The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You got beat in the PL 3-1 only 6 days ago against Aston Villa

I know  but that doesn't change anything - We are still playing some of the best football we have seen in years - When we can start to achieve some consistency in our game, we will be right back at the top.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Re last Thursdays home game v Villa, struggling to remember when we went down a goal and then scored 4. The debate about playing better without Ronaldo in the side will continue but there's no getting away the chemistry between the team seems more positive when they are not trying to tee Ronaldo up with long balls.

Will have to do without him tonight and a Sancho development, not sick or injured reportedly for his attitude. Maybe he has Garnacho complex????

EtH is going to get these issues sorted out and he's not messing around. Maguire and Fred seem to be on notice too, can't argue with that.

Fulham away is a difficult game and some players, from both sides, will be relating to the closeness of the WC. Lose and top 4 looks difficult.

Can't really get any enthusiasm for the WC and the time zone doesn't encourage watching any games live. 

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh dear. The poo poo has hit the fan

Bad timing imo, on the eve of a last minute victory - Taking the limelight away from Garnacho.

All the best Ronnie, i think its fair to say that we won't be seeing you playing for United again after this. Hopefully he has a decent World Cup & someone comes in for him in January - Time to bring in another top class striker.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

like anybody else, he has the right to speak his mind... some heads at MU may be up for the guillotine  555

But what is his crib?

Sounds like he is just 'past it' and can't accept the truth. A bit like those actresses; 'my fans don't understand me'. United are paying him a lot of dosh.

Over rated. over paid, over the hill.

Very sad about his baby.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Bad timing imo, on the eve of a last minute victory - Taking the limelight away from Garnacho.

All the best Ronnie, i think its fair to say that we won't be seeing you playing for United again after this. Hopefully he has a decent World Cup & someone comes in for him in January - Time to bring in another top class striker.

where can you find a striker scoring as many goals as he did and with the right coach still does +/- 20 every year on

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

But what is his crib?

Sounds like he is just 'past it' and can't accept the truth. A bit like those actresses; 'my fans don't understand me'. United are paying him a lot of dosh.

Over rated. over paid, over the hill.

Very sad about his baby.

there are always 2 versions to a fact.... in his case everybody jumped to criticize him because he was no scoring as he was used to, he was missing some easy (under his standards)  goals, they should have looked at any possible cause for him not performing as expected.... he's not alone dealing with personal issues, many other players have similar problems and need help/assistance on the personal level but team directors/coaches/managers main concern is their place on the table and most of the time forgetting players personality, like foreign players coming from a different culture, they need to be followed/assisted  look at the MU kid Greenwood if anybody had took the time to look into him ....

27 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

where can you find a striker scoring as many goals as he did

Either go & buy a top class striker in January or bring the kid Charlie McNeill into the 1st team squad - This kid is a natural goalscorer & I've heard that some are regarding him as the best finisher at the club.

images.jpeg-13.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

there are always 2 versions to a fact.... in his case everybody jumped to criticize him because he was no scoring as he was used to, he was missing some easy (under his standards)  goals, they should have looked at any possible cause for him not performing as expected.... he's not alone dealing with personal issues, many other players have similar problems and need help/assistance on the personal level but team directors/coaches/managers main concern is their place on the table and most of the time forgetting players personality, like foreign players coming from a different culture, they need to be followed/assisted  look at the MU kid Greenwood if anybody had took the time to look into him ....

Ronaldo would get into a world X1 at his best.

United brought him back, gave him shed-loads of dosh and the fans loved him. But it has all gone pear-shaped, and I feel that it is time to call it a draw; at the top level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

United brought him back, gave him shed-loads of dosh and the fans loved him.

I don't think United had any intention of bringing him back - He certainly wasn't in their plans - We loved the romance of him coming back, but make no mistake - He was on the verge of signing for City & after Sir Alex stepped in, we were forced into a situation where we had to sign him - Its over now for him at United, with no coming back.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Either go & buy a top class striker in January or bring the kid Charlie McNeill into the 1st team squad - This kid is a natural goalscorer & I've heard that some are regarding him as the best finisher at the club.

images.jpeg-13.jpg

and any of them will be able to score 30-40  goals a season  555 wishful thinking... some time ago same hopes were hanging over Rashford and or Martial, what's their Any season totals

Edited by Mavideol

19 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Ronaldo would get into a world X1 at his best.

