The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Paul Mitchell confirms he will leave Monaco amid links to Manchester United recruitment role

Paul Mitchell was linked with a move to Man United last season after the club appointed Ralf Rangnick as interim manager.

On 3/24/2023 at 7:32 AM, ChipButty said:

Who is Thomas Zilliacus? Surprise bidder for Manchester United profiled

Thomas Zilliacus is the latest party to disclose he has made a bid to buy Man United from the Glazer family

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-takeover-thomas-zilliacus-26541064 

His business model is a complete non-starter.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like you've won something else lads

You've won back the title from Liverpool ????

What PL club have the most disliked fans?

Top 5 Most Disliked Fans

Manchester United – 19.9%

Liverpool – 15.61%

Chelsea – 9.18%

Arsenal – 8.82%

Leeds – 6.56%

https://www.givemesport.com/man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-chelsea-what-pl-club-have-the-most-disliked-fans/

• Love It 1

Anyone else read the article on Greenwood in The Athletic.

Not sure if it has been leaked by the club in anticipation of him being let go, but it doesn't look good. His attitude towards senior players is said to be "aloof" and he was having regular parties during Covid lockdown.... among other stuff

The annoying this is he is an amazing talent! Maybe only comparable to Rooney in recent years in terms of his potential.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure if it has been leaked by the club in anticipation of him being let go, but it doesn't look good. His attitude towards senior players is said to be "aloof" and he was having regular parties during Covid lockdown.... among other stuff

The annoying this is he is an amazing talent! Maybe only comparable to Rooney in recent years in terms of his potential.

I will read it later, a few of the fan channels talked about it, 

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Told you it was he who was leading Foden astray when in Norway was it?

19 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What's that supposed to mean?

The idiot shoved a referee, I think he deserves whatever's coming to him.

Kavanagh deliberately chose not to use var when offences were made in the Utd penalty area, or when Antony kicked out twice at a defender, but couldn't wait to rush over to see an obvious handball. No issue with the handball, although he had originally signalled for a corner..

But this ref has been well dodgy in previous Fulham games, which was partly what caused the frustration shown towards him.

Anyway the FA are happy and looking forward to the all-Manchester final

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Kavanagh deliberately chose not to use var when offences were made in the Utd penalty area, or when Antony kicked out twice at a defender, but couldn't wait to rush over to see an obvious handball. No issue with the handball, although he had originally signalled for a corner..

But this ref has been well dodgy in previous Fulham games, which was partly what caused the frustration shown towards him.

Anyway the FA are happy and looking forward to the all-Manchester final

Ah so it's a ridiculous conspiracy theory you were hinting at.

Yes, it's true you support a nice little club by the river that nobody cares about. But to suggest that bigger clubs can somehow influence referees in this day and age is stupid.

Also stupid was the handball in the first place. You should have just let the ball go in, you would've been 1-1 with 11 v 11 with everything to play for.

Sorry, if you can't control your players on the pitch you don't deserve to be anywhere near a semi final. The deeper you get in a competition the cooler heads you need. The fact is you were way out of your depth and blew it.

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Iceland is considered upmarket in Bolton I've heard. It's like your equivalent of Waitrose.

You're not wrong. M&S are pulling out of Bolton town centre. The outskirts are the places to be. Like Bury.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

You're not wrong. M&S are pulling out of Bolton town centre. The outskirts are the places to be. Like Bury.

I lived in Bury for a few years, My daughter was born there, she still kept an house in Bromley Cross some old mill project, couple of years ago she moved out to Haslingdon, it's nice where she lives, 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I lived in Bury for a few years, My daughter was born there, she still kept an house in Bromley Cross some old mill project, couple of years ago she moved out to Haslingdon, it's nice where she lives, 

Hope she isn't married to my nephew. ????He married a girl from Bury and moved to Haslingdon a couple of years ago

Absolutely agree that McTominay would be ten times better than Weghorst up front. He has always been one to run into the six yard and hoping to latch on to a low cross. This is where Weghorst is terrible and exposed as slow and awkward. McTominay does need to work on passing and who better than Benni McCarthy to help him refine his skills. If he can score four goals at the International level, he can do it at the local level. I wonder if ETH has given it some thought?

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Big Sam lives in Bromley Cross - it's in Bolton BTW.

The Mason Greenwood story keeps rumbling on What do you guys think should happen? On United Stand last night 62% voted he should be allowed to play, If they terminate his contract they have to pay him 8 million pounds, Seems like United are left holding the baby here.