The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I never said England 'Mr Farang'.

And not having the best season in Manchester? Can you remind which trophy City won?

Anyway thanks for your contribution Mr Farang

I'm confused, you said that apart from Arsenal ye were having the best season, then referenced winning silverware as the measure you were using, but Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 2020

3 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I'm confused, you said that apart from Arsenal ye were having the best season, then referenced winning silverware as the measure you were using, but Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 2020

Not the first time a farang has been left exposed and confused.....

Arsenal are leading the PL, so safe to say they are having the best season. Out of us in 3rd and City in 2nd, I think the Carabao Cup gives us the edge.

Sorry if you still don't get it, you're on your own now. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not the first time a farang has been left exposed and confused.....

Arsenal are leading the PL, so safe to say they are having the best season. Out of us in 3rd and City in 2nd, I think the Carabao Cup gives us the edge.

Sorry if you still don't get it, you're on your own now. 

You're clutching at straws

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Congratulations to Marcus Rashford on yet another Player of the month award.

Also to our Manager, Erik ten Hag on yet another Manager of the month award.

And DdG on his Save of the month award ????

Obviously doesn't take into account you whooping last week. They'll get "embarrassment of the month season decade" awards for that

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Obviously doesn't take into account you whooping last week.

Obviously, especially given that it was the month of February accolades ????

Keep digging though, as we have already moved on from that, as you could see from our midweek performance in the Europa Cup ????

Football is played 7 days a week brother - Not biting at all - We both know that United will be playing Champions league football next season.

The 1st trophy of the season is already residing at Old Trafford & i wouldn't be surprised if we bag another one - At least ????

• Like 1

Masterstroke!

Great performance and well deserved. We kept our heads very well. Good saves by DDG.

Just wonder what's happened to the Shaw at centre back thing? Surely that's a better bet than Maguire if Varane is injured?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Just wonder what's happened to the Shaw at centre back thing? Surely that's a better bet than Maguire if Varane is injured?

I think they were worried Shaw might not have been able to handle Mitrović , point proved on Fulham's goal by Mitrović .

But if that was the case why was Shaw marking him from the corner which they scored from.....

Maguire is more Mitrović's size , why wasn't he assigned to him.....

Puzzler

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Masterstroke!

Great performance and well deserved. We kept our heads very well. Good saves by DDG.

I spoke to a mate of mine who was at the game he sits right in line with the goal area, they saw it right away the handball what he did say about the first half how everyone was screaming at Maguire to get rid of the ball, trying to play a side way pass, anyway thanks Fulham

• Like 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

I spoke to a mate of mine who was at the game he sits right in line with the goal area, they saw it right away the handball what he did say about the first half how everyone was screaming at Maguire to get rid of the ball, trying to play a side way pass, anyway thanks Fulham

I spoke with another guy I know sits up in the Stretford end and they couldn't see it was handball 

35 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I spoke with another guy I know sits up in the Stretford end and they couldn't see it was handball 

The replay on a few clips clearly showed it to be handball, so the referee made the right decision in the end.

What I didn't see was why Mitrovic was given the red card??

Edited by xylophone

30 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The replay on a few clips clearly showed it to be handball, so the referee made the right decision in the end.

What I didn't see was why Mitrovic was given the red card??

That could have got nasty, 

Fulham were the better team for long periods of the match - Crazy ending with 3 red cards in 60 seconds - DdG really kept us in it with 3 or 4 top saves - The Reds go marching on & on our way to Wembley again ????

• Like 2

This is a great channel for footy nostalgia. I recommend subscribing. I remember listening to this game on the radio (possibly GMR or Piccadilly 1152) and remember being quite chuffed to hear it. Way  before the days when every single European game was on BT Sport (not forgetting the Channel 5 years)

Anyone remember Utd at home to Everton, late 70"s ??? Was lucky if you could get the 2nd half commentary on Radio 2 - I always carried an old-school transistor radio with me - Was on the train, on my way to visit my Uncle in the big house with my family - Radio in hand - Up stepped Utd's number 6 super late in the game, outside the box - Martin Buchan banged one into the top corner from outside the box to win the match - I went mad on the train - Now that's what i call " Nostalgia:" - I can't remember a goal that big Martin ever scored again ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Anyone remember Utd at home to Everton, late 70"s ??? Was lucky if you could get the 2nd half commentary on Radio 2 - I always carried an old-school transistor radio with me - Was on the train, on my way to visit my Uncle in the big house with my family - Radio in hand - Up stepped Utd's number 6 super late in the game, outside the box - Martin Buchan banged one into the top corner from outside the box to win the match - I went mad on the train - Now that's what i call " Nostalgia:" - I can't remember a goal that big Martin ever scored again ????

Is 90s not old enough to be called nostalgia then? ???? It was the best I could do lol

Taking off the nostalgia specs for a minute, I'm interested to know.... How did a centre back like Buchan from when we were <deleted> compare to Maguire? Could Maguire have got a game for the 1970s United?

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Taking off the nostalgia specs for a minute, I'm interested to know.... How did a centre back like Buchan from when we were <deleted> compare to Maguire? Could Maguire have got a game for the 1970s United?

When i think back & reminisce about Buchan, it brings a smile to my face - When i think about Maguire wearing a United shirt, i feel like crying - I don't think he would have got a game for United in the 70's. United players always showed spirit, determination, heart, passion, desire & would always fight for the shirt - Maguire lacks a lot of these qualities imo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

Used to stand in the Stretford end in the mid to late 70s.

They were great times - I first stood in the Stretford End in 1979 - My all time favourite player Sammy Mcilroy banged in the winner down our end.

• Like 1