The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

53 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He was our top scorer last season. I think that's a pretty good asset.

Unfortunately since we bought him he's had some personal problems, and is now 2 years older. He was never going to be a long term solution.

I was highlighting the part where RedArmy stated Ronaldo only came to United to stop him going to City. That was something I brought up last year but you were having non of it

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I was highlighting the part where RedArmy stated Ronaldo only came to United to stop him going to City. That was something I brought up last year but you were having non of it

That was an element but I genuinely think we bought him for football (and commercial) reasons too 

On 11/13/2022 at 7:26 PM, NE1 said:

I think you can add Van de Beek to Maguire and Fred.

He is another one who didn't live up to the hype.

VDB was told some time ago that he needs to shape up ,he is struggling to keep up with the pace and physicality of the EPL so its old news. Failed at Everton too.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Apart from the last 3 lines ,its generally accepted by those close to the club that due to CR's discontent with the status of the club and that he couldn't play CL that he wanted to move and no manager/coach wants a player who is going to disrupt the mission to try to get back to where the club used to be. No club playing CL took the opportunity to sign him

I said weeks ago that another part of this current stand off is that Ronaldo is finding it hard to come to terms with the undeniable fact that he has lost pace ,his first touch has deserted him and he can't buy a goal plus the most important fact no club, apart from maybe the Saudis are going to pay his current wage no matter how many shirts they might sell or his commercial value.

He's not the first player not to accept that his career is coming to an end but to lash out as the WC break arrived was poor form. EtH has acted in a professional way and given him more assistance/understanding than most players would get and the accusation that the club didn't support him when he had serious family issues I don't believe .Football clubs are renowned in supporting players who are going through difficult personal issues and are valued.

Piers Morgan has exploited this scenario, he is a master of using celebs to promote himself. He asks the questions in a way to get the answers he wants. Its part of a common interview technique. I did the same in my years in the media.

Morgan needed this interview, his ratings have tanked and he is also being paid mega bucks to produce ratings and not delivering, not at all surprised its came with the usual "teaser "clips, its very cynical.

Lastly Ronaldo uses the term that he was "Betrayed". Accepting English is not his first language that's an accusation without any visual or verbal evidence. His agent and support staff are unusually quiet.

Sad way to end at the club where his career really took off, he might one day regret it. 

You're missing the point. Those quotes aren't real.

19 hours ago, NE1 said:

There is that possibility , it was not from an official MUFC source.

sure who else would write sxxt like that... as I said before, there are always 2 versions, ETH disrespected the guy when asking him to go in with 2 minutes left to play, a "smart" coach doesn't do that to an experienced player, maybe to waste time he will but with younger inexperienced players... one thing for sure Ronaldo just repeated what many have been saying about the Glazers  not caring about the club and that's not from MUFC source but from fans/supporters of the good game

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sure who else would write sxxt like that... as I said before, there are always 2 versions, ETH disrespected the guy when asking him to go in with 2 minutes left to play, a "smart" coach doesn't do that to an experienced player, maybe to waste time he will but with younger inexperienced players... one thing for sure Ronaldo just repeated what many have been saying about the Glazers  not caring about the club and that's not from MUFC source but from fans/supporters of the good game

Normal "supporters of the good game" can put their own opinions forward without pretending to be someone else 

17 hours ago, owl sees all said:

After watching him this season, I think the number one thing, on the pitch, is the sharp deterioration of 'off the mark' pace. Once he gets going he can still easily match others, but his early pace has gone. As it does when you are approaching 40.

Off the pitch, he is simply living on past hero-worship. His present ego is 5 years in the past. When he was 32 and arguably the best player in the world, he was treated as such. Perhaps he still craves that adoration.

The United fans deserve better.

Yup he's definitely lost half a yard, or more like 2!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, owl sees all said:

After watching him this season, I think the number one thing, on the pitch, is the sharp deterioration of 'off the mark' pace. Once he gets going he can still easily match others, but his early pace has gone. As it does when you are approaching 40.

Off the pitch, he is simply living on past hero-worship. His present ego is 5 years in the past. When he was 32 and arguably the best player in the world, he was treated as such. Perhaps he still craves that adoration.

