, sell him also if he doesn't buck up.

Then I would shut the Academy down it's a complete waste of money 700 million pounds a year that cost to run, How does the first team benefit from the academy? Forget the class of 92 that will never happen again.

For the last 6 years we have only had Rashford, Greenwood and McTomminey and they are not exactly pulling up tree's 

We have some good youth players but will they make it? all we need is a under 23's team in the old days we used to have a reserve team where players who were coming back from injury could get some game time and get match fit.

I think Rangnick will have to instill his philosophy in the youth teams so they can be ready to step up and play the way Ralfy want to play.

Ive seen these academy kids down at carrington they look like pudding chips and peas would kill them and their mothers dropping them off in the Range Rovers and Bentleys, what happened to catching the <deleted> bus? I used to have to walk 2 miles to get a bus in alsorts of weather..

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

First I wish Rangnick the best of luck because he's going to need it with that shower of <deleted> running the club for a multi billion pound business thats a disgrace that includes Ole, I'll admit he was a great player and a legend he will always be, Thats where it stops for me get them other parasites out they have been getting paid under false pretenses.

Where shall we start? First team squad? Phil Jones he is an embarrassment to his family and to the club 85k a week I would just pay up his contract and get him out,

Matic and Mata extended contracts get them out followed by Martial free up some places on the bench, DVB he's a lost cause I think now let him go followed by Jesse Shinguard, Who else? Pogba get him out and take your Riola circus with you.

I am tempted to sell Rashford we might get good money for him, Danyy Welbeck the 2nd

Greenwood well I was one of his biggest fans in the academy but I dont see any development in the last 2 years, is that bad coaching? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt lets see come the end of the season, sell him also if he doesn't buck up.

Then I would shut the Academy down it's a complete waste of money 700 million pounds a year that cost to run, How does the first team benefit from the academy? Forget the class of 92 that will never happen again.

For the last 6 years we have only had Rashford, Greenwood and McTomminey and they are not exactly pulling up tree's 

We have some good youth players but will they make it? all we need is a under 23's team in the old days we used to have a reserve team where players who were coming back from injury could get some game time and get match fit.

I think Rangnick will have to instill his philosophy in the youth teams so they can be ready to step up and play the way Ralfy want to play.

Ive seen these academy kids down at carrington they look like pudding chips and peas would kill them and their mothers dropping them off in the Range Rovers and Bentleys, what happened to catching the <deleted> bus? I used to have to walk 2 miles to get a bus in alsorts of weather..

Agree with most of what you say Chippy. But I don't think you can call Ole a disgrace.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jones is given one last run out vs Young Boys as a token gesture. But think about it Chippy, it's not his fault he's been injured and we couldn't shift him. And he did turn down a testimonial.

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Agree with most of what you say Chippy. But I don't think you can call Ole a disgrace.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jones is given one last run out vs Young Boys as a token gesture. But think about it Chippy, it's not his fault he's been injured and we couldn't shift him. And he did turn down a testimonial.

Jones cant play in the CL he wasn't registered in the squad, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: David de Gea and Alex Telles good vs Norwich

Man United beat Norwich in the Premier League at Carrow Road and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-norwich-22434776 

am going to say it one more time.... average middle of the table team, boring to watch

Champions League winner 2021/2022 betting odds

Manchester City - 3/1

Bayern Munich - 4/1

Liverpool - 9/2

Chelsea - 8/1

Paris Saint-Germain - 9/1

Ajax - 13/1

Manchester United - 17/1

Real Madrid - 20/1

Juventus - 30/1

Atletico Madrid - 40/1

Inter Milan - 50/1

Villarreal - 150/1

Benfica - 200/1

Lille - 200/1

RB Salzburg - 300/1

Much as it pains me to say it, United look like they've finally made a good decision replacing Ole with Rangnick. I guess even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Should be a decent battle for fourth between Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and maybe even West Ham. The top 3 look like they're in a different league so it's still a long way before titles can be considered but if they get rid of the dead wood (Mata, Matic etc.) and the dancing Twitterati (Pogba, Lingard etc.) and sign some good young players with the right attitude they could maybe have a run at it in the 23-24 season.

3 questions Reds...

Will we sign anyone in January? The Kamara rumours look interesting

Should we sign anyone in January?

The full backs... are Telles and Dalot now first choice, or are AWB and Shaw being eased back from injury slowly? 

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

3 questions Reds...

Will we sign anyone in January? The Kamara rumours look interesting

Should we sign anyone in January?

The full backs... are Telles and Dalot now first choice, or are AWB and Shaw being eased back from injury slowly? 

Anybodies guess if we sign someone in January but Im sure Ralfy has identified the midfield area is weak point like you say the rumours,

I think the main point is getting players out but the biggest stumbling block there is the wages they are on, Martial 250k a week who's going to pay that Saville surely cant afford that.

Right now Telles and Dalot have been the ones performing and it seems like they buy into Rangnicks style of play, maybe the others have been brainwashed with Ole's style and cant adapt I think AWB will find it difficult he was never good going forward maybe next season Ethan Laird can fill that roll one year older had a season out on loan, providing he stays injury free,

I think the Pogba situation will be interesting, from what I can see Ralfy is not impressed with him do United take that contract offer off the table? He could end up with no club willing to pay him,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wouldn't argue with that. Great if Varane is back.

You might be interested to know this, United have had 86 corners this season so far and not scored one goal, so much for that set piece coach Ramsey was his name

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you never get up for a game?

Depends.... If it's a school night my usual habit is to avoid looking at the score and watch the full replay the day after. However, after some time away I came back and found my (6 months old) TV is on the blink.

As no work today I thought I might stay up last night but I ended up bailing and watched the highlights this morning.