The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/22/2023 at 3:32 PM, RickG16 said:

Pretty good until the final para.... We don't need 'a new back 4'. We need better back up defenders. You might have noticed that was our second string (I'm sure you did ????????) and DDG might be out as well suggests you might have read some speculation over the past couple of days. It's OK if you want to regurgitate things you've read, but just note they might not all be true.

Well, you have the worst defensive record in the top 4. You can't blame a poor record over 30 games on playing your second string in one game. Looking at goals scored (also the worst in the top 4) they might be interested in some new forwards or attacking midfielders as well. That goal difference is shocking. Maybe a bit fortunate to be in the top 4? I've felt for a while their results in the league have been better than their performances.

If you want to compete with City, you'll have to do more than buy some backup defenders.

image.png.acd58eaab137ad99a558c0d1e3b17e84.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, you have the worst defensive record in the top 4. You can't blame a poor record over 30 games on playing your second string in one game. Looking at goals scored (also the worst in the top 4) they might be interested in some new forwards or attacking midfielders as well. That goal difference is shocking. Maybe a bit fortunate to be in the top 4? I've felt for a while their results in the league have been better than their performances.

If you want to compete with City, you'll have to do more than buy some backup defenders.

image.png.acd58eaab137ad99a558c0d1e3b17e84.png

I'm aware of the table lol....

I think most United fans wouldn't claim to be better than the 4th best team in the country. That's the level we are at now and of course we will be looking to improve. If we can get 4th and a couple of trophies that's a good season at this point. 

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Of course I hope we win at Wembley, but I fear for our chances because of the way that City are playing, so I hope it's not a right royal thrashing! Fingers crossed.

We beat them already this season & we can beat them again - Have faith brother ????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2023 at 4:22 PM, RedArmy said:

Go where ?? Who's gonna pay him the kind of wages that he's on at United ??

Well, perhaps there is a team out there who will pay him similar wages, especially after the fantastic saves he pulled off against Nottingham Forest – – he had a great game overall.

Having said that, perhaps staying at United is not a bad solution after all?

In total control of that match for the 1st 45 minutes, 2-0 up, should have killed them off - Bruno was unlucky not to put us 3-1 up when he hit the bar - I think that 120 minutes at Wembley on Sunday took its toll as we looked very tired in the 2nd half - Interesting to see that Maguire wasn't even in the squad ?? How much longer must we endure watching Fred giving the ball away ??? 

2 points dropped or 1 point gained ??? We are still in a great position for a top 4 spot, so all is not lost, but we gotta beat Villa on Sunday ????

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Should be a walk over shouldn't it? After all, United are back aren't they!!

No such thing as "Walkovers" any more in the Premier League - Villa are on the up & are pushing for Europe.

You keeping pushing the same narrative brother, it's becoming tedious & boring.

Yes, United are back - Not excactly where we want to be, but certainly United fans are buzzing - One trophy in the bag already - The Glazers potentially going - In the top four - Playing some good attacking football - A new manager who the fans love.

On the 3rd June, you too & all the Stockport chaps will know ????

15 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You keeping pushing the same narrative brother, it's becoming tedious & boring.

Yes, United are back - 

I'm not pushing anything. As soon as you lot win a game you keep pushing the "United are back" rubbish, only to lose again the following week. Sometimes it's best just to be humble, which is pretty hard for a United fan

• Like 1

I think we need to play Wan Bissaka against Brighton , the left winger of Brighton .

He is more defensive than Dalot , and Brighton's left winger Mitoma needs close attention.

• Like 1

Should have read.........

I think we need to play Wan Bissaka against Brighton as he is more defensive than Dalot ,

and Brighton's left winger Mitoma needs close attention.

Recent speculation & rumours that Ratcliffe has won the bid - If true, he's gonna be in for one hell of a rough ride with United fans - As a Chelsea season ticket holder, but supposedly a United fan - If so he must know the feelings of 99% of United fans - If he's successful, this means that he has been instrumental in keeping the Glazer stooges at Old Trafford - We want a complete 100% take over (With all debts cleared) -  with the Glazers COMPLETELY GONE - Anything else wont do & he's gonna be in for a rough ride.

His name has already been tarnished now - He's no longer RATcliffe - He's now known as SNAKEcliffe - Jumping in bed with the Glazers hasn't boded well with United fans - I hope he's prepared for what's coming his way & his INEOS company ????????????

