The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Not a great performance but the win was comfortable. Never been a lover of the league cup, more an opportunity to show the Geordies whose boss!

Yeah, a bit fortunate with the goals I thought. Casemiro's looked like he pushed the Newcastle defender in the back (also touch and go on the offside) and Rashford's was a fortunate deflection but despite that, they probably deserved to win it overall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah, a bit fortunate with the goals I thought. Casemiro's looked like he pushed the Newcastle defender in the back (also touch and go on the offside) and Rashford's was a fortunate deflection but despite that, they probably deserved to win it overall.

Ooo not a bad match report!

Assuming you didn't copy and paste from somewhere...

Will give you the benefit of the doubt 

'He believes I'm a top centre-half' - Manchester United captain Harry Maguire opens up on Erik ten Hag talks

Harry Maguire has struggled for regular starts at Man Utd under Erik ten Hag but he still has a good relationship with the manager.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Who else saw Maguire throw a mufc scarf to the ground? 

I saw him take the scarf off & throw it onto the table as he walked up the Wembley steps - I thought it was strange at the time - No drama though, he won't be getting one next season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Definitely an own goal. The view from behind the far post (at 0:15) clearly shows it was going a couple of metres wide.

I actually agree with you, although - We don't really care who was credited with the goal - A goal is a goal and hey, We won the Cup ????

On 2/28/2023 at 4:59 PM, RedArmy said:

I actually agree with you, although - We don't really care who was credited with the goal - A goal is a goal and hey, We won the Cup ????e

Exactly. Who honestly gives a <deleted> of it was an own goal or not. Not us and not Newcastle 

• Thumbs Up 1

Manchester United player ratings vs West Ham as Casemiro and Alejandro Garnacho good

Man United beat West Ham United in the FA Cup fifth round and here are how the players rated at Old Trafford.

Makes me wonder if Sam Luckhurst watches the same game as me, 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-garnacho-26365981

• Like 1

That was hard work watching the 1st half, but hey, we got there in the end - Fulham at home in the 1/4 finals.

Lindolof taking all the goal kicks, passing to De Gea who passes it to Maguire, who passes it to Lindolof, who passes it back to De Gea - I can't stand this, it wasn't very productive at all & quite frustrating to watch in that 1st half.

Hopefully Varane & Martinez start on Sunday as a left footed center back is essential to give us that balance at the back - Garnacho man of the match, cracking injury time winner (Again), this kid is special - majestic 1st touch & always looking to take on the defender & go past him - Full of confidence - Give him the number 7 shirt ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

That was hard work watching the 1st half, but hey, we got there in the end - Fulham at home in the 1/4 finals.

Lindolof taking all the goal kicks, passing to De Gea who passes it to Maguire, who passes it to Lindolof, who passes it back to De Gea - I can't stand this, it wasn't very productive at all & quite frustrating to watch in that 1st half.

Hopefully Varane & Martinez start on Sunday as a left footed center back is essential to give us that balance at the back - Garnacho man of the match, cracking injury time winner (Again), this kid is special - majestic 1st touch & always looking to take on the defender & go past him - Full of confidence - Give him the number 7 shirt ????

Martinez and Varane are just so much more comfortable on the ball. Watching the other 2 is like a throwback to the Ole and Mourinho era's. Not the worse centre backs in the world but not the best either.

Not sure how high the bar is for the number 7 shirt these days.... I know Ronaldo got it at 17 yrs old but it if we are comparing 17 yr olds I think Ronaldo was ahead at that age. Don't get me wrong, I think Garnacho is an exciting player. I just think us United fans fall head over heels for a pacey winger sometimes, when actually he'll need a lot more to his game to reach the very top! I know... He is a good finisher and passer too. But whether the number 7 would do more harm than good I'm not sure.

Edited by RickG16

If Greenwood don't come back, maybe give him the number 11 shirt instead ???

I know its early days & the kids only 18 & I'm in no way comparing him to Ronaldo, but there is no doubt in my mind, this kid is gonna reach the very top of his profession - Won't be long until Madrid come calling.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure how high the bar is for the number 7 shirt these days.... 

Didn't Michael Owen wear the number 7 shirt ??? If it's good enough for him, its certainly good enough for Garnacho.

6 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I know its early days & the kids only 18 & I'm in no way comparing him to Ronaldo, but there is no doubt in my mind, this kid is gonna reach the very top of his profession - Won't be long until Madrid come calling.

He's had a good couple of months. But what makes you think he'll be any better than say a Januzaj, who also had a good few months then disppeared into thin air.

I think he is great. Just hoping he is not a flash in the pan. And we've seen many of them before. 

7 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

And yeah very interesting to see what happens with Greenwood. Be very surprised if he doesn't go abroad. 

40 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

No, not yet it could be the Kiss of Death, 

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And yeah very interesting to see what happens with Greenwood. Be very surprised if he doesn't go abroad. 

How do you guys feel about Greenwood? What a shame we are crying out for a No9 I think he would thrive in this squad, 

• Like 1