The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Ya fanny, did you even watch the match ? He won the ball back to set up Garnacho's 2nd goal & worked tirelessly throughout the match - I remember you said on here that he wouldn't even score 10 goals this season - Well that's his 10th, ya fanny 👍 

Wasn't it Mctominay that won back the ball?

Either way completely agree. Mavedol is so regularly wide of the mark there's no point responding any more. 

On 12/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, RickG16 said:

Shame this thread isn't fulfilling its purpose anymore. Was meant to be a thread for United fans to discuss things. It's now populated by saddos. Owl you are the exception. 

Thanks for that warm sentiment Rick. You have moved into my list for my 2024 Xmas ecards.

I try to be fair and observational. I like good footy, and United have played some great stuff down the years. And I'm sure they will again hit those heights. Recall Gordon Hill and Steve Coppell? Cutting in from the wing and putting one (or two) in the top corner?! Wow!! Sends shivers down yer spine just thinking of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Ya fanny, did you even watch the match ? He won the ball back to set up Garnacho's 2nd goal & worked tirelessly throughout the match - I remember you said on here that he wouldn't even score 10 goals this season - Well that's his 10th, ya fanny 👍 

He actually had to shots on goal and scored with one, 

37 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that warm sentiment Rick. You have moved into my list for my 2024 Xmas ecards.

I try to be fair and observational. I like good footy, and United have played some great stuff down the years. And I'm sure they will again hit those heights. Recall Gordon Hill and Steve Coppell? Cutting in from the wing and putting one (or two) in the top corner?! Wow!! Sends shivers down yer spine just thinking of it.

Wasn't GH United's leading scorer the season they sold him? 

• Like 1

This is very sad news and most unfortunate for Martinez personally as well as the team and the fans. Martinez is possibly the most important player we have to galvanise the team by his sheer presence and ability with brilliant defending and reading of the game and superb ball distribution quite apart from the way he lifts team spirit in the way he conducts himself.

I wish him all the best on a full and complete recovery. I fear that without him we are likely to lose more points than we would otherwise because he is that good

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Wasn't GH United's leading scorer the season they sold him? 

I

ll look that up Chips. But to quote Wiki::::

'''Hill left United for Derby County for £250,000 in 1978, with his sale by Dave Sexton deeply unpopular with supporters. At the time of his sale, Hill was United's top scorer and a favourite among fans.'''

Actually Coppell and Hill, remind me of Medwin and Jones from the Spurs side of the early 60. They started the 'cutting in' style, as opposed to the 'get to the goal-line and cross the ball', for the centre forward to head in.

Edited by owl sees all
Spelt Chips incorrectly
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

Yep. Tons of pace and hunger that kid. 

mostly hunger arguing a lot with referee decisions, usually Nordics are easy going, (example Ericksen) besides that,  not much credit is due

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

10 all together or just for the EPL.... am sticking to my original estimate  555

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Wasn't it Mctominay that won back the ball?

Either way completely agree. Mavedol is so regularly wide of the mark there's no point responding any more. 

sorry to disagree as I am pretty much always on the mark, the proof is...  it was McTominay not the Danish kid who won back the ball, let's wait and see, so far MU didn't win anything yet or am I wide on the mark again 555  wait and see, hope you will not be disappointed at the end of the season

On 12/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, RickG16 said:

Shame this thread isn't fulfilling its purpose anymore.Was meant to be a thread for United fans to dis cuss things. It's now populated by saddos. Owl you are the exception. 

No it wasn't only meant for United fans Rick. As with all the other topics, ANYONE can discuss and post in any topic. Jeez, you go on the City thread and post enough, so you should know that

• Thanks 2

On 2/5/2024 at 3:56 PM, RickG16 said:

MISSING PERSON:

Very concerned for the whereabouts of JohnnyF. Last seen stooped over a laptop in a dimly lit room thinking of negative remarks to make about United.

If you've seen him please contact a moderator immediately. His family are very concerned for his wellbeing. 

Hey Rhick. Good to see you finally come out of hiding following a couple of United wins, top red (when you're winning :laugh:).

A bit lucky against Wolves but a good performance against West Ham. It was good to see Hojlund get a goal I think he could turn out to be worth the 35 million that United paid for him.  Ohh, wait a minute...  

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Mavideol said:

10 all together or just for the EPL.... am sticking to my original estimate  555

Another 2 for Rasmus tonight - This is why you are known as - The United forum resident - Fanny 5555

Ps- Ya Hairy fanny 🤪