The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

49 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

VDB to Crystal Palace

Lingard to Newcastle 

Martial to Sevilla

One of these loans has already gone through.

Can you see us getting all of these done? And would it leave us a little thin on the ground? Personally I think we need to make a bit of space and would be good to see the likes of Diallo see the light of day.

I'd be amazed if Newcastle pay the alleged fee United want for Lingard

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'd be amazed if Newcastle pay the alleged fee United want for Lingard

It's not like they can't afford it. 

All of these negotiations will drag on til deadline day I think. Nobody wants to give an inch. 

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's not like they can't afford it. 

Affording it is not the issue. I've dealt with Saudi's for years and they're no fools. They are a nation built on trading and MBS particularly hardnosed. Yes, I have no doubt they know they'll be paying premium's to get players for a relegation fight but they will not be taken the pish out of. Losing face is as big in Saudi as it is in Thailand. As I say, I'd be amazed if they pay the amounts currently being banded around. I reckon the loan would only happen if United be more realistic

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Affording it is not the issue. I've dealt with Saudi's for years and they're no fools. They are a nation built on trading and MBS particularly hardnosed. Yes, I have no doubt they know they'll be paying premium's to get players for a relegation fight but they will not be taken the pish out of. Losing face is as big in Saudi as it is in Thailand. As I say, I'd be amazed if they pay the amounts currently being banded around. I reckon the loan would only happen if United be more realistic

We don't want to look like fools either. I expect we'll meet somewhere in the middle closer to deadline day

Three players who would improve Manchester United's midfield in the summer

Youri Tielemans (Leicester City)

Youri Tielemans is regarded as one of the best central midfielders in the country at the moment. He's proven in the Premier League and also has experience playing in Europe's biggest tournaments.

Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Declan Rice is one of United's top targets, and that is no surprise once recognising his evolution at West Ham United over the course of the past 18 months.

Aurélien Tchouaméni (AS Monaco)

Aurelien Tchouameni is arguably the biggest talent at AS Monaco. His 22nd birthday was on Thursday and he's a regular starter for the French outfit, having featured in all but three of his team's last 60 matches in Ligue 1 dating back to the beginning of last season. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If he plays then yeah

He's played only twice for the Under-23s since returning from injury, playing the full games against Tottenham and Leeds. He scored twice and set up another goal in the second of those fixtures

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

We don't want to look like fools either. I expect we'll meet somewhere in the middle closer to deadline day

Loaning him to Newcastle at the same price you did to West Ham won't make you look like fools but now including add ons you want Newcastle to fork out about £1m per week.........for Lingard ????

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Loaning him to Newcastle at the same price you did to West Ham won't make you look like fools but now including add ons you want Newcastle to fork out about £1m per week.........for Lingard ????

If they stay up.

In terms of a loan deal for a proven PL performer (and recently proven to make an impact on loan) he's probably the best available. And the fact is everyone knows the Saudis are swimming in money. But I agree, can expect them to play hardball a bit.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

PSG 'in talks' with Marcus Rashford and more Manchester United transfer rumours

The latest transfer rumours involving Manchester United as PSG hold talks with Marcus Rashford.

A question for you ChipButty, as you seem to be in the know about these things, however I would love to hear from anybody else who has an answer to my question: – why did United sign DVB and never give him a chance??

There were rumours that he was signed without OGS involvement, however that would seem to be unlikely being that the manager would have the last say over what players are signed?

Such a shame for the player because he was well fêted by the press when he played for Ajax and of course he was a Dutch international has – so what happened? 

35 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A question for you ChipButty, as you seem to be in the know about these things, however I would love to hear from anybody else who has an answer to my question: – why did United sign DVB and never give him a chance??

There were rumours that he was signed without OGS involvement, however that would seem to be unlikely being that the manager would have the last say over what players are signed?

Such a shame for the player because he was well fêted by the press when he played for Ajax and of course he was a Dutch international has – so what happened? 

Nobody is saying a word about DVB I also get the feeling Ole had nothing to do with this transfer, Carrick for the few games in charge would have been well placed to play him or not, so between Ole Carrick and RR he cant get a game, I was hoping he could get a loan move to CP then we could see if he can hack it in the PL but that deal is being done by his future father in law Dennis Berkamp big mates with Viera..

I the only thing I was ever told was he is not fit enough to last 90 minutes,

I did think he would have been a Rangnick type of player obviously not,

Sorry thats the best I can come up with, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

For all we know he could be <deleted> in training

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Sorry bud. It might not be related to VDB but it is related to OGS so it can stay. 

If what is said on Twitter about OGS and his friend, is anywhere near the truth, then it stinks to high heaven, but it would explain why OGS signed so many duds!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Mods! Can we have this deleted please.... Clearly got nothing to do with VDB 

Mate this isn't flaming, it doesn't question anything about your club, nor slander it. It's a very interesting and credible story though. Surely you've read more about this from your own credible fans, they've commented. 

As Xylophone mentioned it makes sense. 

Edited by BangrakBob

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

If what is said on Twitter about OGS and his friend, is anywhere near the truth, then it stinks to high heaven, but it would explain why OGS signed it so many duds!

I did have a look and the tweet is from a Man U supporter.

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Mate this isn't flaming, it doesn't question anything about your club, nor slander it. It's a very interesting and credible story though. Surely you've read more about this from your own credible fans, they've commented. 

As Xylophone mentioned it makes sense. 

It's not flaming but whoever wrote that article could have a libel case arriving at their door.... 2 biggest crooks in football? There's some serious competition there don't you think?

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's not flaming but whoever wrote that article could have a libel case arriving at their door.... 2 biggest crooks in football? There's some serious competition there don't you think?

Yeah ok, but go through the thread and it is credible. I totally agree there is some serious competition. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Rashford to PSG in the summer possible apparently

IMO we can only keep 3 of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Elanga and Sancho realistically

I'd be happy for the first 2 of those players to go

I'd look at Greenwood as well bud. If pics and audio  are to be believed he has beaten up is girlfriend! and forced her to have sex. Might get a transfer to Strangeways!

23 minutes ago, wilai said:

I'd look at Greenwood as well bud. If pics and audio  are to be believed he has beaten up is girlfriend! and forced her to have sex. Might get a transfer to Strangeways!

Not looking good. Disgusting if true. Let's wait to see if he really did do that and if that recording is really him. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not looking good. Disgusting if true. Let's wait to see if he really did do that and if that recording is really him. 

No hint of denials as yet...If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck....then you know the rest!

• Like 1