The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Tonight v Everton is a pivotal moment even so early in the season, not to get 3 points makes top 4 even at this early stage, start looking it might be out of reach.

To expand on my whinge about the likes of Sancho's performances who rightly got hooked at half time last Thursday against Omonia, a team made out up of journey men who would struggle in the Championship.

He was taken off along with Malacia, as he too was having a shocker, because he looked totally disinterested. To scramble a win against opposition like that shows how dire we presently are.

A comparison : Sancho v Foden, both the same age and 2 years ago most would have said that they were almost equals in potential. Fast forward and Foden is now scoring goals and making assists, running at defenders, causing havoc, and being one of the first on the team sheet for England.

Sancho has regressed to a point where he is not worth a place in our starting 11.

Interesting if anyone saw an interview this week  between Joe Cole and Paul Scholes. Scholes was  asked what was our greatest ever Managers main demands of a player. Scholes, a man of few words said just one "desire" that's how SAF evaluated his players and if he didn't see "desire" he moved them on or left them in the stands.

Today as we know some players are just so precious and lacking character, Ali ,Lingard, Pogba you could make a long list.

The club is now apparently scrambling to get Ganarcho an extended contract ,to lose him would be a disaster IMO .If you want to see "desire" he epitomizes it and there are others in the youth pipeline waiting for a chance.

Lastly Scholes was asked who was the most under rated player he ever played with ?

Quick as a flash, Michael Carrick...hear hear 

Don't forget Foden (and most other City players) had his time out of the City starting XI. If you want a place in their team you need to be in red hot form, and that's the standard we need to get to at  United..... I wouldn't write Sancho off just yet, you can guarantee he will be thinking about where he went wrong and looking forward to his next opportunity. 

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Man , we are desperate for a goal scorer .

Too many chances going to waste.

On the positive side of things, at least we created a hatful of chances, but average finishing and a superb display by their goalkeeper kept us at bay.

I'd be more worried if we weren't creating the chances in the first place!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I'd be more worried if we weren't creating the chances in the first place!

I understand what you are saying , but we are not putting teams away.  I know a win is a win , but when it is by just one goal there is a possibility that points will be dropped by one mistake at our end.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You are right. But like Ten Hag said the most important thing is to be playing well. Newcastle are a tough (and dirty) team

and he call it as "playing well"  how many shots on target, how many saves did Newcastle goal made....  I may have watched a different game 555   TH should start to pack as the end is near

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and he call it as "playing well"  how many shots on target, how many saves did Newcastle goal made....  I may have watched a different game 555   TH should start to pack as the end is near

Absolute rubbish. We created more than enough opportunities to win a tight game against a good team. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Absolute rubbish. We created more than enough opportunities to win a tight game against a good team. 

as long as you and TH think so, all is good, reminds me of Brentford a so so middle table team, how many did they got in 555 .... wonder what the supporters and management think

8 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Ronaldo left early , what is your take on that ?

IMHO , It was a gesture of " <deleted> it , they don't need me ".

Furious he didn't get subbed in. His teammates were great today and he leaves early. Still a punk after all these years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Best performance of the season, and a few of us on here could see it coming.

@mrbojangles I'd like to propose that you give Mavideol a 1 week ban for talking utter nonsense. 

it's early, time will take care of it, because they got lucky 2-3 times you think they won something, bad news my friend, they won nothing yet and will not win sxxt by season's end, back to normal (losing) soon enough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yenots said:

Trophies won since this thread was started……

Liverpool…..

Premier league 2019/20

FA cup 2021/22

EFL cup 2021/22

FA charity shield 2022

UEFA champions league 2018/19

UEFA super cup 2019

FIFA club World Cup 2019

Man United……

????????????  thanks

Edited by Mavideol
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

????????????  thanks

Why thank him? We're not arguing we are as good as Liverpool.... you were saying we were playing badly and Ten Hag was on his way. That was the nonsense

Oh and I saw you calling Grealish and Mahrez midtable level players on another thread.

There's a growing body of evidence that suggests you don't know a lot about football. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yenots said:

Fun fact……Liverpool goalie Alison has more premier league assists then Grealish in the whole of 2022 

Don't know who you are pal, but so far you've only shown us a talent for copy and pasting from wikipedia.

Grealish can't get into arguably the best team in the world, not much shame in that. 

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why thank him? We're not arguing we are as good as Liverpool.... you were saying we were playing badly and Ten Hag was on his way. That was the nonsense

Oh and I saw you calling Grealish and Mahrez midtable level players on another thread.

There's a growing body of evidence that suggests you don't know a lot about football. 

matter of opinion, my opinion about the players you mention still unchanged and supported week by week performance by them..... as for MU, let's wait and see how long TH stays, wait until Rash, Shaw and a couple others start their injury timing, it happens every year.

my knowledge about football fits me perfectly well, some years as professional player taught me some or a little as any other things in life, at 69 years old, am leaning, sorry keep learning every single day

5 minutes ago, yenots said:

All jokes and trophy banter aside……Ten hag will come good at United and is going nowhere. Ronaldo should of gone in the summer, he might get you a few points but his playing days are numbered. Dropping Maquire was brutal but needed doing and imo it’s a massive shame what has happened to him at old trafford as it wasn’t so long ago the whole country was behind him  in the 2018 World Cup that indeed made United spend 80 million on him in the first place. Maybe Ten hag can bring the best out of him yet but it looks like he is doomed now and every single mistake will be jumped on by fans and ex United pundits. Sad thing is he would probably flourish under the guidance of klopp or pep but the chances of him joining either team are pretty much zero after being captain at United so it’s hard to see where he goes from here? Probably be a Leeds/wolves/villa type club I guess 

There we go... some sensible comments finally! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

matter of opinion, my opinion about the players you mention still unchanged and supported week by week performance by them..... as for MU, let's wait and see how long TH stays, wait until Rash, Shaw and a couple others start their injury timing, it happens every year.

my knowledge about football fits me perfectly well, some years as professional player taught me some or a little as any other things in life, at 69 years old, am leaning, sorry keep learning every single day

Well you might have watched more football than me, but I just think you have a very negative take on how United are currently playing. In fact, you might have  replaced @balo as this thread's official doom merchant!