The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Well you might have watched more football than me, but I just think you have a very negative take on how United are currently playing. In fact, you might have  replaced @balo as this thread's official doom merchant!

in case you didn't notice, I am not a supporter of no particular team, I like to watch good football, I don't get pleasure watching MU and some other teams playing, I keep pushing you for the fun of it, nothing else, I don't know any @balo , as an example I don't like Klop & Conte & Arteta attitude and theatricals on the side line, Pep is a class act compared to them, one can have passion for the game without all the drama involved, lately the EPL looks too much like the Serie A  20 or some years ago, no negative take on MU but a very negative take on TH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

stay on topic, did I insulted you in any shape or form

Apologies if my question offended you in any way as that was not my intention - Was just curious as to your nationality - If you prefer to keep it top secret, no problemo ????

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I believe he was asking you if you're American (in cockney rhyming slang)

Exactly - Thank you Rick.

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Apologies if my question offended you in any way as that was not my intention - Was just curious as to your nationality - If you prefer to keep it top secret, no problemo ????

Exactly - Thank you Rick.

nice try... I could use other words to describe a Septic Tank but I am a very polite person will leave it as it is... google translate is your friend, you should try it sometimes thus may avoiding looking/sounding like a foul

Edited by Mavideol

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Ahhh, so now you think he's Mexican / Spanish ????

neither people of that race/nationality spell that word that way, better stop guessing as I am from a far far far away very small (cold) country

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

neither people of that race/nationality spell that word that way, better stop guessing as I am from a far far far away very small (cold) country

Yes I know. It would be problema in spanish/mexican. I wasn't guessing, it was just a joke. I really don't need to know which country you are from if you don't wish to tell. ????

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

nice try... I could use other words to describe a Septic Tank but I am a very polite person will leave it as it is... google translate is your friend, you should try it sometimes thus may avoiding looking/sounding like a foul

I did apologise brother but you seem like a sensitive soul - btw, what's a "foul" ??

4 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I did apologise brother but you seem like a sensitive soul - btw, what's a "foul" ??

in purpose typo.... thought you were "brave enough" and  would get it but here it goes " fool "  .... btw brave has many different meanings, chose the one it fits you

your grammatical skills are doubtable "apologiZe

apologize
/əˈpɒlədʒʌɪz/

verb

• 1. express regret for something that one has done wrong: "I must apologize for disturbing you like this"

Doubt´a`ble

a. 1. Capable of being doubted; questionable.
  2. Worthy of being feared; redoubtable.
Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

in purpose typo.... thought you were "brave enough" and  would get it but here it goes " fool "  .... btw brave has many different meanings, chose the one it fits you

Guess I'm just a brave fool then, cheers my man, enjoy the rest of your day ????

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Is it still ok to talk about football on this forum ?

No doubt in my mind after watching the game v Spurs and a replay that the performance was the best I've seen for a long time. I'm not normally a stats  person but the distance covered by players and shots were right up there with days long gone.

Fred's goal obviously carried some luck but that been in short supply this season and Bruno's might just be the turning point for him to recover some form.

Last season our defence was like a sieve. Varane is showing leadership and class and the much maligned "dwarf" Martinez closed down Kane and others and will prove to be one of the clubs best ever signings ,love his attitude. Even De Gea after a decade at the club is finally using the ball to more effect. Shaw has responded well to some competition and for him a chance to play in the WC

Not getting carried away this is a strange season, top 4 should be the aim anything more is not likely unless injuries decimate other sides.

But of course all the discussion and unnecessary distraction has been Ronaldo. I think EtH has handled this well and Ronaldo may find the rest of the squad will not allow a wedge to be created between management and performance .On one hand Ronaldo likes to talk on social media 

about unity and commitment  to the team and then stages a walk out like a petulant child.

My personal theory with Ronaldo is that he knows full well he has lost any pace he had ,his finishing has been well below what he expects and he is taking his own frustrations of his form out on others, mainly EtH.

For the benefit of the team I do hope he can be moved on in January which is what he wanted prior to the season starting. That his manager hawked him around with no takers from CL teams he may well find a distinct lack of interest especially in his unrealistic wage demands

His options are very limited

Agree with all that Sparkles... the other thing is, by behaving like this Ronaldo is limiting his options in January. 

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Agree with all that Sparkles... the other thing is, by behaving like this Ronaldo is limiting his options in January. 

I think his salary demands would be of greater importance .Clubs traditionally don't cough up that sort of money in January. Surely MU will not subsidise his weekly wage.

Forgot to mention Michael Carrick seems to be closing in on the managers job at Middlesbrough.

