The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Short month - I think 2 goals & a couple of important assists swung things in his favour.

I have no idea who makes these selections and never thought Rashford would even get close but if it gives him some confidence all good for someone who has been woefully out of form compared with 2 years back and dropped by Southgate from the England squad.

Speaking of woeful form if anyone saw Ronaldo's latest effort for Portugal would not surprise ,if fit, Rashford plays as a central striker and Ronaldo warms the  bench again. His lost of form is hard to fathom from his lack of pace, even allowing for father time, his first touch to finishing, its all left him, you can see his confidence ebbing away

Bit of trivia yet another former MU icon Dwight Yorke has gone into coaching in the Australian A league with a relatively new club Macarthur a team based west of Sydney .

After only 5 games in the job his team just won the Australia Cup which is their version of the FA Cup. Their season proper kicks off next weekend. 

Finally Nani, remember him ? has joined Melbourne to play in the A league .He is their marquee signing, not sure what he has got left, time will tell. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedArmy said:

We won the 2nd half 3-2 ????

how many shots on target did your Sancho and Rashford had ... it was pity seeing a distressed MU but after all, with a coach like that, who has personal vendetta against a 5 time ballon d'or, Casemiro on the bench,  nothing else to expect, some time ago I did post about him leaving by years end, now I revised my thought and he will not make it to years end

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Group? You mean your shady scheme for shifting money around. 

Funny how many other clubs want to follow our business model. The new Chelsea owner certainly does. As for questioning our ownership, I really think you should look at your own ownership model first

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how many shots on target did your Sancho and Rashford had ... it was pity seeing a distressed MU but after all, with a coach like that, who has personal vendetta against a 5 time ballon d'or, Casemiro on the bench,  nothing else to expect, some time ago I did post about him leaving by years end, now I revised my thought and he will not make it to years end

It's difficult. He is on big bucks, at the tail end of his illustrious career, out of form and has serious personal hang-ups.

We would take him, but our offer of 10k a month would not be acceptable to this world star. Will he see out his days at Utd?

Edited by owl sees all

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

city felt sorry for them, remove their feet from the gas pedal  and let them play a little bit

There is something in that. The half time team-talk probably went; "Just play it around, enjoy yourselves, and don't take chances."

They should have pushed on, and really put them to the sword. Utd were demoralised. Not unsurprisingly, after all 4-0 is not an everyday HT score.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

There is something in that. The half time team-talk probably went; "Just play it around, enjoy yourselves, and don't take chances."

They should have pushed on, and really put them to the sword. Utd were demoralised. Not unsurprisingly, after all 4-0 is not an everyday HT score.

lost a bet because of that, told my brother it would 7 nul... had to pay for the beer  555

• Like 1

It's difficult. He is on big bucks, at the tail end of his illustrious career, out of form and has serious personal hang-ups.

We would take him, but our offer of 10k a month would not be acceptable to this world star. Will he see out his days at Utd?

it's degrading for a player of his quality, Roy Keane made a good point, since the coach had no intentions of using him why he didn't let him go back in August, it appears that offers were in

• Like 1

Brentford?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Haaland scored 3 and gave 2 assists yesterday. That's all I'm interested in

Was Martinez playing yesterday? He couldnt have been, could he ????

Our tactics were wrong. We should have showed you the same respect as the prime Barca teams and set up with 2 banks of 4. If you are going to play on the break need to soak up the pressure properly. 

Hate to say it but Ole's tactics vs City were superior to ETH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Our tactics were wrong. We should have showed you the same respect as the prime Barca teams and set up with 2 banks of 4. If you are going to play on the break need to soak up the pressure properly. 

Hate to say it but Ole's tactics vs City were superior to ETH

it appears you agree with me when I said he was a bad coach with a BIG ego attitude 555

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Who?

Ten Hag isn't a bad coach. He just got it wrong on the day.

wait and see.... just for the fun of it, what has he won internationally? nothing, that's what I thought 555

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

UEFA. FIFA anything take your pick.... Holand championshp is not an international competition  555

I think it's an irrelevant point. Van Gaal had international experience and ETH already looks far better than what we saw under Van Gaal.

(5555)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think it's an irrelevant point. Van Gaal had international experience and ETH already looks far better than what we saw under Van Gaal.

(5555)

since you mention Van Gaal, please refresh my memory about his trophy's with different teams and who's Holand national team coach, ohhhhh , sorry, yes it's ETH  555 please don't compare apples and oranges, if the guy was any good Ajax wouldn't have let him go.... but it's all a matter of personal taste and for me who never liked him even when he was at Ajax, still not like,

Erik ten Hag sent brutal Man Utd message by Jose Mourinho's ex-assistant Rui Faria

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/erik-ten-hag-man-united-28137511

'No reason to drop Ronaldo' - New Man Utd boss Ten Hag offered advice by Netherlands legend Van Basten

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/no-reason-to-drop-ronaldo-new-man-utd-boss-ten-hag-offered/bltc63324226af245e2

Edited by Mavideol

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

since you mention Van Gaal, please refresh my memory about his trophy's with different teams and who's Holand national team coach, ohhhhh , sorry, yes it's ETH  555 please don't compare apples and oranges, if the guy was any good Ajax wouldn't have let him go.... but it's all a matter of personal taste and for me who never liked him even when he was at Ajax, still not like, he had the courage/guts to criticize Mourinho last year before Europa league final, he's a sour loser

It's very confusing having a conversation with you.

You are asking for international experience. My point is Van Gaal had international experience, and I think most United fans would agree he was <deleted> at United.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

It's very confusing having a conversation with you.

You are asking for international experience. My point is Van Gaal had international experience, and I think most United fans would agree he was <deleted> at United.

sometimes it's not the coach's fault, there are many things going on inside a locker room or a office... sometimes coaches get fired because they refused to follow orders coming from outside(management) offices

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

sometimes it's not the coach's fault, there are many things going on inside a locker room or a office... sometimes coaches get fired because they refused to follow orders coming from outside(management) offices

You might think his sacking (after winning an FA Cup) was harsh, but I think most United fans would agree that the football under LVG was some of the worst we have seen since Fergie. And that's saying something.

Anyway - the point is international experience is neither here or there.... Klopp and Pep never managed internationally either!

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

You might think his sacking (after winning an FA Cup) was harsh, but I think most United fans would agree that the football under LVG was some of the worst we have seen since Fergie. And that's saying something.

Anyway - the point is international experience is neither here or there.... Klopp and Pep never managed internationally either!

I didn't say managed internationally, I said wining any international competition such as Europa league, Champions League, Conference league, Nations League.... the guy stayed 5 year at Ajax and 2 years at Utrecht, his best accomplishment was a 2018-2019 Champions league Semi Final

Teams managed
2012–2013 Go Ahead Eagles
2013–2015 Bayern Munich II
2015–2017 Utrecht
2017–2022 Ajax
2022– Manchester United

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

I didn't say managed internationally, I said wining any international competition such as Europa league, Champions League, Conference league, Nations League.... the guy stayed 5 year at Ajax and 2 years at Utrecht, his best accomplishment was a 2018-2019 Champions league Semi Final

Teams managed
2012–2013 Go Ahead Eagles
2013–2015 Bayern Munich II
2015–2017 Utrecht
2017–2022 Ajax
2022– Manchester United

You should have said won a European competition.

Some would say getting a team from the Dutch league (one that can't compare to the 1970s or 1990s Ajax) to a Champions League semi-final is a trophy in itself.