The official Manchester United thread 2019

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a scandinavian feel about it this match. Ole is Norwegian  Lindelof Swedish Ericsson Danish Spurs can't Finnish.

How good is the Maguire, Lindelof pairing....    

Ole's at the wheel

Posted Images

Mason Greenwood warned over discipline by Manchester United

Forward’s late timekeeping a particular issue

Greenwood has not played in past two matches

Manchester United have warned Mason Greenwood regarding his discipline, with the 19-year-old’s poor timekeeping a particular issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/21/mason-greenwood-warned-over-discipline-by-manchester-united 

Must win game on Saturday against Chelsea whats you predictions? 3-1 for United, Chelsea's defense is not that good leaking goals maybe United can take advantage with the speed we have upfront

I can see him sticking with the 3-5-2 today and giving Mata + James etc a run out in midweek.

Question is, who replaces Martial - Greenwood, Cavani... or even a very interesting option - push Rashford back to no9 and play VDB just behind him.

@ChipButty  @Sparkles what do we think? 

I think Cavani will be used as a sub at some stage Ole did say he has kept himself very fit but nothing replaces playing Im interested to see Telles how he plays in a league game withe number 9 like Cavani,

I think he will start with Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno,

It depends on your back 3 will he play Axel again? not sure 2 games in less than a week

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think Cavani will be used as a sub at some stage Ole did say he has kept himself very fit but nothing replaces playing Im interested to see Telles how he plays in a league game withe number 9 like Cavani,

I think he will start with Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno,

It depends on your back 3 will he play Axel again? not sure 2 games in less than a week

I think Maguire could slot back in for Axel. I agree that Mason seems more likely to start than Cavani who has no game time.

I still think that we could see a surprise pick in VDB, with a complete license to attack behind Rashford... surely he has to start him soon?

And yes...Telles's crossing could be a very good weapon with Cavani playing.

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

What do you think of this guys team selection?

Sometimes I agree with Goldbridge but not on this occasion. If Maguire's fit he plays, and I'm not sure I like Pogba on the left, or on the pitch at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure most fitness experts wouldn't play Axel two games in a row. 

At least there's no arguments about the keeper! He's been outstanding recently. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Sometimes I agree with Goldbridge but not on this occasion. If Maguire's fit he plays, and I'm not sure I like Pogba on the left, or on the pitch at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure most fitness experts wouldn't play Axel two games in a row. 

At least there's no arguments about the keeper! He's been outstanding recently. 

I just dont think he wants Maguire on the pitch he doesn't like him being captain he's all for Bruno

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I just dont think he wants Maguire on the pitch he doesn't like him being captain he's all for Bruno

That's fine but realistically we aren't going to strip the club captain in the middle of a season. Maguire played OK last time so now is the time to rebuild his confidence more... if he is fit.