The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 1/11/2022 at 6:48 AM, ChipButty said:

Man United beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup third round

ManUre didn't beat the Villa, the Villa lost to ManUre. I hope the Villa make better use of their opportunities in front of goal on Saturday.

UTV

• Like 2

12 hours ago, balo said:

Rashford looked he was on another planet yesterday. I wonder if he hates the training sessions under Rangnick?  He was Ole's fanboy number 1. 

Some of the players out there seem to be lacking a football brain.  Especially Rashford and Greenwood, they can run and they know how to score a goal , but trying to pass to their team mates and actually help the team to win is just missing. 

agree but you forgot to mention Shaw, Bissaka, Maguire and even Sancho hasn't done anything

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

3 of those players weren't on the pitch ???? and the other one had quite a good game

was not commenting on or who was on the game, comment was oriented towards their overall performance as @balo said Some of the players out there seem to be lacking a football brain.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

Newcastle buying Wood from Burnley is an indication they ain't gonna be in the market for the likes of Rashford.

Buying one of your relegation rivals best players could turn out to be a nice bit shrewd business. On the other hand, he hasn't been scoring much and where Burnley may not have intended to buy anyone, this may force their hand and they could find a gem

I think we should organise a drinking game for this one, might as well have a bit of craic watching this <deleted>.

Take a drink everytime a Man Utd player fails at a simple pass.

Take a drink everytime Aston Villa effortlessly break through Man Utd's midfield.

Take a drink everytime de Gea touches the ball, goal kicks count.

Be <deleted> before halftime.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I think we should organise a drinking game for this one, might as well have a bit of craic watching this <deleted>.

Take a drink everytime a Man Utd player fails at a simple pass.

Take a drink everytime Aston Villa effortlessly break through Man Utd's midfield.

Take a drink everytime de Gea touches the ball, goal kicks count.

Be <deleted> before halftime.

I'm in if you're buying! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anthony Martial refused to be selected in Manchester United squad at Aston Villa

Anthony Martial's Man United career appears to be all but over after he rejected the chance to return to the matchday squad.

"Yes, he didn't want to be in the squad," Rangnick said. "He would have been in the squad normally but he didn't want to and that was the reason why he didn't travel with us yesterday."

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know what to make of this just yet, but I cant see RR lying about it and there was a place on the bench as United only had 8 sub's 

0_Screenshot-2022-01-16-002556.jpg

there are always 2 versions  555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know what to make of this just yet, but I cant see RR lying about it and there was a place on the bench as United only had 8 sub's 

0_Screenshot-2022-01-16-002556.jpg

I'm inclined to believe Ralf. That sounds like something Martial's agent has put out when it looks like he's downed tools.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That's how I want my striker to react when being taken off after 70 mins, and that's how I want my manager to deal with it.

Nothing to see here.

Apparently he didn't even celebrate your third goal. That's not how I'd like a player of a TEAM to act. A team is more than one player

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently he didn't even celebrate your third goal. That's not how I'd like a player of a TEAM to act. A team is more than one player

He was already on the bench. Players on the bench generally don't jump about and celebrate unless it's a really important goal.