BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester United thread 2019

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And it's nothing to do with the ethics of the journalist. The journalist is simply being informed by a trusted source, who will have passed on genuine information in the past.

Otherwise known as facilitation payments. Used to be an ok practice but which are pretty much illegal in most countries. Therefore, not ethical nowadays

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Otherwise known as facilitation payments. Used to be an ok practice but which are pretty much illegal in most countries. Therefore, not ethical nowadays

No mate.... the media source aka 'Mr A' isn't a journalist. He is a trusted, well connected source which the journalist relies upon for information. It is Mr 'A' who would receive the payment and the journalist would have no knowledge of it.

Most of the time the journalist can rely upon his source for genuine info. But it doesn't take much effort to slip in some false info every now and then, especially when rewarded well.

Edited by RickG16

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No mate.... the media source aka 'Mr A' isn't a journalist. He is a trusted, well connected source which the journalist relies upon for information. It is Mr 'A' who would receive the payment and the journalist would have no knowledge of it.

Most of the time the journalist can rely upon his source for genuine info. But it doesn't take much effort to slip in some false info every now and then, especially when rewarded well.

It's all far too much cloak and dagger for my innocent, law abiding, ethical, upstanding member of the community to comprehend 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

It's all far too much cloak and dagger for my innocent, law abiding, ethical, upstanding member of the community to comprehend 😉

Well if these things were simple they would be easy to trace.

What Ole needs is his Duncan Castles. Somebody he can trust to give his side of the story when needed. 

Ole denying talking to the players about this, I would not trust The Sun as a reliable source, 

• Like 1

Pochettino being on the market certainly concentrates the mind of those decision makers who can decide an incumbent's fate. Swoop before someone else (Arsenal?) does?

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Pochettino being on the market certainly concentrates the mind of those decision makers who can decide an incumbent's fate. Swoop before someone else (Arsenal?) does?

I really can't see Poch going to Arsenal. Not directly from Spurs.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He was sacked. He's not doing a Sol Campbell.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

don't underestimate how much City could be manipulating the media

You weren't serious were you (if you were why)?

We'd love OATW to remain in the job as he's doing such a fantastic job 😆

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I can't see Poch wanting to hand back that £12.5m to Levy if he takes a job this season - time to sit at home and polish his managerial trophies...but what's he going to do for the other 23 hrs 57 minutes every day, boom tish 😊

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I knew a "Mr A". His links to clubs was far less tenuous. He was in regular contact with SAF (I was sat with him several times when SAF called him) and Sam Allerdice attended his funeral. The problem is endemic throughout football, certainly the Premier League.

• Thanks 1

After I lot of thought I've decided we should try and win the game on Sunday. Leicester are now the best realistic chance of winning the league, City aren't fit to retain the title. 

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 6:57 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

I can't see Poch wanting to hand back that £12.5m to Levy if he takes a job this season 

It wouldn't be Poch paying the £12.5M back plus the rest

of his backroom staff severence which would be around 

£20M in total.

It would be the club that would want to employ them

paying Levy.

3 hours ago, sotsira said:

It wouldn't be Poch paying the £12.5M back plus the rest

of his backroom staff severence which would be around 

£20M in total.

It would be the club that would want to employ them

paying Levy.

According to reports Poch.s services or contract were terminated (or sacked so to speak )by Levy

Therefore if true  

Totts FC  has to cough up the the money. and Poch is a free agent (Mngr)to any Club who want his services etc etc

Edited by deej

Blimey. What happened to Luke Shaw? Looks like he has been partying with Andy Ruiz. 

• Haha 1