The official Manchester United thread 2019

Well, that was exciting... Probably one of the most boring games to watch, although if we're scraping the barrel for positives - clean sheet, 1 point - not ideal really is it.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a scandinavian feel about it this match. Ole is Norwegian  Lindelof Swedish Ericsson Danish Spurs can't Finnish.

How good is the Maguire, Lindelof pairing....    

Ole's at the wheel

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Well, that was exciting... Probably one of the most boring games to watch, although if we're scraping the barrel for positives - clean sheet, 1 point - not ideal really is it.

Outstanding result for this outfit

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Serious question. Why did United buy Van Der Beek?

I think because we know Pogba is going, either in Jan or end of the season. It's been a slow start for him but it's a long season and he'll have a long career. 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Patrice Evra has told Donny van de Beek Manchester United don't need him and questioned the club's decision to bring him in.

I love Evra but I think he must feel stupid going on that rant now we've won a couple of games. Looking for something to get emotional about obviously.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Van De Beek should just head back to Amsterdam.

Tuanzebe should join him....crazy team choice that and pulled off Mata when he was actually playing really well.

Toothless and clueless both managers yesterday.

You don't know what you're talking about. It was an edgy, tight game at a tricky time if the season between two big sides that couldn't afford to lose. We were the better team and could have nicked it.

VDB will get plenty of opportunities.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. It was an edgy, tight game at a tricky time if the season between two big sides that couldn't afford to lose. We were the better team and could have nicked it.

Nothing to see here.

two big sides?....as in "Rick Big" ya <deleted>in unit....

• Haha 1

As mentioned a great result for united but the talk of top sides is stretching reality. Chelsea are under performing bit have potential but united are not even the united most would realise you are referring to as a top side. 

Leeds united and sheffield united will finnish above this united this year.

Sheffield united currently occupy one of the bottom spots but it's clear they are a better side than united.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nothing to see here.

What happened after the last win in Paris? I always used to say we dont play well after a Champions league game

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nothing to see here.

Funny I saw two overrated coaches fiddling whilst Rome burns.

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Funny I saw two overrated coaches fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Ole is overrated? Who exactly is rating him so highly?

You chose to watch a game which was 0-0. As a neutral it's not fun. I'm sorry about that. But it wasn't a terrible performance by either side. Chelsea can be the more concerned that they didn't create much.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

As a neutral it's not fun. I'm sorry about that. 

But whilst the City match was on, you said you were waiting till the big guns were playing.  After that I got all pumped up hoping these big guns would show us how entertaining football should be played. 

Big guns = damp squids

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But whilst the City match was on, you said you were waiting till the big guns were playing.  After that I got all pumped up hoping these big guns would show us how entertaining football should be played. 

Big guns = damp squids

Damp squids? 🤣😂🤣

I'm not arguing that squids are damp, but you might wanna check that phrasing mate.... Btw I actually have no idea what 'squib' means 

Big guns often cancel each other out and result in poor games. 2003 CL final and Italia 90 final off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Damp squids? 🤣😂🤣

I'm not arguing that squids are damp, but you might wanna check that phrasing mate.... Btw I actually have no idea what 'squib' means 

Big guns often cancel each other out and result in poor games. 2003 CL final and Italia 90 final off the top of my head. 

Don't think my predictive text knows what a squib is

• Like 1

De Beek is the biggest mystery to me. Why bring an expensive player and bench him game after game.  Clearly he is a better quality player than James !

He plays for Holland, a top player but Ole doesn't seem to think so, he'd rather play James.   James looked hopeless with the ball yesterday, as he always does. The kid knows how to run, that's all. 

Edited by balo