The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

For you Cantona lovers. Just flicking through Netflix and come across a series called Inhuman Resources and the main character is no other than Eric himself. Not the best series or acting in the world and French dubbed in English but watchable. Eric ain't too bad an actor at all. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well he's <deleted> according to everyone else in this thread. For various reasons, ranging from stats to who is agent is. No mention of a World Cup winners medal.

With all due respect my bother, Pogba has a WC Winners medal & He's <deleted> too.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

For you Cantona lovers. Just flicking through Netflix and come across a series called Inhuman Resources and the main character is no other than Eric himself. Not the best series or acting in the world and French dubbed in English but watchable. Eric ain't too bad an actor at all. 

HBO are showing the film Elizabeth (about Elizabeth 1) a few times over the next week or so. It stars Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush with EC in the role of French ambasdador. Good movie, well worth a watch.

Ryan Giggs court case looks like another one to follow. Shame it's not on telly.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, champers said:

HBO are showing the film Elizabeth (about Elizabeth 1) a few times over the next week or so. It stars Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush with EC in the role of French ambasdador. Good movie, well worth a watch.

Ryan Giggs court case looks like another one to follow. Shame it's not on telly.

He's a miserable looking character.

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So basically you spend your retirement watching United fan channels and Eric Cantina films....????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

With all due respect my bother, Pogba has a WC Winners medal & He's <deleted> too.

I know... and Jonathan Greening won the Champions League..... but for 15 - 20M why not have a punt? I agree we need a lot more coming through the door too. Remember I was impressed by Dumfires at the Euros. But in all honesty why would he leave Milan? 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I know... and Jonathan Greening won the Champions League..... but for 15 - 20M why not have a punt? I agree we need a lot more coming through the door too. Remember I was impressed by Dumfires at the Euros. But in all honesty why would he leave Milan? 

And David May too ????

For 15-20 M, i would rather buy someone who is Premiership proven - Someone like Telemans or Ndidi from Leicester.

I think Milan are looking to cash in on Dumfries & he would be happy to leave for a much bigger contract. Would love to see him at United, a proper modern day fast attacking right back.

Perhaps my wishes have been heard and proposal to buy our club from the Glazers.

I know nothing about Michael Knighton and his backers and would welcome some information about him and his plans for the club

More here :- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-glazer-family-takeover-24716239

11 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

Perhaps my wishes have been heard and proposal to buy our club from the Glazers.

I know nothing about Michael Knighton and his backers and would welcome some information about him and his plans for the club

More here :- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-glazer-family-takeover-24716239

Michael Knighton is the clown who was going to buy us already in the 80s, came on the pitch at OT and did kicks ups, and then it turned out he didn't have the cash.

No thanks!

What happened to this once proud and big club ?   Nothing much left of quality in the squad. 

At least you have a good coach, but miracles do not happen over night.  If De Jong signs for Chelsea, your midfield will not look any better than last season.

1 hour ago, balo said:

What happened to this once proud and big club ?   Nothing much left of quality in the squad. 

At least you have a good coach, but miracles do not happen over night.  If De Jong signs for Chelsea, your midfield will not look any better than last season.

Thanks for the insight, you sound like a very knowledgeable character - Please feel free to enlighten us as to what shower of Shiite you follow ??? 

• Haha 1

Plenty of talks tonight doing the rounds about Rashford to PSG - Fantastic news, please let it be true - Sell him for 60-70 M - Spend the money on Anthony from Ajax - We already have a player on our books who is twice as good as "Rashy" - His name is Garnacho -  We actually have the quality players, but its about having the balls to throw them in - Stop protecting them, give them the opportunity & watch them thrive - Garnacho, Garner, Zidane, Malacia, Martinez, make my starting 11 every week.

Thanks for the insight, you sound like a very knowledgeable character - Please feel free to enlighten us as to what shower of Shiite you follow ??? 

He's a Spurs fan who is currently feeling very good about himself (as per his post on the Spurs thread).

Just now, RickG16 said:

He's a Spurs fan who is currently feeling very good about himself (as per his post on the Spurs thread).

He's a Norweigan who comes on our thread about every month to give us his usual dose of gloom.

• Thanks 1

Plenty of talks tonight doing the rounds about Rashford to PSG - Fantastic news, please let it be true - Sell him for 60-70 M - Spend the money on Anthony from Ajax - We already have a player on our books who is twice as good as "Rashy" - His name is Garnacho -  We actually have the quality players, but its about having the balls to throw them in - Stop protecting them, give them the opportunity & watch them thrive - Garnacho, Garner, Zidane, Malacia, Martinez, make my starting 11 every week.

I agree. Let him go. Use the money wisely. 

Best for both parties. I hope the lad can go their and ressurect his career. Would be happy for him. I like to see people who are stuck in a rut make a change in their life and get back on track.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

DDG

Dalot Varane Maguire Malacia

Garner Martinez

Diallo Erickssen Sancho

Ronaldo

you have a good idea but 1 wrong guy.... remove maguire and replace with Lindloff and remove sancho and replace with Etanga..... at the end it all will work 555

6 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Martial    Ronaldo   Sancho

Eriksen

Malacia  Garner Zidane Dalot

Martinez Varane

DdG

Oh God please no, anything but Martial, please please please

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Martial    Ronaldo   Sancho

Eriksen

Malacia  Garner Zidane Dalot

Martinez Varane

DdG

I Martial not fit yet

36 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Bring your boots then, I'll play you on the left instead ????

I'm more of a right back in the Gary Neville mould. Can get stuck in and put a good ball into the box 

.... Very interested to see today's line up. Does he give that lot from last week another chance or not. I suspect he will to most of them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

.... Very interested to see today's line up. Does he give that lot from last week another chance or not. I suspect he will to most of them.

Me too - i reckon he will bring Ronaldo back - I think he will drop Shaw & bring in Malacia - Would love to see him drop Maguire too.

• Like 1