The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Predictions for tomorrow chaps?

Ain't gonna be easy for sure but i am forever the optimist - With a bit of luck on our side, i think we gonna do them - 3-1 United ????

• Like 2

Bruno needs to be stronger in Midfield and not get bullied , he has a tendency to throw himself on the floor expecting a free kick when this happens and sometimes it backfires.

The refs tend to see him as a diver and moaner and I think it goes against him and the team.

He needs to stand up and be counted .

• Like 1

To my fellow proper Reds - Yeh, i know, it's not an easy one to take -  BUT - TWO Cup finals in one 

season  AND top  4, -  No more Thursday night / Sunday football (Dippers) ????  

Lets hear it for  INTER MILAN NEXT Saturday ????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

To my fellow proper Reds - Yeh, i know, it's not an easy one to take -  BUT - TWO Cup finals in one 

season  AND top  4, -  No more Thursday night / Sunday football (Dippers) ????  

Lets hear it for  INTER MILAN NEXT Saturday ????

Well United have certainly done much better under ETH and supporters should be thankful for that, considering where they were.

United were in the main, outplayed by City, although the match couldn't be described as a classic in any way, shape, or form.

Now time for a big clear out and some new players, hopefully better than others we have signed recently.

Just a couple of points on yesterday's game – – Rashford was injured for about the last 15 minutes and should have gone off because he could hardly walk let alone run. And it was pleasing to see AW-B in good form, because a while back he looked to be totally lost with his game, so the change has been quite remarkable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Why ETH keeps playing Sancho instead of Garnacho is beyond me.

Garnacho has just come back from injury and is not yet fit enough to play from the start.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope the keeper turns out to be a good buy. 

as for Mount I am not a fan of his , IMHO he is not that good .

Jao Felix would have been a better buy.

Kobbe Mainoo looks to have stepped up .

The youngsters are performing well against a physical Wrexham side and Mejbri looks like he has stepped up. 

Needs to fill out a little though. Joe Hugill has impressed with limited service , so he will be hard to judge unless given a first team run out.

I see Savage ( Reading ) and Elanga ( Forest ) have both left. Chong , Iqbal , and Laird have gone , probably want to play first team football elsewhere. Can't blame them. There were a lot of promising youngsters , but alas , they do not make it with us , but it doesn't make them bad players.

Still need a goalscorer though.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Comon lads let's get this thread up and running for the season......

Major issues to be addressed

Why is Maguire still there? How's it going to play out?

How many more signings do we need?

What's our strongest 11 currently?

Still need a dynamic midfielder , Mount imho is not and never will be good enough .

We need another central defender .

Maguire's wages appear to be a stumbling block , there are clubs who want him and are willing to pay the transfer fee , but Harry thinks he is worth the £190,000 a week he is getting now , and I think he is the only one.

Best Xl that is available at the moment..

Onana , Basaka ,  Varane ,  Martinez , Shaw , Casemiro , McTominay (nba ) , Sancho (nba) , Fernandez , Garnacho , Rashford.....(nba) means no better alternative at the moment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NE1 said:

Still need a dynamic midfielder , Mount imho is not and never will be good enough .

We need another central defender .

Maguire's wages appear to be a stumbling block , there are clubs who want him and are willing to pay the transfer fee , but Harry thinks he is worth the £190,000 a week he is getting now , and I think he is the only one.

Best Xl that is available at the moment..

Onana , Basaka ,  Varane ,  Martinez , Shaw , Casemiro , McTominay (nba ) , Sancho (nba) , Fernandez , Garnacho , Rashford.....(nba) means no better alternative at the moment.

I think against smaller teams we should be playing Ericssen instead of Mount. Mount's pressing will be needed in the big games, a bit like Park Ji Sung

Very fortunate to get a win over Wolves, especially with the blatant penalty for Wolves that they inexplicably refused to check VAR for.

Seriously, what is the point of putting up with all the negative aspects of VAR when they still get massive decisions like that wrong by refusing to even check it? 

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Seriously, what is the point of putting up with all the negative aspects of VAR when they still get massive decisions like that wrong by refusing to even check it? 

I think the "pro VARist" arguement is that overall more decisions are got right with VAR than without it.

And that's pretty hard to argue with. 

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think the "pro VARist" arguement is that overall more decisions are got right with VAR than without it.

And that's pretty hard to argue with. 

Nothing wrong with the technology.

It's when it's used selectively that it's a problem. That was a foul clear as day. The crowd saw it real time, the commentator saw it real time. It really didn't need VAR to award the penlaty. Not only did the ref not see it real time, he didn't even think it was worth looking at again on VAR. Bizarre. 

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nothing wrong with the technology.

It's when it's used selectively that it's a problem. That was a foul clear as day. The crowd saw it real time, the commentator saw it real time. It really didn't need VAR to award the penlaty. Not only did the ref not see it real time, he didn't even think it was worth looking at again on VAR. Bizarre. 

Not how it works in my understanding.

VAR could've asked the ref to stop the game if they thought it was a clear and obvious error by the ref. And they didn't. I think the VAR officials should be getting more heat than the ref.

• Thumbs Up 1