The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 5/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, champers said:

Lindelof was being treated to lunch by an elderly lady back in his Swedish home town. He stopped a thief who pinched her bag and she rewarded him with lunch. It's about character; you have it or you don't.

Are you suggesting that Maguire wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation? 

50 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Are you suggesting that Maguire wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation? 

Too slow; milk turns quicker. Anyway, he wasn't in the same situation; he was playing at Big Time Charlie in Mykonos or wherever it was.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Too slow; milk turns quicker. Anyway, he wasn't in the same situation; he was playing at Big Time Charlie in Mykonos or wherever it was.

It's just really poor of you Champers. I'm surprised a man of your intelligence is saying that Lindelof is a better player than Maguire because he happened to help out a granny. 

I think there's enough evidence of Lindelof being a better player without using such an odd comparison. 

I was comparing the character of the two men. One has it, one doesn't.

Do you think Fergie would have allowed Harry to remain as captain after turning up in court in a t-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap? OGS did.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, champers said:

I was comparing the character of the two men. One has it, one doesn't.

Do you think Fergie would have allowed Harry to remain as captain after turning up in court in a t-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap? OGS did.

I find this endless fascination people have with the Mykonos incident amusing.

He's hardly the first English lad to go on holiday and get in trouble after a few drinks.

Last 2 games mistakes cost us big Shaw handball in extra time 3 points were dropped, and Sunday De Gea howler cost us 3 points and possibly a top 4 place if they don't cut out the bad passing, mistakes, and god forbid stop trying to play out from the back. One more shocker and Liverpool will replace us for a top 4.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I find this endless fascination people have with the Mykonos incident amusing.

He's hardly the first English lad to go on holiday and get in trouble after a few drinks.

I wouldn't find it amusing if he was captain of my team, let alone in it.

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And get arrested and convicted!! He is a convicted criminal. Any other player would have had the captaincy taken away. At the s time he said he was going to appeal. Has he forgot to do it or was it baloney coming out of his mouth and he was indeed guilty

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And get arrested and convicted!! He is a convicted criminal. Any other player would have had the captaincy taken away. At the s time he said he was going to appeal. Has he forgot to do it or was it baloney coming out of his mouth and he was indeed guilty

Here he is... Fergie had to go and pull Roy Keane out of the cells. It's not like no other footballer has been arrested when out on the piss 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Here he is... Fergie had to go and pull Roy Keane out of the cells. It's not like no other footballer has been arrested when out on the piss 

But Keane was found not guilty when it went to court wasn't he?

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think he just had to spend a night in the cells after getting pissed up and causing trouble.

The fact is he went on to have a long and successful career at United. Which Maguire won't. But it won't be because of anything that happened in Greece.

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It really is sad that you and @champers are still banging on about this.

But then it's always been a favourite pastime of fans of smaller clubs. Bashing English United players. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It really is sad that you and @champers are still banging on about this.

But then it's always been a favourite pastime of fans of smaller clubs. Bashing English United players. 

Never mind me "bashing" a convicted criminal, can you just name me one other United, English player that I've bashed 

Chill out boyz - I Would like to get involved but have decided to refrain from making any comment - I agree & disagree with some of these comments today, but lets have it right - Maguire certainly seems to lack character, both on & off the pitch - I've been watching United a long long time, & he's certainly up there in terms of being Sh ite - IMO, get rid asap.

On a brighter note, i see our boy Diallo banged in another goal for Sunderland yesterday to confirm their play off spot - Love this kid - He's better than Antony. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

On a brighter note, i see our boy Diallo banged in another goal for Sunderland yesterday to confirm their play off spot - Love this kid - He's better than Antony. 

He's looking great but whenever I watch these clips it looks like the defenders in the championship are stuck in mud. 

But I agree it's a positive.

Shoretire scored in Bolton's last match at Bristol Rovers and reportedly had a good game. He has been a bit underwhelming but he has undoubted talent; just a bit of inexperience and needs to get stronger physically.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:46 PM, champers said:

Shoretire scored in Bolton's last match at Bristol Rovers and reportedly had a good game. He has been a bit underwhelming but he has undoubted talent; just a bit of inexperience and needs to get stronger physically.

Strange , this was posted on Tuesday 07:46hrs and I have just recieived the " new post " notification.

38 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Strange , this was posted on Tuesday 07:46hrs and I have just recieived the " new post " notification.

Nowt to do with me; you need to post on Forum Support and one of the boffins will look into it.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:46 PM, champers said:

I'm actually struggling to think of a United loanee since David Beckham that has come back to United and held down a first team spot. 

Back to winning ways, with 3 vital points against Wolves - Decent performance with some great saves by their keeper - Fantastic to see my Boy Garnacho coming off the bench to bang in number 2.

Congratulations to Amad Diallo for receiving his Sunderland young player of the year award.

One more clean sheet for DdG, will mean he will recieve the Golden Glove award alone, instead of sharing it.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:00 AM, RedArmy said:

Back to winning ways, with 3 vital points against Wolves - Decent performance with some great saves by their keeper - Fantastic to see my Boy Garnacho coming off the bench to bang in number 2.

Congratulations to Amad Diallo for receiving his Sunderland young player of the year award.

One more clean sheet for DdG, will mean he will recieve the Golden Glove award alone, instead of sharing it.

Well mate you supported us in the pre Fergie bad days.... Have we ever been this much of an underdog coming into a Cup Final?

We would've been favourites Vs Brighton I imagine 

We would've been favourites Vs Brighton I imagine 

We were red hot favourites in 83 against a Brighton team who had just been relegated - They should have nicked a winner at the death, but Gary Bailey saved us as the match finished 2-2 - We spanked them 4-0 in the replay the following Thursday - I was at both matches - Great memories.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well mate you supported us in the pre Fergie bad days.... Have we ever been this much of an underdog coming into a Cup Final?

77, the Scousers were on for the Treble & we were certainly the underdogs that day - We beat them 2-1 & lifted the cup & stopped them doing the Treble.

The previous year in 76, we were red hot favourites against Southampton & we lost 1-0.

85, Everton were on fire & favourites to beat us, but Big Norman scored an incredible goal in extra time to beat them 1-0 - We only had 10 men as well, what a fantastic day at Wembley that was - I think i was wearing at least 6 scarfs.

Remember Man City v Wigan ??? Wigan were a massive price to win that day as City were the hottest favourites in years - Wigan beat them 1-0. I could go on & on with many other FAC Final upsets.

But it's like this - We are most certainly the underdogs this time around, but that doesn't mean a thing. Its a one off game, 2 teams, 90 minutes of football & anything can happen on the day - If we turn up, play well, defend well, create & take our chances & have a bit of luck on our side, we can definitely beat them - We already beat them once this season & we can beat them again ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

85, Everton were on fire & favourites to beat us, but Big Norman scored an incredible goal in extra time to beat them 1-0 - We only had 10 men as well, what a fantastic day at Wembley that was - I think i was wearing at least 6 scarfs.

I was behind the goal where Whiteside scored , if I remember it was a very hot day .

• Like 2