The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I didnt watch the game but Ive just spoken to a couple of friends and they said it was boring at the ground, 

boring is a nice word, I can think of some better ones but mods..... lack of imagination

why Shaw, Maguire again????

43 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

boring is a nice word, I can think of some better ones but mods..... lack of imagination

why Shaw, Maguire again????

Maguire was out injured Phil Jones filled in but bye all accounts had a good game, man of the match even

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Maguire was out injured Phil Jones filled in but bye all accounts had a good game, man of the match even

typo as wanted to refer to Bissaka and for me Sancho shouldn't be there either as for Greenwood same as before selfish, doesn't know when to pass, sometimes waits too long and then teammate is offside, I would prefer Lingard

On 12/30/2021 at 10:05 PM, RickG16 said:

With all due respect Sparkles what has RR achieved with the team (even small signs of encouragement) to suggest he deserves a 3 year contract?

Shown little so far but he's totally changing the style of play and has been lauded by so many football people for his ability to create and improve young players, that doesn't work overnight. If it works he's a genius and if it doesn't he too will be gone.

Poch has been odds on for the last 2 years to be the real deal for MU but what has he won ? Of course he will win his league with PSG this season but that league is a bit of a joke.  My point was really someone has to bring these indivually talented players into a team and the MU Managers job has been a revolving door.

Took Klopp quite a while but eventually the players adapted. Another Manager be it Poch or anyone else its another style of play to adapt to. Its a mess

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Jones the most maligned, abused player, even on this forum, did more than have a good game  he answered the critics in the most resounding way that he is far from finished as a PL footballer.

2 Years out his commitment to play again should be applauded and can only imagine the mental torment he has been through. On that performance he deserves to stay.

However another dreadful display from the team . I can't ever remember a MU team so incapable of stringing  passes together or being so poor getting the ball back, that's not a coaching problem its lack of effort and if you watch Luke Shaw's post match he nailed it "We have to do better as a team" Games are running out and top 4 may be gone and as I predicted a few weeks back even top 6 is under threat. Its seriously depressing to see talented players constantly not performing.

• Like 2

Hi Gents . do any of you have MUTV ?

There are 2 settings to view , One is TV and the other is on demand.

For about a month now I have been unable to watch anything " on demand "

The TV bit works fine , I have been on to MUTV and they say if I can watch the TV , 

I should be able to watch the on demand , anybody else have this problem ?

9 hours ago, NE1 said:

Hi Gents . do any of you have MUTV ?

There are 2 settings to view , One is TV and the other is on demand.

For about a month now I have been unable to watch anything " on demand "

The TV bit works fine , I have been on to MUTV and they say if I can watch the TV , 

I should be able to watch the on demand , anybody else have this problem ?

No problem with mine

On 1/7/2022 at 7:59 AM, ChipButty said:

Howson says it as it is, Nice one lad

Howson can grate a bit sometimes but in this case he is spot on. If they want to go they can leave.

However I lost respect for Howson when he was constantly on Luke Shaw's case and saying Brandon Williams just because he is a family friend of Williams. Look how that ended up

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:54 AM, ChipButty said:

Ed Woodward will leave his role as Manchester United executive vice-chairman on February 1, with Richard Arnold to succeed him as chief executive.

should have been gone long time ago, knows absolutely nothing about football

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Gerrard in his first managerial game against us? Coutinho making his return to English football?

It's almost written in the stars that we're getting dumped out of the cup.

Coutinho had covid so signing wouldn't be completed in time for your game afaik.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's your team Chip Butty?

Shaw and Mct will play as they both miss the next game there is no need to rest Varane so my team is

Henderson

Dalot Varane Jones Shaw

Fernandes Mactom VDB

Greenwood Ronald Sancho

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RickG16 said:

His job isn't to know about football. It's a commercial role. Our mistake has been employing the wrong people who are meant to know about football.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this guy is just a Woodward clone, things stay as they are

Rashford looked he was on another planet yesterday. I wonder if he hates the training sessions under Rangnick?  He was Ole's fanboy number 1. 

Some of the players out there seem to be lacking a football brain.  Especially Rashford and Greenwood, they can run and they know how to score a goal , but trying to pass to their team mates and actually help the team to win is just missing. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Maybe, maybe not. But if this guy is just a Woodward clone, things stay as they are

We need to appoint the right people for sure. Let's hope he takes better advice than Woodward.

What Woodward did commercially shouldn't be forgotten. Before he was even chief exec he was the one who maximised our revenue across the world. We mustn't forget that's our lifeline, because like most clubs, we haven't had a 2 billion quid headstart ????

18 minutes ago, balo said:

Rashford looked he was on another planet yesterday. I wonder if he hates the training sessions under Rangnick?  

I have the same feeling. But it might not be a bad thing. Eventually he / they might hit a mental wall when they realise the only way things will get better is when they adapt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, balo said:

Rashford looked he was on another planet yesterday. I wonder if he hates the training sessions under Rangnick?  He was Ole's fanboy number 1. 

Some of the players out there seem to be lacking a football brain.  Especially Rashford and Greenwood, they can run and they know how to score a goal , but trying to pass to their team mates and actually help the team to win is just missing. 

Have to agree with your post balo, and what surprises me the most is how two very good players like that have suddenly become very average players with no tactical nous at all, and it hasn't just happened, because it started under the reign of OGS!

Aston Villa deserved to win that game, but a United win puts them into the next round, but it won't fix the malaise at the club, and I'm not sure how it does get fixed?

I am somewhat alarmed when I watch United play, because they are eons behind the other top clubs with regards to just about everything that constitutes a good team. 

And although DVB got a run, and not before time, from what little he did, he didn't seem to be very fit?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Have to agree with your post balo, and what surprises me the most is how two very good players like that have suddenly become very average players with no tactical nous at all, and it hasn't just happened, because it started under the reign of OGS!

Aston Villa deserved to win that game, but a United win puts them into the next round, but it won't fix the malaise at the club, and I'm not sure how it does get fixed?

I am somewhat alarmed when I watch United play, because they are eons behind the other top clubs with regards to just about everything that constitutes a good team. 

And although DVB got a run, and not before time, from what little he did, he didn't seem to be very fit?

Word on the streets of Moss Side he couldn't last 90 minutes