Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Manchester United thread 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Hmmm so the last time was circa 1997........ Real Madrid

Not exactly. May 1997 against Middlesbrough, a game which featured Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not exactly. May 1997 against Middlesbrough, a game which featured Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

 

Ah. I think I have vague recollections of that. We won the title that year so who cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media excelling itself today. Win and a club is great. Lose and its a crisis. Doesn't matter who you are.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The media excelling itself today. Win and a club is great. Lose and its a crisis. Doesn't matter who you are.

No grasp of the bigger picture... or that it is impossible for everyone to do well at once! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Im guessing this red sums up nicely what you are all feeling these past 6 years or more 😅

 

https://talksport.com/football/652633/man-utd-man-city-andy-goldstein-emotional-rant-angry-upset/

Oh... you mean the cockney Red on TalkSport. I don't mind Andy Goldstein but I'll give it a miss....

 

No one supporter can sum up what the whole fan base feels. There are many different viewpoints. And as I say, some can see the bigger picture better than others.

 

Don't get too giddy. I'm sure most fans on either side would have taken the league win over a win in the Carabao Cup. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Oh... you mean the cockney Red on TalkSport. I don't mind Andy Goldstein but I'll give it a miss....

 

No one supporter can sum up what the whole fan base feels. There are many different viewpoints. And as I say, some can see the bigger picture better than others.

 

Don't get too giddy. I'm sure most fans on either side would have taken the league win over a win in the Carabao Cup. 

 

 

No more giddy than you reds a month back but this time it's still all to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No more giddy than you reds a month back but this time it's still all to play for.

But it's interesting how the context you always refer back to is how we've done over the past 6 years. We are always your reference point.

 

Small time written all over you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But it's interesting how the context you always refer back to is how we've done over the past 6 years. We are always your reference point.

 

Small time written all over you.

That would be because we've just had the Manchester-Stretford derby, and in the past 6 years we've had the upper hand and for years we had to take it when the roles were reversed. In a discussion on the derby, ofcourse ManU are always a reference point, who else could it be (OUR derby will ALWAYS be against YOU lot 😅)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That would be because we've just had the Manchester-Stretford derby, and in the past 6 years we've had the upper hand and for years we had to take it when the roles were reversed. In a discussion on the derby, ofcourse ManU are always a reference point, who else could it be (OUR derby will ALWAYS be against YOU lot 😅)

Couldn't care less about any of that. When we beat you I was just happy for the 3 points. The reason why the discussion rumbled on was because your fans are sub standard human beings and couldn't behave themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday i was flabbergasted to learn that Jones and Smalling have had their contracts  extended.😂

With the war cry being 

Patient and several Summer T/F windows needed to Turn this mess around .Find the above signings rather amusing

🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Couldn't care less about any of that. When we beat you I was just happy for the 3 points. The reason why the discussion rumbled on was because your fans are sub standard human beings and couldn't behave themselves. 

Get off your highhorse! 

 

Do you really think for one second that one club's fans are better or worse than another's? Fans are indicative of the human race with some good, some bad and some <deleted>. You even seem to be looking down on cockney reds now. For what it's worth i thought his rant was spot on, needed saying and is no doubt what the majority of ManU fans are thinking / feeling during these hard times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in time OGS has a better win percentage at Cardiff 30% as apposed to 27% at United

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Get off your highhorse! 

 

Do you really think for one second that one club's fans are better or worse than another's? Fans are indicative of the human race with some good, some bad and some <deleted>. You even seem to be looking down on cockney reds now. For what it's worth i thought his rant was spot on, needed saying and is no doubt what the majority of ManU fans are thinking / feeling during these hard times.

Thats not true though is it. Some clubs' fans have proved over the years that they are patently worse than others. Your's seem to have joined this group.

 

And I'm afraid a city fan can't designate a United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Doesn't work like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Thats not true though is it. Some clubs' fans have proved over the years that they are patently worse than others. Your's seem to have joined this group.

 

And I'm afraid a city fan can't designate a United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Doesn't work like that.

Course it's true, it's just a matter of quantities. All clubs have great fans, some more than others. All clubs have nutters, racists, hooligans, some more than others. Applies to all walks of life: go in a pub, restaurant, church it will apply. 

 

I never designated any 

United fan to speak for the whole fan base. Instead of being vague why don't you discuss what he said, what you agree with, disagree with, why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...