The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It can't be considered a first xi with that many players missing.

Who was missing apart from Mane and Salah? As for AfCoN 2017 making the difference, Salah was still at Roma at the time. So which first XI are you talking about. You've still lost me????

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Who was missing apart from Mane and Salah? As for AfCoN 2017 making the difference, Salah was still at Roma at the time. So which first XI are you talking about. You've still lost me????

AFCON 2017??????????

Now you've lost me.

I'm trying to finish some work lad. 

My main point is that we will be back bigger and stronger...... Remember our gaffer is the one who taught your Jurgen what's what. Only he is a humble guy without the attitude and constant touchline drama. 

Ralf's Red Army! 

????????????????????

BTW Wilai who is your tip to win AFCON? I caught a bit of Egypt vs Morocco. Not bad game. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

My main point is that we will be back bigger and stronger...... Remember our gaffer is the one who taught your Jurgen what's what

Load of rubbish mate...they were mates that's all. All RR did was tell JK how much money to ask for when he took over at Mainz???? As for bigger and stronger! At the moment it would be tough to get much weaker despite the amount of dosh you've spent over the last few years.

As for AfCoN, I think Senegal have the strongest team, but many games have been close and Cameroon have home advantage. Unless Mo turns it on, I think its between those two.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wait a minute.... Are suggesting that Ralf isn't the Godfather of Gengenpressing?

I'm pretty sure that he admitted that he picked up the Gegen from Kyiv. As for JK, his mentors were Sacchi and a fellow german called Wolfgang Frank.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that he admitted that he picked up the Gegen from Kyiv. As for JK, his mentors were Sacchi and a fellow german called Wolfgang Frank.

Plenty of stuff out there that says Ralf was also Klopp's mentor.....

Anyway, kudos for the knowledge, you know your stuff (if I ignore that time you tried to convince me that Adam Lallana was a good player). 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Plenty of stuff out there that says Ralf was also Klopp's mentor.....

Anyway, kudos for the knowledge, you know your stuff (if I ignore that time you tried to convince me that Adam Lallana was a good player). 

Cheers but don't place too much store on everything you read. What makes a good story or anecdote isn't always the true picture. And Lallana is still doing his bit in the Premier League.....Like Coutinho, he ain't bad!????

17 minutes ago, wilai said:

he ain't bad!????

Sure, he's a better player than me. But in terms of PL / European level... not for me. But let's ignore the downward trajectory his career has been on since you made your stand. Because there's no way you could have made a bad call.... you've never admitted you got something wrong in the whole time I've been on here!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

you've never admitted you got something wrong in the whole time I've been on here!

Don't recall ever being proved wrong either????...You are of course welcome to find an instance.....maybe Coutinho will be your salvation????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Don't recall ever being proved wrong either????...You are of course welcome to find an instance.....maybe Coutinho will be your salvation????

To be honest mate you are showing yourself to be patronising, a little arrogant and deluded. Apart from that I've always said you're a nice chap. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

To be honest mate you are showing yourself to be patronising, a little arrogant and deluded. Apart from that I've always said you're a nice chap. 

Resorting to name calling now. Last bastion of someone who gets called out for talking rubbish????

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

Resorting to name calling now. Last bastion of someone who gets called out for talking rubbish????

Not called you a single name. It's just how I'd sum up anyone that says with a straight (online) face that they are never wrong.

Lallana never made the grade at Liverpool, wasn't England quality and has been bang average for Brighton. A quick look at his stats confirms that, but unlike you I won't ram them down your throat, cos I realise we don't know how a player's career will pan out.

I genuinely thought Ighalo had the potential to be world class and told friends as much! Was happy to take my licks for that one. Because I realise everyone gets it wrong sometimes

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Lallana never made the grade at Liverpool, wasn't England quality

Of course he made the grade at LFC, otherwise he wouldn't have played for us. And as he was voted the England Player of the Year in Jan 2017, it goes without saying that fans of the National team rated him as well. Other than for the fact he scored for us against your shower, your slagging him off is baseless....similar to Coutinho in fact????

Perhaps you should put me on ignore then you won't have to read my 'deluded' fantasies. Otherwise, suck it up.????

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:
On 9/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, RickG16 said:

Sorry sorry I forgot... Foden is the father in a long term relationship.

Hope that little rat stays away from our players, don't want them mixing with his sort.

Remembered this post from when Greenwood and Foden where with the England squad in Iceland

Yep...that one aged well didn't it!????

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wilai said:

Of course he made the grade at LFC, otherwise he wouldn't have played for us. 

Absolute rubbish! So Massimo Taibi and Djemba Djemba made the grade at United then?

That's not what making the grade means.

Debating skills of an adolescent!

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Absolute rubbish! So Massimo Taibi and Djemba Djemba made the grade at United then?

That's not what making the grade means.

Debating skills of an adolescent!

Still abusing eh......but it is your own debating skills that leave much to be desired. DD and Taibi???? I doubt they made more than 50 apps between them. Lallana made nearly 180 apps for us and scored/assisted almost 50 goals. So yes, AL made the grade. You are just making yourself look very silly now.????

Still abusing eh......but it is your own debating skills that leave much to be desired. DD and Taibi???? I doubt they made more than 50 apps between them. Lallana made nearly 180 apps for us and scored/assisted almost 50 goals. So yes, AL made the grade. You are just making yourself look very silly now.????

It's not a comparison between DD etc and Lallana. You said just playing for a club means you make the grade.

And in no way have I abused you or called you names mate. If this is abuse I wonder what you made of language on the terraces?;

Have a good day chaps ✌️

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And in no way have I abused you or called you names mate. If this is abuse I wonder what you made of language on the terraces?;

Any form of name calling or insults can be construed as abusive but it doesn't bother me,

I said Lallana made the grade at LFC and stand by that. The stats I've already given above prove that. JK also rated him highly so that is good enough for me. He also won 30 odd caps for his national team so presumably he impressed National managers as well. It was you who tried comparing him to a pair of no hopers.

You've lost this one bud. ????

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You too hun 

giphy.gif

<deleted>... We've had some bad seasons recently but that must have been one of the worst

I actually saw a couple of United v scousers highlights  recently from the era of Liverpool dominance in the 80s. Great games. I remember older United fans saying we were frustrating in that era cos we were <deleted> a lot of the time but used to turn up for Liverpool games. They were very even... Robbo, Whiteside and even Gordon Strachan looked class. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

<deleted>... We've had some bad seasons recently but that must have been one of the worst

I actually saw a couple of United v scousers highlights  recently from the era of Liverpool dominance in the 80s. Great games. I remember older United fans saying we were frustrating in that era cos we were <deleted> a lot of the time but used to turn up for Liverpool games. They were very even... Robbo, Whiteside and even Gordon Strachan looked class. 

Yeah it's always been the case really, aside the odd flogging. 

Some of our only joy in the last 30 years the odd win against a top team, United was special. Watching our best players leave to our top rivals, watching targets get continuously scooped up by other sides, even <deleted> Spurs and finishing outside the top 4 again and again????‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Jadon Sancho and Paul Pogba good vs Middlesbrough

Man United lost to Middlesbrough in the FA Cup fourth round at Old Trafford in the penalty shootout and here are how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-middlesbrough-22994987