BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester United thread 2019

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

James and Williams both so talented but both find it hard to get through a match without ridiculous dives. Crazy baby, just crazy.

Come off it Burnley was fouling them both all game only way to stop them,  And Merseyside Mike was letting them get away with it,  Even booked Williams for getting tackled. 

Williams had a cracking game and a excellent  young talent I have mated who know his Dad a big red family and his Dad is over the moon seeing his son play for United. 

On 12/26/2019 at 11:48 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

EMsYMDPXsAEdkf5.jpeg

Doing that to your own son it's  only a bloody game lad. 

I know you are obsessed with united maybe ruined your life no wonder you are so bitter. 

2 hours ago, nev said:

Come off it Burnley was fouling them both all game only way to stop them,  And Merseyside Mike was letting them get away with it,  Even booked Williams for getting tackled. 

Williams had a cracking game and a excellent  young talent I have mated who know his Dad a big red family and his Dad is over the moon seeing his son play for United. 

Where have you been Nev? I thought you had been kidnapped by kangaroos!

Yeah, Burnley can get under your skin, I agree. But , still no excuse for diving, particularly that last NASA take off by Williams. He was a moon shot!:tongue:

14 hours ago, wilai said:

Haaland off to BVB....must be a blow to OGS

Wonder what happened there. For a young player (who I think was brought up in England) to turn down the once mighty United for a German club is quite a statement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wonder what happened there. For a young player (who I think was brought up in England) to turn down the once mighty United for a German club is quite a statement

His old man still quite rightly remembers Keane being a red.

19 hours ago, nev said:

Doing that to your own son it's  only a bloody game lad. 

I know you are obsessed with united maybe ruined your life no wonder you are so bitter. 

Think i"d best put 'WARNING - JOKE' before such posts in future.

(As if I'd allow a red rag in my house)

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

United reportedly offered him a better deal as well! No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

For what it's worth, I prefer Greenwood anyway, and he is over a year younger than Haaland

On 12/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, wilai said:

United reportedly offered him a better deal as well! No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

For what it's worth, I prefer Greenwood anyway, and he is over a year younger than Haaland

It's not really that hard to figure out. Austria where he has been playing is a German speaking country. It will be an easier progression for him there, and he still has plenty of time to sign for one of the big big clubs should he perform in the Bundesliga (Dortmund have a record of being a willing selling club).

Same reason why hot Brazilian prospects from South America can go to Portugal as a 'soft landing' before going to big clubs.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:45 AM, wilai said:

No doubt there will be excuses trotted out given that Raiola is his agent but Haaland was quoted yesterday as stating once BVB were involved his mind was made up.

Raiola has just done a deal to represent Jessie Lingard. Makes me wonder where he's going.

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Raiola has just done a deal to represent Jessie Lingard. Makes me wonder where he's going.

Offered to AC Milan apparently.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Offered to AC Milan apparently.

That would be a great move for Jessie and I'd be happy for him.

He also isn't the worst squad player to have on the books. People seem to forget the kind of Lingard quality players who were chipping in with contributions on our way to success in the early 90s. Brian McClair etc. 

Even so, the end of the season could be a good time for him to leave, unless he can hit a hot streak of form very quickly. 

The first time United had conceded three goals in the first half at Old Trafford in nearly 23 years.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The first time United had conceded three goals in the first half at Old Trafford in nearly 23 years.

Hmmm so the last time was circa 1997........ Real Madrid maybe?