The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Well had some medical time out, haven't seen the games only highlights, dropping points at the death not a help but moving in the right direction under ETH.

Hoping we see Sancho tonight but imperative to put the game to bed early with a strong team.

Not good, but not unexpected news, on Erikson, that's his season gone. Erikson is a classy performer great vision and ability to change a game ,huge loss no matter how the new signing goes.

What a low life Andy Carroll is, one of the worst tackles you could ever see against a fellow pro.     Time to hang up your boots before you break someone's leg. What will he get 3 weeks suspension ? when Erikson loses the rest of the season. 

Agreed about Carroll. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just watched a replay and a satisfying performance in last night game, albeit against a weakened NF.

The style ETH has them playing in only 6 months makes watching games a pleasure and it shows in the players body language and its not just about winning its about enjoying playing. Sancho in a brief cameo looked a lot leaner and enthusiastic, whatever was on his mind before his break we may never know but seems he can now contribute. Pressing overall is outstanding

Barring injuries MU do have a chance of top 4 and I would be happy with that ,it shows progress.

Newcastle will be a very difficult game with both clubs pretty desperate to win a trophy, any trophy.

Watched Casemiro closely last night, his movement and vision is something else, whoever got his signature deserves a medal. Hope Heaton holds his position for the final, deserves it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Hope Heaton holds his position for the final, deserves it.

Why does he deserve it ??? He's only played in 2 games during this cup run & wasn't even in the squad for 2 of our matches - It's a Cup Final, DdG is our number 1 so he's sure to start.

Mason Greenwood charges dropped.........https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-64502021 

I hope the lad can put it all behind him , and return to full time training and eventually back in the first team.

He will still face abuse on the terraces , so he has to return mentaly strong.

He has been a big loss to our team .

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Jeeez you are like a dog with a bone, obviously too much time on your hands ,try knitting

You are obviously not aware of the banter between Redarmy, Ricky and myself when they come into the City topic. If you don't understand banter try reading up on it before poking your nose in ????

52 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Mason Greenwood charges dropped.........https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-64502021 

I hope the lad can put it all behind him , and return to full time training and eventually back in the first team.

He will still face abuse on the terraces , so he has to return mentaly strong.

He has been a big loss to our team .

United are carrying out an internal investigation first. 

6 hours ago, NE1 said:

It won't be as easy as that I'm afraid - Noone knows what his mental health is like or if he even wants to come back to United - What do his team mates think ??? Will they welcome him with open arms ??? Does EtH want him back ??? What do the sponsors think ??? So many questions to answer - The United fanbase seems to be currently divided on this & unfortunately, there will be no winners - I can't see him back in a United shirt anytime soon - Best case scenario, he gets some professional help, returns to full time training, trains for the next 5 months, goes on pre season tour & returns next season.

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Best case scenario, he gets some professional help, returns to full time training, trains for the next 5 months, goes on pre season tour & returns next season.

That was my thinking , I didn't expect him to be playing anytime this season.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

United are carrying out an internal investigation first. 

Will be interesting to see what statement United put out. If the sponsers don't want him back anywhere near United, they could either choose to terminate his contract or sell him abroad - The kid is only 21 years old, the case was dropped, but unfortunately, due to social media, everyone heard the tapes & saw the pictures - This issue is very very complexed indeed - Even though the law says innocent untill proven guilty, he will always have that stigma attached to his name - Has he got the mental strength to overcome this ??? Only time will tell.

Personally, i can't see him ever playing for United again, although i hope I'm wrong.

Maybe better for Mason to move abroad & try to resurrect his career elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Will be interesting to see what statement United put out. If the sponsers don't want him back anywhere near United, they could either choose to terminate his contract or sell him abroad - The kid is only 21 years old, the case was dropped, but unfortunately, due to social media, everyone heard the tapes & saw the pictures - This issue is very very complexed indeed - Even though the law says innocent untill proven guilty, he will always have that stigma attached to his name - Has he got the mental strength to overcome this ??? Only time will tell.

Personally, i can't see him ever playing for United again, although i hope I'm wrong.

Maybe better for Mason to move abroad & try to resurrect his career elsewhere.

Totally agree with your summary. Social media are all saying the same thing, the key witness pulled out and they all reckon she was paid off.  Unfortunately, the CPS are left with no alternative but to drop it.

Bit nail biting after Casemeiro got sent off.

Well done to the team for hanging on.

I think we also need somebody else to take the penalties . 

I am not a fan of the Bruno run up and speed of the ball.

The keeper only has to guess the right way and it is an easy save.

We still need another goalscorer , can't rely on Rashford all the time.

31 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I think we also need somebody else to take the penalties . 

But he scored.