I think with his experience and demeanor he could well be at the start of a long journey.

Have great respect for him as he was a true professional.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I think his salary demands would be of greater importance .Clubs traditionally don't cough up that sort of money in January. Surely MU will not subsidise his weekly wage.

Forgot to mention Michael Carrick seems to be closing in on the managers job at Middlesbrough.

I think with his experience and demeanor he could well be at the start of a long journey.

Have great respect for him as he was a true professional.

If making a contribution to his wages means he is out of our dressing room and stops being a disruptive influence, I wouldn't be adverse to that. Better than paying his full wage and having him causing problems. 

It's nice to look back at old posts sometimes

On 8/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, ChipButty said:

Cristiano Ronaldo's stunning £19.4m move to Manchester United sees shares in the Old Trafford outfit soar by EIGHT PER CENT in just hours as superstar's influence reverberates beyond the pitch following his return

Shares in Manchester United went up by eight per cent on Friday evening

The English side announced that they have agreed to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo 

The club gained more than 1 million Instagram followers after the announcement

Ronaldo boasts the most followers on Instagram and is a worldwide superstar

On 8/31/2021 at 6:50 PM, ChipButty said:

The Glazers made their money from real estate then buying Ronaldo is the best bit of real estate they have ever bought

On 9/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, RickG16 said:

All these people queueing up to bet against Ronaldo. Why would you do that? If there is one player you can say is proven quality then it's him.

I understand that there is rivalry in football, and that people don't like Ronaldo's image in general. But there seems to be an element of 'being catty' over ' common sense' here. 

On 9/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, ChipButty said:

20210903_215059.jpg

On 9/4/2021 at 10:05 PM, RickG16 said:

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the Premier League.

Discuss / debate.

Is there a debate?

On 9/6/2021 at 8:29 PM, RickG16 said:

So you don't subscribe to the theory that there are many 'Ronaldo fans' around the world who will now become Reds?

Not the done thing in England but overseas switching sides isn't so taboo.

Just like Mr Boj labelling Ronaldo 'a good player'. You lot are struggling to come to terms with the fact that one of the greatest players of all time has come back to the PL. Regardless of whether he improves us, this is historic and you should be waking up with a spring in your step. The PL is now THE league again.

Ronaldo has more charisma in his little toe than the marquee players of recent years. Salah, Kane etc

On 9/7/2021 at 12:15 PM, RickG16 said:

Forget all that. Ronaldo is back in the Premier League. Love him or hate him, you will be watching him.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's nice to look back at old posts sometimes

Wow slow day for you is it?

Ronaldo was our top scorer last season, and under Ten Hag I still think he could be useful. You might say the current situation was always coming but I'm surprised at the way he's downed tools rather than winning his place back.

The question is, has Haaland managed to crawl out of Joe Gomez's pocket yet?

35 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wow slow day for you is it?

Ronaldo was our top scorer last season, and under Ten Hag I still think he could be useful. You might say the current situation was always coming but I'm surprised at the way he's downed tools rather than winning his place back.

The question is, has Haaland managed to crawl out of Joe Gomez's pocket yet?

Yeah slow day. Daughter off at her mates for a sleepover and I'm waiting to go out.

Don't know what you watched but Haaland was in nobodies pocket. You said Martinez would keep Haaland quiet as well. But he scored an hatrick and 2 assists against your lot. Or did Martinez also have him in his pocket ????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah slow day. Daughter off at her mates for a sleepover and I'm waiting to go out.

Don't know what you watched but Haaland was in nobodies pocket. You said Martinez would keep Haaland quiet as well. But he scored an hatrick and 2 assists against your lot. Or did Martinez also have him in his pocket ????

He had one header that he put straight at Allison. I thought Gomez did very well, didn't give him any space. 

2 points dropped yesterday, should have put them to bed in the 1st half - A top striker & it would have been game over early doors - Thought we were done come 90 minutes, but what a header to nick an equaliser at the death to silence the home crowd.

15 hours ago, RedArmy said:

2 points dropped yesterday, should have put them to bed in the 1st half - A top striker & it would have been game over early doors - Thought we were done come 90 minutes, but what a header to nick an equaliser at the death to silence the home crowd.

Dunno mate. I thought Marcus's chances weren't so clear cut. The one that fell to Antony a top striker would have buried for sure. Antony looks very very one footed

16 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Good game United but thought you had a top striker!!?

Overpaid and over-the-hill. Ronaldo is dragging United's good name into a dark place. I hope they find a mug club to buy him soon. Glad my club never went for him.