The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I forgot to mention to you the other night when United played Brentford it was also the anniversary the death of Sir Matt how he played a part in building the youth system how ironic that 3 academy players scored that night

These are the things that matter in football. Not how comfy the seats are.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

What are you talking about? Lots of fans and a great atmosphere is what football is all about. 

Oh dear. A post of a truly deluded, desperado trying to convince himself that actually winning games and trophies no longer matters. Just how many fans you have and how loud they shout. I wonder Rick, will you get a trophy for have all those stadium tourists singing songs they only learned the day before they got the train up north ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

actually winning games and trophies no longer matters. Just how many fans you have and how loud they shout.

I never said that. 

You were slagging off OT because it's "crumbling", I expect you were referring to the leaky roof. I said that in terms of stadiums, the atmosphere and the fans are what I think is important, not the standard of the facilities. 

Stay on track will you. 

45 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I never said that. 

You were slagging off OT because it's "crumbling", I expect you were referring to the leaky roof. I said that in terms of stadiums, the atmosphere and the fans are what I think is important, not the standard of the facilities. 

Stay on track will you. 

Go back a little Rick. Firstly, we were talking about Alvarez. You responded to Wilai asking why would Alvarez want to join City. I responded that he'd probably like to win something. You then go off at a tangent and mention crowds and your stadium and I responded to that. I didn't bring the subject of crowds or the stadium up. Stay on track will you ????

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Go back a little Rick. Firstly, we were talking about Alvarez. You responded to Wilai asking why would Alvarez want to join City. I responded that he'd probably like to win something. You then go off at a tangent and mention crowds and your stadium and I responded to that. I didn't bring the subject of crowds or the stadium up. Stay on track will you ????

You described OT as a crumbling colloseum or something like that. That's what I'm responding too. If you don't want to talk about that then go back and edit your post.

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You described OT as a crumbling colloseum or something like that. That's what I'm responding too. If you don't want to talk about that then go back and edit your post.

Go back and read the thread. I'm responding to you telling me to stay on track, when it was YOU who brought up the subject of the stadium

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Go back and read the thread. I'm responding to you telling me to stay on track, when it was YOU who brought up the subject of the stadium

Yes.... I think that a young footballer watching 'a cathedral' of European football packed to the rafters and bouncing after a last minute winner is that kind of thing that could inspire them to play for that club.

51 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United's entire line-up of players who could leave in summer transfer window

Man United could see a summer of mass change this year with plenty of players likely to depart.

0_sold-xiPNG.png

@RickG16 surely this cannot be right. All these players wanting to leave United and the ever so important adulation of 76,000 screaming fans ????

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

@RickG16 surely this cannot be right. All these players wanting to leave United and the ever so important adulation of 76,000 screaming fans ????

I think it's more a case of leaving cos they aren't getting a new contract, or they aren't playing.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:44 PM, mrbojangles said:

Firstly, we were talking about Alvarez. You responded to Wilai asking why would Alvarez want to join City. I responded that he'd probably like to win something.

Whatever his reasons he is defo going to Citeh. Loaned back to River for the remainder of this season.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Whatever his reasons he is defo going to Citeh. Loaned back to River for the remainder of this season.

So he should! A Spaniard will probably fit in better at a Spanish speaking club. Does he speak Catalan though?

Edit.. Argentinian... I can see Mr Boj lurking on the thread.... Hope he's calmed down today. 

Edited by RickG16

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So he should! A Spaniard will probably fit in better at a Spanish speaking club. Does he speak Catalan though?

So now you say "he should' whereas only the other day you were saying "why would he" sign for City. The amount of back tracking you do is pretty high for anyone's standards Rick

As for the Spanish bit. It's not the first time you've come up with that. What's your problem with Spanish? You have some you know, as well as other nationalities. United and City have the same amount of English players in our squad's and that's including your 3 all-so-ran goalkeepers (Henderson, Grant, Heaton). I really fail to see what point you are trying to make.

BTW. The Argies speak Spanish

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

So now you say "he should' whereas only the other day you were saying "why would he" sign for City. The amount of back tracking you do is pretty high for anyone's standards Rick

As for the Spanish bit. It's not the first time you've come up with that. What's your problem with Spanish? You have some you know, as well as other nationalities. United and City have the same amount of English players in our squad's and that's including your 3 all-so-ran goalkeepers (Henderson, Grant, Heaton). I really fail to see what point you are trying to make.

BTW. The Argies speak Spanish

You're probably right.

So how's retirement? Seems you have more time to enjoy the chat on Thaivisa these days... ????

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You're probably right.

So how's retirement? Seems you have more time to enjoy the chat on Thaivisa these days... ????

Depends where I am. If I'm up at our house in the boonies I'm always busy. But in term time when my daughter is in school and not on line learning I'm in Patters and have more time

1 minute ago, champers said:

I'm sat on the beach waiting for you.

No decent pies here but Warbies crumpets for brekky today.

20220126_131937-1.jpg

All the best birds are walking about near the beach I'm told.....

Are you sure on the pies? There's a homemade pie place in Pattaya that actually delivers to here

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

All the best birds are walking about near the beach I'm told.....

Are you sure on the pies? There's a homemade pie place in Pattaya that actually delivers to here

Whose pies are those? The best Thai made pies I have had in Pattaya are Lady Pies made by an Aussie lady in Phuket.

Pukka Pies are available at Central Food Hall (Tops). They only ever seem to have Chicken & Mushroom or Chicken Balti.

My best bird will be joining me on the beach shortly. Plenty in the bars on Beach Road now. The ones on the prom tend to come out after sundown. They look better in the dark.

VDB to Crystal Palace

Lingard to Newcastle 

Martial to Sevilla

One of these loans has already gone through.

Can you see us getting all of these done? And would it leave us a little thin on the ground? Personally I think we need to make a bit of space and would be good to see the likes of Diallo see the light of day.