The official Manchester United thread 2019

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a scandinavian feel about it this match. Ole is Norwegian  Lindelof Swedish Ericsson Danish Spurs can't Finnish.

How good is the Maguire, Lindelof pairing....    

Ole's at the wheel

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wasnt the word used "Negrito" ?

Indeed but once translated from Spanish doesn't it mean the same? It must do if previous examples of players using it have meant punishment

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Are you saying "lost in translation" ?

Mate... think about it. The 'n' word which you refer to, that has changed form, originated from a derogatory word. It was flipped on its head and used as a way of showing solidarity or strength.

This word literally comes straight from the word for the colour. It doesn't originate from a word which was used for oppression.

Make sense?

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mate... think about it. The 'n' word which you refer to, that has changed form, originated from a derogatory word. It was flipped on its head and used as a way of showing solidarity or strength.

This word literally comes straight from the word for the colour. It doesn't originate from a word which was used for oppression.

Make sense?

I know what the origin is and the "justification" for using it as it has been used as a defense previously. Do you think the FA will buy it this time because I don't think they've bought it in the past

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know what the origin is and the "justification" for using it as it has been used as a defense previously. Do you think the FA will buy it this time because I don't think they've bought it in the past

As Champers said, I don't have much faith in the FA.

58 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Make sense?

If only you were there to argue for Suarez. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I concur with all of that and that was the rationale used against Silva. The only part I disagree with is the last bit as for some reason Silva only got 1 match ban.

The 3 match minimum ban is a new FA rule, brought in after the Silva episode. I read it on the BBC Sport website yesterday. BLM, taking a knee etc, etc might have had some impact on the rule.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

What do you think, Jonny Evans back to United 75% say no 

During Maguire's bad patch people were saying he is no better than Evans. Now it is OK to say Maguire is a decent player without being lynched, I would make the point that Evans is no better than Maguire! 

Comon CB... let's have your predicted 11 for tonight... not who you want to play, but who you think Ole will play....