The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would anyone tell you anything about huge transfer littys.

L is next to K and my thumbs are too big. So now we've established that it was obviously transfer kitty that I meant, what do you think is the size of the transfer kitty?

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

L is next to K and my thumbs are too big. So now we've established that it was obviously transfer kitty that I meant, what do you think is the size of the transfer kitty?

A lot of money. And we'll also have loads of players coming off the wage bill. 

We aren't going to close the gap overnight. I predict now that there will be times next season when people are calling for Ten Hag's head and it will be up to the board to stay strong. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

I don't have any inside information. I expect a lot will depend on how many players we can ship out, and which players become available. 

I didn't see the game, but I was surprised to see that Phil Jones started, yet he came off before half-time I think, so to get back on the football track, does anybody know if he was injured or if he was just so "rusty" as to be not fit for purpose, so to speak.

For his own good, and for the good of MU, he would have to be one who would be let go I would imagine.

16 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I didn't see the game, but I was surprised to see that Phil Jones started, yet he came off before half-time I think, so to get back on the football track, does anybody know if he was injured or if he was just so "rusty" as to be not fit for purpose, so to speak.

For his own good, and for the good of MU, he would have to be one who would be let go I would imagine.

Seemed very odd to just throw him in without any match fitness I agree.

To be honest if we get rid of all the players who could / should leave we are talking about 15-20 players. I think it's just a fact of life that they'll be some players still there next season who people thought should leave.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Seemed very odd to just throw him in without any match fitness I agree.

To be honest if we get rid of all the players who could / should leave we are talking about 15-20 players. I think it's just a fact of life that they'll be some players still there next season who people thought should leave.

Didn't Phil Jones only sign a 4 year deal last year? He'll stay put and warm the bench rather than leave. How many more are still on nice contracts?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't Phil Jones only sign a 4 year deal last year? He'll stay put and warm the bench rather than leave. How many more are still on nice contracts?

He did sign a 4 year deal I think but it wasn't that recent. I might be wrong.

I think any character assasinations (by United or non-United fans) of Jones are unfair. It's not his fault he a) has a bad injury record or b) got offered a new contract. He turned down a testimonial that would have netted him millions. He wont be the first or last player to pick up a salary for not doing much, but I think we can agree that isn't it out of choice. 

22 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

what do you think is the size of the transfer kitty?

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

A lot of money. And we'll also have loads of players coming off the wage bill. 

Just read on TalkSport that he's only getting 120 mil. That isn't going to get you much nowadays

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just read on TalkSport that he's only getting 120 mil. That isn't going to get you much nowadays

sounds familiar, MU blowing up hot air balloons.... promises to Van Gaal, Mourinho, Moyes etc.,  and nothing happened,  Ole was given some extra cash but no results, whatever he did was built on the job of previous ones ..... for 120 mil they can get 4-5 players from the 3rd division in Albania 555

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I watched the game live on Saturday night. Arsenal were very average yet still won 3-1. Ten Hag has a huge job ahead of him, especially competing against two of the greatest sides in Premier League history in Liverpool and Man City.

The main issue I see with Utd is the attitude of certain players. The likes of Pogba, Lingard etc. really don't seem to care. Then you have players like Matic and Mata who are clearly past it. Then the likes of Maguire, Dalot and Wan-Bissaka who just aren't good enough. 

Seems like they need to replace most of the starting 11.  I think 6th place flatters them to be honest. It will be interesting to see how much time Ten Hag gets to turn it around. He needs a minimum of 3 years to even compete for the title IMO, that's if he gets the money and spends it well.

Can't disagree with any of that. But it should also be said you are stating / repeating the obvious.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:48 AM, mrbojangles said:

Next, you'll be telling me you've just read the Express and Mail and they agreed -  they got it totally wrong about Brexit ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

Next, you'll be telling me you've just read the Express and Mail and they agreed -  they got it totally wrong about Brexit ....

I asked Rik if he knew the transfer budget, he hadn't heard anything. That is what TalkSport heard. Instead of throwing rocks, why not tell us what you know

On 4/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, LeungKen said:

There are a few of us been watching Manchester United for a very long time. in my case almost 70 years. During that time one gets to see all the ups and downs of one's team and similarly those of one's competitors.

So without a shadow of a doubt, season 1973 - 1974 was the worst season in my memory, just 6 years after winning the then named European Cup.

United until I die.

Respect brother.

Thankfully, just missed out on that as starting following United a,few years later in 76.

Beating the Dippers in the 77 Cup Final & stopping them winning the Treble, was amazing - We are still the ONLY English team to win the Treble - League, FA Cup & the European Cup in the same season.

Having said that, this season has certainly got the potential to be the worst ever for me - The Dippers have already won the Doctor Pepper Cup & could (potentially) still win everything - I hope that the Rentboys beat them in the FA Cup final & that the Berties keep on winning to take the league title.

The prospect of a Dippers / Bertie Magoo Champions League Final would be very hard to watch indeed.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 11:55 AM, RedArmy said:

Respect brother.

Thankfully, just missed out on that as starting following United a,few years later in 76.

Beating the Dippers in the 77 Cup Final & stopping them winning the Treble, was amazing - We are still the ONLY English team to win the Treble - League, FA Cup & the European Cup in the same season.

Having said that, this season has certainly got the potential to be the worst ever for me - The Dippers have already won the Doctor Pepper Cup & could (potentially) still win everything - I hope that the Rentboys beat them in the FA Cup final & that the Berties keep on winning to take the league title.

The prospect of a Dippers / Bertie Magoo Champions League Final would be very hard to watch indeed.

I have it on good authority if Liverpool make it to the final(and let's face it, Uefa made it as easy as possible) , Uefa will replace their opponents with the Diddy men & Ken Dodd will manage the puppets. The final will be played out at a neutral Knotty Ash...

Mane will continue his auditions for Hong Kong Phooey

Salah will try to break the record of tripping over his laces in his own box and claiming a pen in the opposition.'s box

Some will say they stole it.... ( again)

And obviously they'll be some sob story at the end as some scallie is caught exiting the stadium with the trophy ( and UEFA official's watches )

Edited by Pmbkk

Great seats last night courtesy of the main man @RedArmy thanks again bud

One of the better home games I could have gone to this season for sure. Not a bad performance. Ronaldo, Matic and Elanga the best players for me.

Quite a strange atmosphere at the end. I think the win took the edge off any protest and it was a mixture of applause and boos

IMG20220502201027.jpg

IMG20220502200950.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Great seats last night courtesy of the main man @RedArmy thanks again bud

One of the better home games I could have gone to this season for sure. Not a bad performance. Ronaldo, Matic and Elanga the best players for me.

Quite a strange atmosphere at the end. I think the win took the edge off any protest and it was a mixture of applause and boos

More importantly, how's the roof holding up?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

More importantly, how's the roof holding up?

After they noticed the stands were wet but it wasn't raining, it turns out it wasn't the roof leaking but the fans crying watching United play

• Haha 1