The United fans deserve better.

did you read the story about his personal/family problems, the guy lost a kid and the other one was in critical condition, ETH didn't give a damn about the guy's family issues, ETH attitude dealing with him is doubtable/questionable.... sure he's no longer top notch but at his age he can easily score + then 20 goals a season, who else at MU can do that

29 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

did you read the story about his personal/family problems, the guy lost a kid and the other one was in critical condition, ETH didn't give a damn about the guy's family issues, ETH attitude dealing with him is doubtable/questionable.... sure he's no longer top notch but at his age he can easily score + then 20 goals a season, who else at MU can do that

Tricky one that Mavi. We have only heard his side. I can't see any club not being compassionate about a player losing a child and another one being very ill. City and Pep gave David Silva all the time in the world off when his child was sick. Told not to come back till he was ready. I just can't see United being any different. We should wait to hear their official view.

Ronaldo hasn't been 100% honest about his City link either. City have totally distanced themselves from his version of events.

Manchester City say they were not as close to signing Cristiano Ronaldo as he says they were.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronaldo-man-city-transfer-united-25537879

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Tricky one that Mavi. We have only heard his side. I can't see any club not being compassionate about a player losing a child and another one being very ill. City and Pep gave David Silva all the time in the world off when his child was sick. Told not to come back till he was ready. I just can't see United being any different. We should wait to hear their official view.

Ronaldo hasn't been 100% honest about his City link either. City have totally distanced themselves from his version of events.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronaldo-man-city-transfer-united-25537879

Feels weird saying this but I completely agree

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

why is MU not contradicting Ronaldo's statements.... they keep saying yest but nothing. I came about a Portuguese news reporter where Ronaldo says it all and using google translate it appears the guy was left unchecked, some people from MU management even doubt about the death of his kid.... City has Pep, a guy with principles and respect for family matters, ETH is not Pep and look at the guy (personally) he has a face that I won't trust.... but that's me

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

ETH didn't give a damn about the guy's family issues, ETH attitude dealing with him is doubtable/questionable....

Pure & utter boll ox, as per usual from you. Do you have any proof to back up your ridiculous statement or are you just speculating on something you "Read" somewhere, wherever you are ???

EtH gave him the whole pre season OFF - Even after he walked off early, he still made him captain against Villa - Imo, EtH has been very fair & accommodating with Ronaldo - The only thing that is "Questionable", is why Ronaldo thinks that he is bigger than the club ???

EtH is the boss & he'll be here a lot longer than Ronaldo.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, RedArmy said:

EtH is the boss & he'll be here a lot longer than Ronaldo.

Contract terminated - All the best Ronnie but after watching your interview with your boyfriend Morgan, from a personal point of view, it was clear to see that not only have you become delusional, but you have also not come to terms with your own decline.

At 37 years old, you've had an amazing career but its time to stop living in the past & just accept it - You are not the best player in the world anymore.

I hope United give your number 7 shirt to Garnacho - He's our future & you are our past.

Better off in the MLS, much slower pace, suit you down to the ground.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 2:57 AM, RedArmy said:

Contract terminated - All the best Ronnie but after watching your interview with your boyfriend Morgan, from a personal point of view, it was clear to see that not only have you become delusional, but you have also not come to terms with your own decline.

At 37 years old, you've had an amazing career but its time to stop living in the past & just accept it - You are not the best player in the world anymore.

I hope United give your number 7 shirt to Garnacho - He's our future & you are our past.

Better off in the MLS, much slower pace, suit you down to the ground.

Giving the 7 to Garnacho would be a huge call. But I guess he's not that much younger than Ron was when he got it.

Wish Ronaldo all the best. And wouldn't be surprised if he had a great world cup 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

And wouldn't be surprised if he had a great world cup 

I can't see him doing anything great at the World Cup - Maybe score a penalty or 2 but other than that, i think he's past it at the top level. I will be observing his performances closely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I can't see him doing anything great at the World Cup - Maybe score a penalty or 2 but other than that, i think he's past it at the top level. I will be observing his performances closely.

Me too. Will be interesting to see how he does. Martinez didn't get off to the best start! But I believe he came on as sub so can't be entirely blamed.

What do we think about the United players in the tournament so far? Pellistri was pretty anonymous for Uruguay. Malacia not playing for Holland and Antony on the bench for Brazil. I wonder if Lisandro Martinez will start the next game for ARG

On 11/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, RickG16 said:

You're missing the point. Those quotes aren't real.

Rick what "quotes" aren't real ? watched the whole tedious interview. Ronaldo, spoon fed by Morgan, said he was "Betrayed" but of course failed to back it up with any pertinent details or evidence.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Rick what "quotes" aren't real ? watched the whole tedious interview. Ronaldo, spoon fed by Morgan, said he was "Betrayed" but of course failed to back it up with any pertinent details or evidence.

The Ten Hag 'response' quotes somebody posted up previously weren't real. I think they were from Facebook