The official Manchester United thread 2019

Where are these loyal lads, has the optimism truely waned....

This quote aged best:

Giggs: We would never collapse like Liverpool

United winger reckons the successful foundations laid by Sir Alex Ferguson would save the club from a similar demise

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How good is the Maguire, Lindelof pairing....    

Had a scandinavian feel about it this match. Ole is Norwegian  Lindelof Swedish Ericsson Danish Spurs can't Finnish.

Ole's at the wheel

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Still in hiding then 😆

Amazing how many bottlers there are on these forums who go in hiding when they fall on hard times. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Amazing how many bottlers there are on these forums who go in hiding when they fall on hard times. 

So true. Remember when the Spurs fans used to be all over the footie forum 😊

On 1/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, BangrakBob said:

Where are these loyal lads, has the optimism truely waned....

Because remember lads.... your loyalty as a football fan is directly linked to your Thai Visa Football Forum post count... 🤔

I might be back when there's more Reds to talk to. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

perhaps three or four new players are needed and offloading of some old stock will help.

Spot on, we need to stick with the process, and there is a lot more of the process to go. You don't have a complete squad clear out and expect no impact on results, especially with injury / absences of your best players. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well I am a United supporter I have been for most of my life, and occasionally I have posted on here, but I'm a realist and I'm also a football fan, so I have to say that Liverpool are currently playing some of the best football I've seen in many years, and I admire that.

Unfortunately there hasn't been too much to talk about of late, because United's performances, in my opinion, fall well short of those to which I and many other supporters are used to, however that doesn't mean to say we don't support them, just that there's not a lot to say?

I did voice my opinion early on in the piece, that I didn't think that OGS was the right choice, that Sanchez was a poor buy, and I also said that a clear out was needed, yet despite all of those comments I still support the team and endeavour to watch all of their matches on whichever medium I can here in Thailand.

A good friend of mine who is a Liverpool supporter and who delights in telephoning me when Liverpool have won and United have lost, wants a to get reaction from me and is most disappointed when he doesn't, and even more so when I simply say that United are going through a bad patch and it's now Liverpool's turn in the sun, and that happens with many teams.

In summary, I can't see them doing much with the current side they've got and I'm not even sure that Pogba, if and when fit, will make that much of a difference, perhaps three or four new players are needed and offloading of some old stock will help.

Ditto to your comments.I too have been a life long supporter of United, through the good and bad times. I don't see the point of coming on here and repeating the same thoughts over and over.I said months ago it was at least a 2 more summer window project,that opinion won't change

From day one there has been a horrendous run of injuries (Dalot, Tueznabe, Bailly, Fosu Mensah) haven't played more than 1/2 dozen games between and losing Rashford, Pogba and Mc tominay is the icing on the cake. Players have performed poorly at times but getting players out and new ones in is no longer easy

Then you have the lack of vision & leadership in the boardroom,all things totally out of our control. As a Man United supporter you get used to the "hate" factor from some on this forum and the media who come out of the woodwork salivating.

United currently sit in 5th place with an outside chance of top 4. Contrast that with Arsenal, another of the so called big clubs, they sit in 10th place but hardly a word is said.

On this forum you will have to go back to December 4 to even find a post regarding Arsenal's fortunes.

I'm not into rubbishing other players/clubs and never have been. Unless its real humour I find it childish and a waste of space but I guess that makes me not suited to football forums.

Possibly I'm not the only one either.This forum once was quite vibrant with people who had obviously been a long time in the game in one way or another, but its almost in intensive care now,ask yourself why ?

• Like 2

Well a trip to Tranmere Rovers tonight.What a dream draw for them and playing on their own sand pit.Don't agree with OGS that its the same for both sides.If you are used to playing on pristine surfaces its a big adjustment that Tranmere have already experienced,just hope the tides out.

Should Tranmere nick a win good luck to them that's what the FA Cup is all about but please no more replays next season

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This forum once was quite vibrant with people who had obviously been a long time in the game in one way or another, but its almost in intensive care now,ask yourself why ?

Intensive care.... or psychiatric ward more appropriate? 🤣 I can imagine BB and Kadilo shuffling around in their slippers late at night wild-eyed, passing notes containing the latest Solskjaer stats under each other's doors.

Edited by RickG16
36 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Well a trip to Tranmere Rovers tonight.What a dream draw for them and playing on their own sand pit.Don't agree with OGS that its the same for both sides.If you are used to playing on pristine surfaces its a big adjustment that Tranmere have already experienced,just hope the tides out.

Should Tranmere nick a win good luck to them that's what the FA Cup is all about but please no more replays next season

Let's respect them but not show them any mercy. It's a Merseyside club, let's stamp them into the dirt and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Intensive care.... or psychiatric ward more appropriate? 🤣 I can imagine BB and Kadilo shuffling around in their slippers late at night wild-eyed, passing notes containing the latest Solskjaer stats under each other's doors.

Welcome back RTD

At least he was right about the lack of humour. 

Process 😀😀

They need to stick with that young prospect Jones at the back. He could come good. 

Not forgetting the “young Roy Keane” 😂

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1