The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I guess he'll know more than Ten Hag who sanctioned the transfer, or the qualified data analysts that would have studied him already.

<deleted> it... Ten Hag out Howson in I say 

Doubt it's Ten Hag but more like your glorious owners and their budgets. Coupled with your recent desperate transfer policy of "owt will do at ten to two"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Doubt it's Ten Hag but more like your glorious owners and their budgets. Coupled with your recent desperate transfer policy of "owt will do at ten to two"

Do you think Rabiot will be getting 200 quid a week?! ????

The transfer policy should and has been a combination of addressing the immediate problems with experienced pros (Erikssen + Rabiot) and building for the future (Malacia and Martinez).

For me the problem is the numbers, we needed far more fresh faces and more out of the door.

Just think for yourself a little @mrbojangles . The media says it's a depserate policy, or is it just that we are playing <deleted>? Any player bought while we are playing <deleted> will be tagged as desperate. Just look past what you are being fed for once. 

18 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Personally, i dont want either of the 2 above mentioned players - One is 33 years old & the other is just a taller version of Fred.

I'm not keen on Arnautovic, but isn't Rabiot a better bet than McT?

Personally mate I'd start Martinez and Garner in midfield next game

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's a matter of opinion & certainty debatable - IMO, hes just an average type player, similar to most of our average type players. He wont improve us one bit & his character is questionable too.

We need some quality signings - Proper ballers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Just think for yourself a little @mrbojangles . The media says it's a depserate policy, or is it just that we are playing <deleted>? Any player bought while we are playing <deleted> will be tagged as desperate. Just look past what you are being fed for once. 

I di think for myself but its comforting when i hear reds of the same view. Even your own blinkered red commentators and fans are saying it all stinks of desperation. Nobody has mentioned these guys before. You seem to be just trying to snap up some left over Summer sales. 

Have a listen to Goldbridge and tell me what you disagree with.

https://fb.watch/eNOAb4pGpo/

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I di think for myself but its comforting when i hear reds of the same view. Even your own blinkered red commentators and fans are saying it all stinks of desperation. Nobody has mentioned these guys before. You seem to be just trying to snap up some left over Summer sales. 

Have a listen to Goldbridge and tell me what you disagree with.

https://fb.watch/eNOAb4pGpo/

Listened to him. I find Goldbridge very entertaining but is about as temperemental is a woman on period. 

He is another one who doesn't understand the media landscape, but thinks hes does because he has a couple of contacts.

Just because we haven't heard about something before, doesn't mean it hasn't been in the works. This may just mean that the De Jong trail has come to an end, and this was our plan B. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rumours afoot that Chelsea are trying to hijack him

The whole thing is puzzling for me. You don't pursue a player unless you've been told by him or his agent he is interested in coming.

I'm not naiive enough to think that other clubs wouldn't be more attractive, so he could be using us as as a plan B in case he doesn't get interest from Chelsea or whoever. I think this could drag on right til the end of the window. I'd expect a lot more business to be done.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't forget Adrien Rabiot ????

Their recruitment strategy just goes from bizarre to bizarre-er ????

Sadly I have to agree with BJ even if he does bastardize Lewis Carol's quotes and I, as you know have followed Man United for years,

It would appear that the transfer rule book has been thrown away and the club are making decisions on the run. I blame the Glazers for this, they only want to see returns on their investment by riding on the back of past glories and not investing in the club that created those winning years.

It pains me to see my team contemplating buying has-beens & wannabees, I can only hope that the in the future someone realises we need to both acquire and raise through our own academy, quality, passionate and talented players.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

Sadly I have to agree with BJ even if he does bastardize Lewis Carol's quotes and I, as you know have followed Man United for years,

It would appear that the transfer rule book has been thrown away and the club are making decisions on the run. I blame the Glazers for this, they only want to see returns on their investment by riding on the back of past glories and not investing in the club that created those winning years.

It pains me to see my team contemplating buying has-beens & wannabees, I can only hope that the in the future someone realises we need to both acquire and raise through our own academy, quality, passionate and talented players.

What is "the transfer rulebook" though ?

We are faced with the dilemma of sorting short and long term problems. 

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What is "the transfer rulebook" though ?

We are faced with the dilemma of sorting short and long term problems. 

Sigh ! ..........

I'm not even going to answer that if you have grasped the basic facts of managing a football team.

Sorry RickG16

5 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

Sigh ! ..........

I'm not even going to answer that if you have grasped the basic facts of managing a football team.

Sorry RickG16

Or is it a phrase you lazily threw out there, but didn't have a clue what it meant yourself?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Rumours afoot that Chelsea are trying to hijack him

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he ends up at the Bridge - They are also willing to pay up his deferred wages - Something that we should have  contemplated 2 months ago.

4 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he ends up at the Bridge - They are also willing to pay up his deferred wages - Something that we should have  contemplated 2 months ago.

Assuming Rabiot goes through, how many more through the door do you expect before the end of the window?