Where was Martial ??? He's been out for ages, came off the bench midweek & scored, but injured again already - This guy is hardly ever available, time to offload - Maybe offer him to Spurs as part of a deal for Kane ???

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

But he scored.

Where was Martial ??? He's been out for ages, came off the bench midweek & scored, but injured again already - This guy is hardly ever available, time to offload - Maybe offer him to Spurs as part of a deal for Kane ???

Don't know why Spurs would want him though. Literally always injured like you say. It's a shame because he's always shown flashes of brilliance. Best to plan without him and move on.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:15 AM, mrbojangles said:

You are obviously not aware of the banter between Redarmy, Ricky and myself when they come into the City topic. If you don't understand banter try reading up on it before poking your nose in ????

I quite understand true banter, since I played my first competitive game in 1952. Banter should be amusing, yours is far from it, Its a jealous obsession for you with MU, fermented over many years.

I can understand your frustration. MU being a bigger club ,largest fan base in the world, largest ground capacity in the EPL, a ground which is always full, more trophies and more football history than your club  could ever dream of and more to come

To your credit, your regular updates (banter ?) of the leaking roof at OT seem to have evaporated it must have stopped raining.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I quite understand true banter, since I played my first competitive game in 1952. Banter should be amusing, yours is far from it, Its a jealous obsession for you with MU, fermented over many years.

I can understand your frustration. MU being a bigger club ,largest fan base in the world, largest ground capacity in the EPL, a ground which is always full, more trophies and more football history than your club  could ever dream of and more to come

To your credit, your regular updates (banter ?) of the leaking roof at OT seem to have evaporated it must have stopped raining.

And you are quite the bore. I know United are a bigger club, I grew up in the area but you lot get tender about not being at the top of the pile anymore. Tis you whom I think has the jealousy now "how dare someone knock United off their perch"!! Typical RAG in your glory.

Now, if you wonder why I come in here, firstly it's a forum and this thread isn't limited to just United fans. You don't get to dictate who can say what in any topic, as long as they stay within the forum rules ANYONE can post in here whether you like or loathe them or find them "jealous and obsessive". Secondly, if you look in the City topic and see what litter both your United friends post in there, I think I am quite within my rights to retort in here. If you don't like what I have to say then scroll on past.

Looking like the Glazer era is finally coming to an end ????

Whats your thoughts on our new ownership ???

Sir Jim Ratcliffe ???

Qatar ???

Another American consortium ???

The United fanbase seems to be quite divided on this - 

Ratcliffe - Has he really got the money to not only buy United, but to also invest in a new stadium & a new Training complex ??? I don't think so - He's currently using JP Morgan to assist with the purchase - The same company who agreed to bankroll the new European Soccer League - Many United fans prefer him as he's a "Local lad" & a so called United fan - Don't forget, he tried to buy Chelsea & he's a Chelsea season ticket holder - Lots of Red flags with this guy & personally, i see him as just an English version of the Glazers - No thanks.

Another American consortium - After 18 years of American ownership, more of the same will cause riots at Old Trafford - No thank you, you are not welcome at Old Trafford.

Qatar - Some don't agree with Oil based states owning our football clubs, but it seems to me that to get back to the top & be on a level footing with the likes of City & PSG, this is the only way to go - They not only have the money to purchase United & invest in players, but they would also have the money to build a new stadium & other infrastructure around United.

It's a difficult one & obviously the fans will have no voice in this as the Glazers will sell to the highest bidder anyway, but it would be nice to hear of any potential bidders 5 year plan for United.

Personally, i think that if the Qatar's really want United, they will blow all other potential buyers out of the water - Ratcliffe won't be prepared to overpay whereas the Qatar's will pay whatever it takes.

LUHG

• Like 1

Load of cobblers -  Why haven't they secured an "Investor" already ??? Who in their right mind would give the Glazers money for such a small percentage ??? Especially given the current state of our "Infrastructure" ??? It ain't gonna happen.

Imo, it will be a full sale of United & i can see it happening within the next 12 weeks.

Battled well last night , not a fan of Maguire , but apart from that one mistake I thought he had a good game.

ETH made some good tactical changes , dropping the big man into midfield and Rashford going down the middle .

Martinez bought a bit of calm to the back and also has a good eye for a pass.

I was pleased for Garnacho , well taken goal.

Unfortunately Sancho doesn't look like he has improved.

Edited by NE1

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Battled well last night , not a fan of Maguire , but apart from that one mistake I thought he had a good game.

Are you serious mate ? One mistake ??? Did you watch the match ???

I counted at least 5 times in the 2nd half, he kicked the ball straight to a Leeds player - Him & Fred have no futures at OT.