The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

21 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Remember Man City v Wigan ??? Wigan were a massive price to win that day as City were the hottest favourites in years - Wigan beat them 1-0. I could go on & on with many other FAC Final upsets.

But it's like this - We are most certainly the underdogs this time around, but that doesn't mean a thing. Its a one off game, 2 teams, 90 minutes of football & anything can happen on the day - If we turn up, play well, defend well, create & take our chances & have a bit of luck on our side, we can definitely beat them - We already beat them once this season & we can beat them again ????

Good point mate. If Wigan can do it then why not.

Whatever happened to that McManaman kid from that day. I think Steve's nephew?

• Like 1

Terrible news lads, I'm devastated - After 12 long years, Phil Jones is finally leaving United when his current contract expires on the 30th June - He will surely be missed & we will find it hard to replace such a club legend - I hope the club give him the testimonial that he deserves & if so, I'm flying back to the UK for the match just to show my respects ????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Terrible news lads, I'm devastated - After 12 long years, Phil Jones is finally leaving United when his current contract expires on the 30th June - He will surely be missed & we will find it hard to replace such a club legend - I hope the club give him the testimonial that he deserves & if so, I'm flying back to the UK for the match just to show my respects ????

Has he been playing in the Reserves these last few years?

Congratulations to DdG  on winning this seasons Golden Glove award for the most clean sheets in the Premier League this season - Gotta stay, sell Henderson to Spurs along with Maquire & we'll take Harold ????

Sancho off after 70 mins. Garnacho on , first thing Garnacho did was run at the defender and beat him.

The commentator summed it up for me , " Garncho has shown more enthusiasm to attack his defender in 5 mins than Sancho did in 70 mins ".

Sancho needs to be dropped and let Garnacho take his place .

Sancho and Antony need to up their game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

R.I.P Andy Rourke of the Smiths who has died following a battle with pancreatic cancer. Even though he supported your lot he was a fantastic musician. Another star of my young youth music scene gone. ????

RIP

He played some great bass parts... The Meat is Murder album springs to mind

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

Seeing as Rick found it necessary to post an historical picture in the City thread, dredged up from the archives of United winning the league. I thought it necessary to celebrate it being a decade since you last won it, to post a more recent piccie (yesterday) of us winning the PL. At least it stays in Manchester eh ????

292234639_decadeon.jpg.74eb7be59302a7f2aaac5dbe7aec6b6e.jpg

On 5/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, RedArmy said:

To be fair mate, they did offer him a testimonial a while back and he turned it down.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Bit harsh. As he said in his statement it's not like he wanted to be injured.

True enough, but with his timing and tackling technique he was always going to be susceptible to injuries.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:42 PM, RickG16 said:

To be fair mate, they did offer him a testimonial a while back and he turned it down.

Come on brother, who's gonna turn up for a Phil Jones testimonial ??? Maybe this is why he turned it down ??? To be honest, i couldn't see United offering this clown a Testimonial - He's been on £120k a week for the past 5-6 years - If he had anything about him, he would have donated half his salary to charity every week - Good riddance & thank you for your NON service's to United - The biggest waste of time, space & money many United fans have EVER seen.

• Sad 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:50 PM, RedArmy said:

Come on brother, who's gonna turn up for a Phil Jones testimonial ??? Maybe this is why he turned it down ??? To be honest, i couldn't see United offering this clown a Testimonial - He's been on £120k a week for the past 5-6 years - If he had anything about him, he would have donated half his salary to charity every week - Good riddance & thank you for your NON service's to United - The biggest waste of time, space & money many United fans have EVER seen.

It must be bad, the Manchester Evening News doesn't even give him a mention

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

"Time of the Month" hey Sparkles ????????

Fred the Red has made more contributions to United over the years than that Clown Jones.

I doubt if an ABU would comment on Phil Jones in the manner in which you have done....Red Army? you need to grow up... it's numpties like you that bring shame to United...try engaging your brain before coming out with such trash....if you have one ????

• Thumbs Up 2

Well done Marcus Rashford on becoming the first United player since RvP to score 30 goals in a season - Amazing season from one of our home grown players - Hope he gets a rest tomorrow & has his shooting boots on for next Saturday - I would like to see a weakened team tomorrow with the hope that Pellistri starts on the right - I think that Maguire will start his last game for us, maybe Fred too.