The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Rangnick got sacked for speaking out loud what we all know - He said 10 out & 10 in - Fred, Maguire, Shaw, Dalot, Rashford, AWB, should all be sold - Absolute shambles, even worse than last season - Next up is Liverpool - I am absolutely astonished by Rashfords decline - Time to sell or stick him on the bench - Bring the kid Garnacho in for the next game - Brentford showed passion & desire & ran us ragged - Embarrassing would be an understatement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Nobody could see them. Why would anyone think wearing a grass coloured camouflage kit is a good idea. OK the opponents can't see you but neither can you're own players. I'm sure Luke Shaw kept nipping off for a pie and a fag but nobody noticed

Could've put the stewards on the pitch in their dayglow jackets and you wouldn't have known the difference 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

As bad as what you think they are Jelly, it's far too early to be speaking of relegation.

The big problem for them, this side of the World Cup, is their results boost the confidence of their next few opponents. Teams that would have shown them some respect, now simply want to get up and at them; as in yesterday's game, where the the first half hour decided it.

what are you talking about, take a look at the table, currently they are #1, at the top, BTW you will have to inverse the table up side down or down side up  555 

now they should understand why Ronaldo didn't want to stay, with such bad players as team mates no good player wants to join MU and the good ones want to leave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Rangnick got sacked for speaking out loud what we all know - He said 10 out & 10 in - Fred, Maguire, Shaw, Dalot, Rashford, AWB, should all be sold - Absolute shambles, even worse than last season - Next up is Liverpool - I am absolutely astonished by Rashfords decline - Time to sell or stick him on the bench - Bring the kid Garnacho in for the next game - Brentford showed passion & desire & ran us ragged - Embarrassing would be an understatement.

what type of coach keeps insisting on such bad/non performing players and leave the good ones on the bench. What does ETH sees on Maguire, Fred, Shaw, Rashford, "fiasco/flop" Sancho, Martial that the majority of people don't see.... I said he would not make it to the end of the year and will say it again, the guy, as a coach,  didn't proof anything, Holande championship should not be a reference, they only have 3 major teams or better said 1 major team Ajax the other PSV and Feyenoord not really competition

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Luke Shaw kept nipping off for a pie and a fag but nobody noticed

IMO, he is one of the many weak links in our team - I have never liked him - I guarantee that Malacia starts over him next match.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, RickG16 said:

He's a Norweigan who comes on our thread about every month to give us his usual dose of gloom.

I wish you all the best mate, got nothing against United as long as you're behind us on the table.

But seriously I think most football fans want United to succeed, ETH just need to bring in the right players.

• Like 1

De Jong doesn't want to come.

The Frenchie kid's mom agent is asking for an absurd wage packet.

So United target Casemiro at Real Madrid. RM have him under contract for years and he is playing CL football for RM who are arguably the best team in the world. This guy wants to come to woeful Man United?

It looks like United still haven't fully accepted their need to clean house and forget about being a contender for the near future. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, Mavideol said:

what type of coach keeps insisting on such bad/non performing players and leave the good ones on the bench. What does ETH sees on Maguire, Fred, Shaw, Rashford, "fiasco/flop" Sancho, Martial that the majority of people don't see.... I said he would not make it to the end of the year and will say it again, the guy, as a coach,  didn't proof anything, Holande championship should not be a reference, they only have 3 major teams or better said 1 major team Ajax the other PSV and Feyenoord not really competition

Totally agree.

Let's be honest, many United fans had not even heard of Ten Hag before United showed an interest. Now he's supposed to turn around an oceanliner that's got holes all over it. A bit of success in Holland and looking a bit like Pep is not going to cut it. It's a bit like Ole having success at Molde and then the board believing he could do well at United, although to be fair Ole is starting to look better and better as his replacements come and go.

United need at least 8 new players. The trouble is, who is going to want to join a sinking ship when they could go to teams like City, Liverpool, Real Madrid? Plus, everyone is going to want top dollar because they know Utd are desperate.

They really need a result against Liverpool. I actually think they might surprise people and get a point, Liverpool haven't really hit the ground running either. If they lose, the pressure ramps up again. 

What a mess. I actually agree with Neville for once, "It's a real achievement to spend a billion pounds and be this bad".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

I can't agree with the OGS comment, because IMO his stay at United was a major factor in them being exactly where they are at the moment, floundering.

And when you consider the players that he signed...Jadon Sancho £73m, Amad, Alex Telles, Facundo Pellestri £8m, Donny van de Beek £35m, Odion Ighalo, Harry Maguire £80m, Aaron Wan-Bissaka £54m and Dan James £16m, his success with the signings was minimal, although the financial outlay wasn't.

Also IMO, his management style was not what was needed for the manager of United, and his tactical nous with regards to team selection and layout, was also lacking.

Cannot lay everything wrong at United at the feet of OGS, but he has to take responsibility for a lot of it.

Having said that, I think the rot set in before he got there, and he was just another mistake on their part.

more bad news  555

Man Utd end interest in signing Adrien Rabiot after 'obscene' demand (msn.com)

Adrien Rabiot’s proposed move to Manchester United is off due to the midfielder’s huge salary demands.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

more bad news  555

Man Utd end interest in signing Adrien Rabiot after 'obscene' demand (msn.com)

Adrien Rabiot’s proposed move to Manchester United is off due to the midfielder’s huge salary demands.

Why is this bad news for United fans ? 

IMO, this is the best news I've heared today - He's not wanted by anyone that I've spoken to - He's no better than some of the shi te we already have & why would we want a player anyway who is clearly still tied to his Mother's aprin strings.

Edited by RedArmy
Spelling
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 11:27 AM, RickG16 said:

OK lads good, you've put your cards on the table. You think Rabiot is <deleted>.

Personally I don't mind that signing, he's proven quality in an area it's not hard to make an improvement.

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

IMO, this is the best news I've heared today - He's not wanted by anyone that I've spoken to - He's no better than some of the shi te we already have & why would we want a player anyway who is clearly still tied to his Mother's aprin strings.

Even though we all tried to tell him, I think Ricky fancied him Red ????

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Even though we all tried to tell him, I think Ricky fancied him Red ????

Football is all about opinions & everyone is entitled to theirs - However, on this particular occasion, Rick was most certainly in the minority.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RedArmy said:

bad news for the ones in sheer desperation for this guy's signing, as you,  I am not of of them but I guess @xylophone is sad about it  555

33 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

bad news for the ones in sheer desperation for this guy's signing, as you,  I am not of of them but I guess @xylophone is sad about it  555

No, I'm not sad about it, because I know nothing whatsoever about the player or his capabilities/abilities on the football field!

What I am pretty sure about is that the malaise which is afflicting United at the moment, will not be solved by just one or two new players. However any new players have to be better than the majority of the current players – – so it's a bit of potluck really.