The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 3/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, ChipButty said:

Paul Mitchell confirms he will leave Monaco amid links to Manchester United recruitment role

Paul Mitchell was linked with a move to Man United last season after the club appointed Ralf Rangnick as interim manager.

Will he still be in Eastenders though?

18 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Absolutely shocking performance.

Strange decisions with all the substitutions as well. 

Agreed. Missing Casimero (more so) and Erickssen desperately.

Sancho has no future, McTominay will never be good enough, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sabitzer and Weghourst aren't there next season.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'd take that record as an honest club rather than 'winning' anything while fiddling the books.

Says you fiddling lot, with almost a billion of debt. You're using someone elses money to fund your clubs activities. Explain the difference in terms of ethics

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Says you fiddling lot, with almost a billion of debt. You're using someone elses money to fund your clubs activities. Explain the difference in terms of ethics

We are able to borrow as much as we want because for years we've turned over a massive profit.

Anyway I'm not getting into this. Having a boring day as it is. 

• Haha 1

Terrible against Newcastle. Could have been 5 or 6.

Should be an interesting run in to see who gets top 4. I thought United were pretty much guaranteed a top 4 spot a few weeks ago but it looks like it could be close after 1 point from a possible 9.

image.png.43df1e25e063c59a3df6b9592d68ee17.png

I say United still get third or fourth, which given their current status as a cup team, would be a good season given their Carabao cup success. A bit fortunate that Liverpool and Chelsea self destructed though.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:35 PM, JonnyF said:

Terrible against Newcastle. Could have been 5 or 6.

Should be an interesting run in to see who gets top 4. I thought United were pretty much guaranteed a top 4 spot a few weeks ago but it looks like it could be close after 1 point from a possible 9.

image.png.43df1e25e063c59a3df6b9592d68ee17.png

I say United still get third or fourth, which given their current status as a cup team, would be a good season given their Carabao cup success. A bit fortunate that Liverpool and Chelsea self destructed though.

Look at you... Finding the league table all on your own.

Were other teams "fortunate" when we imploded in previous years then? There's nothing fortunate about it. The league table doesn't lie.

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Look at you... Finding the league table all on your own.

Were other teams "fortunate" when we imploded in previous years then? There's nothing fortunate about it. The league table doesn't lie.

Nah. United's implosion was down to very poor choice of managers.

Ten Hag seems more promising. You might even finish ahead of Brighton if you pull your finger out. Top 4 and the Carabao cup, that's a great season for Utd these days. 

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

While Chelsea obviously made a great choice in manager didn't they ????

In fairness to Chelsea they didn't wait 2 and a half years to get rid of him, like Utd did with Solskjaer.

I guess that's why they haven't been waiting 11 years for a league title or 15 years for a Champions League title.

But hey, the Carabao Cup is still really good. Kind of like a medal for "taking part" ????.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone remember the kid Amad Diallo that we signed from Atlanta ??? Currently out on loan at Sunderland & scored another 2 goals last night. He's having a fantastic season for the Black Cats & has banged in loads of goals for them. I hope Erik is keeping tabs on him because this kid is special - He's got to be in our 1st team squad for next season - Small kid, but has such a sweet left foot.

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Small kid, but has such a sweet left foot.

Because of his stature , I think he will go the way of Angel Gomez.

He too was an excellent footballer , had a couple of first team games then loaned out.

I think he signed for Lille in the end.

19 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Because of his stature , I think he will go the way of Angel Gomez.

He was the youngest ever player to play for United at 16 years old - I agree, we all had huge hopes for him but imo, this Diallo kid is 10 times better, he's special - If he can grow physically & mentally, he will be in our 1st team squad for sure - I think he's got enough attributes to fit into our team right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NE1 said:

We need somebody to share the goal load with Rashford .

Totally agree - Martial is my favourite player, but the guy is always injured, gotta go - Surely recoup 30M for him - 30M for Henderson too - 30M for Maguire - That's 90M back - Send 130M to Naples for their star man & that's a solid piece of business - 3 players we dont need off the wage bill & 1 player in that we desperately need.

Worst case scenario - Do a deal for Kane & include Henderson & Martial in part exchange - Lots of options this summer but we gotta get a world class number 9.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NE1 said:

I would also like to see Jao Felix in our midfield , as an attacking midfielder , I think he is better than anything we have at the moment .

I like Felix a lot & would love to see him in a United shirt - Just seen that Maguire is starting today  - Watch him closely & see just how much he slows the game down - Even i can see the simple pass 10 minutes before he does - He takes far too many unnecessary touches on the ball - Put your Mortgage money on him getting a a card today.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Totally agree - Martial is my favourite player, but the guy is always injured, gotta go - Surely recoup 30M for him - 30M for Henderson too - 30M for Maguire - That's 90M back - Send 130M to Naples for their star man & that's a solid piece of business - 3 players we dont need off the wage bill & 1 player in that we desperately need.

Worst case scenario - Do a deal for Kane & include Henderson & Martial in part exchange - Lots of options this summer but we gotta get a world class number 9.

Some good suggestions there, and whatever happens there has to be a clear out of the players you have mentioned, as well as others in the squad, to recoup some money and build a leaner/meaner squad.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, NE1 said:

We need somebody to share the goal load with Rashford .

they had Ronaldo (usually 25-30 goals per season), he was not good enough.... ETH decided to replace him and thought Weghorst was the perfect one, how many goals has he scored so far?? 1 ......  555

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/erik-ten-hag-s-wout-weghorst-decision-was-justified-but-he-must-be-ruthless-for-manchester-united-run-in/ar-AA19C4ae

They say the best ability is availability but at a club like Manchester United, simply being fit will only get you so far.

For the 12 weeks that Wout Weghorst has been a United player, he has certainly been available. The Dutchman had started 19 consecutive games across four competitions between his January 14 arrival and Wednesday, when he was eventually dropped to the bench for a 1-0 win over Brentford.

On 4/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, RickG16 said:

Agreed. Missing Casimero (more so) and Erickssen desperately.

Sancho has no future, McTominay will never be good enough, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sabitzer and Weghourst aren't there next season.

u got it right this time  555

On 4/8/2023 at 5:48 PM, NE1 said:

I would also like to see Jao Felix in our midfield , as an attacking midfielder , I think he is better than anything we have at the moment .

heard some time ago Felix is not a fan of ETH and MU.... very little chance he will make that move, he will fit perfectly at City where his friends Dias/ Bernardo are, they played together at Benfica including Cancelo