United brought him back, gave him shed-loads of dosh and the fans loved him. But it has all gone pear-shaped, and I feel that it is time to call it a draw; at the top level.

I remember and old saying about somebody buying a pair of shoes that didn't fit as the store didn't have his size, the sales person kept insisting the problem was not with the shoes but with the buyers feet 555 ... now is it Ronaldo who screw up or is it ETH who doesn't know how to use him, some times good or very good players don't perform well as they don't have any chemistry with the coaching staff, one has to keep in mind that very good players have big egos and need to feel wanted and appreciated, in other words they like when people kiss their <deleted>

18 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I don't think United had any intention of bringing him back - He certainly wasn't in their plans - We loved the romance of him coming back, but make no mistake - He was on the verge of signing for City & after Sir Alex stepped in, we were forced into a situation where we had to sign him - Its over now for him at United, with no coming back.

Funny how when I said that last year our Ricky boy was having none of it ????????????????

On 9/2/2021 at 1:34 PM, RickG16 said:

"Just to stop him going to City".

That would suggest you don't think he would be an asset for us on the pitch.

Are you really saying that? 

If not, stop this self glorifying narrative about only buying him to stop him going there. We have always been interested in him if he was ever going to leave Juventus. 

Whilst I was searching for that post I found loads of other funnies ????????

On 8/31/2021 at 6:59 PM, ChipButty said:

Go on Ronnie.. it's time to wear the no21 jersey and win title no.21... just like RvP did with 20

On 8/31/2021 at 6:50 PM, ChipButty said:

The Glazers made their money from real estate then buying Ronaldo is the best bit of real estate they have ever bought

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I remember and old saying about somebody buying a pair of shoes that didn't fit as the store didn't have his size, the sales person kept insisting the problem was not with the shoes but with the buyers feet 555 ... now is it Ronaldo who screw up or is it ETH who doesn't know how to use him, some times good or very good players don't perform well as they don't have any chemistry with the coaching staff, one has to keep in mind that very good players have big egos and need to feel wanted and appreciated, in other words they like when people kiss their <deleted>

When I played, the occasion would take over. Any dislike I had for the tea-lady or coach was put aside. They didn't have substitutes when I was in my prime, but refusing to come on as one wouldn't have gone down very well, at best, and not tolerated at worst.

I agree about the egoes. He thinks he is special. He was once, One of the world greats. but can't expect his team-mates, or the people who pay is wages, to constantly allow for his tantrums., by turning a blind-eye or deaf-ear. And that massive weekly wage, must make some of the others a bit envious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how when I said that last year our Ricky boy was having none of it ????????????????

Whilst I was searching for that post I found loads of other funnies ????????

He was our top scorer last season. I think that's a pretty good asset.

Unfortunately since we bought him he's had some personal problems, and is now 2 years older. He was never going to be a long term solution.

Ten Hag : "We gave him options to leave in the summer but unfortunately we couldn't get anyone who was willing to take him. We tried with Chelsea but they refused. AC Milan also could not sign him. We also gave Ronaldo an option of looking for a club but he couldn't find any. So what respect is he talking about?"
Ten Hag: "United has had very good players in the past but they have never been this disappointing. Ronaldo must calm down and understand that even lions get old and it reaches a time when they can't even feed themselves."
Ten Hag: "The problems started when he started to think he's bigger and better than the club. Am sorry as long as am here,Manchester United will always remain bigger than individuals.
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NE1 said:
Ten Hag : "We gave him options to leave in the summer but unfortunately we couldn't get anyone who was willing to take him. We tried with Chelsea but they refused. AC Milan also could not sign him. We also gave Ronaldo an option of looking for a club but he couldn't find any. So what respect is he talking about?"
Ten Hag: "United has had very good players in the past but they have never been this disappointing. Ronaldo must calm down and understand that even lions get old and it reaches a time when they can't even feed themselves."
Ten Hag: "The problems started when he started to think he's bigger and better than the club. Am sorry as long as am here,Manchester United will always remain bigger than individuals.

Where did you get this from? Can't find it anywhere 

26 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Think this might be fake news....

• Thumbs Up 1