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Personally mate I'd start Martinez and Garner in midfield next game

Arnautovic caracther would fit at MU, he would last less then 2-3 months..... as for Rabiot  555.... it appears to me that MU is trying to get any leftovers 555

Juventus signed him to become a problem for the opponents but over recent months he has become a technical, tactical and financial problem for the Italian club

Rabiot is just one of several failed signings made by Tottenham director of football Fabio Paratici when he was at the helm of Juventus. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11092281/Man-United-target-Adrien-Rabiot-major-problem-Juventus.html

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Arnautovic caracther would fit at MU, he would last less then 2-3 months..... as for Rabiot  555

Juventus signed him to become a problem for the opponents but over recent months he has become a technical, tactical and financial problem for the Italian club

Rabiot is just one of several failed signings made by Tottenham director of football Fabio Paratici when he was at the helm of Juventus. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11092281/Man-United-target-Adrien-Rabiot-major-problem-Juventus.html

On the other hand, he's a World Cup winner that is available for an initial fee of 15M (according to reports). It's not like we are breaking the bank to get him in. If he can improve the midfield, let's do it and work on bringing more in. 

• Confused 1

On the other hand, he's a World Cup winner that is available for an initial fee of 15M (according to reports). It's not like we are breaking the bank to get him in. If he can improve the midfield, let's do it and work on bringing more in. 

And he's only 27. We aren't talking about someone at the Schweinsteiger end of his career.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

he's a troubled man and he would fit well with the existing fitting room, too many big ego's and he (as you said) will be showing up is WC status, same as he did at Juve, if he was still good why would Juve let him go for such a bargain

• Haha 1

Assuming Rabiot goes through, how many more through the door do you expect before the end of the window?

It depends on how many we can actually get out of the door - Its no good loaning players, we need to sell them & recoup some money - We loaned Telles - Should have got at least 10m for him. We have only sold one player - Pereira to Fulham, its a shambles. We loaned Henderson to Forest, we could have got at least 30m for him.  AWB ??? I bet we end up loaning him out too, its a joke - Sell him back to Palace for 20m, take the hit & bring in Dumfries from Milan.

If we don't buy a forward, promote the young kid Charlie McNeil into the 1st team squad - This kid scores goals for fun - Zidane has to be given a debut, this kid is amazing - Garner ain't shy to put himself about either - Garnacho ??? Trust me, this kid is twice as good as Rashford - I would start at least 3 of our youngsters EVERY match & drop some of our over hyped average players who aint got what it takes.

To answer your original question, i think we will definitely sign 2 players, but if they are not of the quality that we need, its gonna be a long hard season.

If we could bring in FDJ, Anthony and Denzil Dumfries, along with some of our youngsters being bedded in, i think we could have a good season & enjoy some decent football again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

And he's only 27. We aren't talking about someone at the Schweinsteiger end of his career.

sometimes people buy used/older cars that run/performed better then newer/younger ones.... ETH should place Varane and Lindelof in center defense, the Martinez guy on the left, Dalot on the right and many different option in midfield, just don't included Fred and he should be ok, as forwards Ronaldo and Elanga and maybe Sancho on the right wing or maybe one of the youngsters

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

It depends on how many we can actually get out of the door - Its no good loaning players, we need to sell them & recoup some money - We loaned Telles - Should have got at least 10m for him. We have only sold one player - Pereira to Fulham, its a shambles. We loaned Henderson to Forest, we could have got at least 30m for him.  AWB ??? I bet we end up loaning him out too, its a joke - Sell him back to Palace for 20m, take the hit & bring in Dumfries from Milan.

If we don't buy a forward, promote the young kid Charlie McNeil into the 1st team squad - This kid scores goals for fun - Zidane has to be given a debut, this kid is amazing - Garner ain't shy to put himself about either - Garnacho ??? Trust me, this kid is twice as good as Rashford - I would start at least 3 of our youngsters EVERY match & drop some of our over hyped average players who aint got what it takes.

To answer your original question, i think we will definitely sign 2 players, but if they are not of the quality that we need, its gonna be a long hard season.

If we could bring in FDJ, Anthony and Denzil Dumfries, along with some of our youngsters being bedded in, i think we could have a good season & enjoy some decent football again.

I love the idea of giving Zidane and Savage a go, but I think it's borderline irresponsible to throw them in so young when we are in such a bad situation.

Garner is ready though.

Ten Hag has said he will drop people who won't perform. So let's see if he's as good as his word. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Do you really want a 27 year old footballer with a history of behavior problems whose mother is his agent? Is he still hanging on to the titty or is the titty hanging on to him? Maybe both, and that ain't good.

2e755cbf363dce3a20da9610ad1202656463c8d2.jpg.39d0d5201b3295368cec79172196df86.jpg

Exactly - Before kick off, she comes in & ties his shoe laces '  AVOID this has been at all costs.

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I love the idea of giving Zidane and Savage a go, but I think it's borderline irresponsible to throw them in so young when we are in such a bad situation.

Garner is ready though.

Ten Hag has said he will drop people who won't perform. So let's see if he's as good as his word. 

Savage is supposedly going out on loan. Bolton have been linked with him, amongst others in League 1 and the Championship, to compete with/cover our defensive midfielder M.J. Williams.

Just now, champers said:

Savage is supposedly going out on loan. Bolton have been linked with him, amongst others in League 1 and the Championship, to compete with/cover our defensive midfielder M.J. Williams.

You should be absolutely buzzing if you get him

1 minute ago, champers said:

Nice left foot, even filled in at left back for France in last years Euros.

Well he's <deleted> according to everyone else in this thread. For various reasons, ranging from stats to who is agent is. No mention of a World Cup winners medal.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You should be absolutely buzzing if you get him

I should think much depends on whether Utd want him to play in the Championship or not. We are one of the better League 1 teams and should be pushing for promotion.

Edited by champers