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Recent speculation & rumours that Ratcliffe has won the bid - If true, he's gonna be in for one hell of a rough ride with United fans - As a Chelsea season ticket holder, but supposedly a United fan - If so he must know the feelings of 99% of United fans - If he's successful, this means that he has been instrumental in keeping the Glazer stooges at Old Trafford - We want a complete 100% take over (With all debts cleared) -  with the Glazers COMPLETELY GONE - Anything else wont do & he's gonna be in for a rough ride.

His name has already been tarnished now - He's no longer RATcliffe - He's now known as SNAKEcliffe - Jumping in bed with the Glazers hasn't boded well with United fans - I hope he's prepared for what's coming his way & his INEOS company ????????????

Blimey. You guys are a tough crowd to please. He hasn't even tried out the big comfy chair yet and you are on his back. It may not be the deal you really wanted but unless you fans can come up with circa 6 billion, it's what you'll get

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He hasn't even tried out the big comfy chair yet 

That's what I'm saying - He ain't sitting in any chair - He prefers to lay in the bed - With Joel & Avram either side of him.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2023 at 9:15 AM, NE1 said:

Should have read.........

I think we need to play Wan Bissaka against Brighton as he is more defensive than Dalot ,

and Brighton's left winger Mitoma needs close attention.

I'll be shocked if that isn't the plan after how the semi-final worked out.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:19 PM, RedArmy said:

I agree with Mr Boj tbh.... let's give him a chance and see what the "vision" is. Unlike Glazers he is a local lad and I'm not really sure he is buying a club so he can be hated for the next decade or so. That would probably affect him more than the Glazers, who obviously aren't / weren't bothered. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/1/2023 at 3:17 AM, RedArmy said:

Solid performance today & 3 more points - Thought Lindolof was fantastic as was Casemiro - Brighton away on Thursday will be a lot tougher.

Was probably Lindelof's best performance over the time he has been at United, which must be close on 5 years. Ratings for successful passes ,defensive headers ,tackles won etc was 97%. His timing couldn't be better with the run in and our 2 first choice CB's most likely out for the season. Perhaps a timely reminder to EtH that he is, or could be, a valuable player at only 28 yo.

On the commercial trip to the US at the start of next start of the season would like to see Lindelof paired up with Varane as CB's and Martinez pushed up into midfield as a trial. Martinez with his aggression might just be what is needed to create some goals which are seemingly hard to come by.

Inching close to finishing top 4 but far from over, need 9 points. I hope we don't see Fred again, brought on to provide energy in the closing minutes as he all he does is run around committing needless fouls and giving away free kicks, does my head in. 

• Like 1

Lindelof has had to cover for hapless Harry when they have played together; doing the work of 2 men. It hasn't done him any favours but I do rate him as a natural defender which Harry clearly isn't.

I mentioned this at the time but worthy of repetition: while Harry was banged up in a Greek prison cell  Lindelof was being treated to lunch by an elderly lady back in his Swedish home town. He stopped a thief who pinched her bag and she rewarded him with lunch. It's about character; you have it or you don't.

Also, is it just me or does De Gea perform like a nervous wreck whenever Harry is in the team?

• Like 1

2 back to back 1-0 losses away from home in the space of 4 days - Tonight's performance was 10 times worse than against Brighton - The dippers are closing in on us & if we end up finishing 5th, it will be a complete disaster - 5 minutes to go & we bring on Fred ?? 85M for Antony ??? One footed - Why not give Pellistri a run out on the right wing ??? After the Barcodes got beat, you would think that these player's would have extra impetuous to fight for the 3 points - New contracts for Ddg, Rashford, Shaw & Dalot ??? They seem sweet now & uninterested, as they are sorted - What a howler from our keeper, my Mrs would have saved that - Shocking performance from the whole team & not the 1st time this season either - If we play like that against City in the Final, they could put 5 or 6 past us (Again).

Maybe the players know something we dont know ??? The Glazers are staying & there's no money for transfers next season ??? A distinct possibility.

No heart, no desire & no fight - Do these player's want to play Thursday night football again next season ??? It certainly seems so.

Get rid of at least 10 of these <deleted> & bring in some young, hungry, talented players.

• Thumbs Up 1

And suddenly there was a battle for top 4.

I still think Utd will get that 4th place. Liverpool are running out of games and Utd have quite an easy run in against some poor sides. Terrible performance against West Ham though. Almost ten years since they sacked Moyes and you have to wonder what progress has been made.

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

And suddenly there was a battle for top 4.

I still think Utd will get that 4th place. Liverpool are running out of games and Utd have quite an easy run in against some poor sides. Terrible performance against West Ham though. Almost ten years since they sacked Moyes and you have to wonder what progress has been made.

Here he is!

• Confused 2