The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, Campbell, Walker.... I can think of one club which struggles to keep hold of its top talent......

Edited by RickG16
thought of even more Spurs players who had jumped ship

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Euphoria until the next defeat.....I thought that was the mark of clubs like Fulham but ya live and learn! :biggrin:

He's been held up in the RedNose era.  You remember, that arrogance we all despised.  Still got it, but with <deleted> all to back it up anymore.  And he thinks they won't struggle to keep a talent like Rashford because he was a local....the lad probably can't wait to leave that shit tip for Barcelona or Madrid and frankly could you blame him!!!????

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

I have no jealousy whatsoever.  The only thing that gets on my nerves is the way City and Chelsea use financial muscle to sway a deal.  Huge wages.  However i blame FIFA for allowing it and not installing wage caps.  I don't even have a problem with United and the wages they pay because their enormous revenue is generated globally and its up to them how they spend their money.  This now brings us onto a subject which i think we will leave for now, as in where your income is generated so lets wait till summer for that, its only fair to both sides.

And for the record, i'll say once again, i would hate beyond belief my club to be owned by any sheik, any oligarch and Mike Ashley.  I would rather win they way we will eventually will under this manager and make no bones about it, we will if he stays as he claims he is going to.  Seems like he has a touch of the Wenger one club loyalty about him.  I'm not remotely jealous because i believe were going to win without the money you lot seem to need so desperately.  Believe me or not, that's the way it is.

What has become clear is that certain supporters really feel the need to think we are jealous, that comes across as clear as day, but its not my problem.

...nah, can't be bothered today.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, Campbell, Walker.... I can think of one club which struggles to keep hold of its top talent......

Walker was welcome to leave and at 50m quid great business for us.

The others are before Poch time.

Of course we'll be losing Kane this summer blah blah....same as last summer et al...

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Still living in the past i see.  RedNose has gone, and as Mourinho said you can't sign our players anymore. But yes, at that time we couldn't. But things have changed.

You wouldn't have kept Bale or Modric anymore than we could because Madrid came calling and they're bigger than you too remember.  Berbatov and Carrick accepted and whilst i was very young when they signed for you have you been able to do the same to us recently? No you haven't.  

You really need to get with the times and stop wallowing in the past.

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's funny about this is we have a core of genuine home grown players now who all put a shift in every game and not a whisper of discontent in our camp.

Ericksen might leave for Spain this summer for a fortune and we accept that...as the lure of Barca and Madrid is huge for these players.

In short we're not deluded with red mist.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...nah, can't be bothered today.

Thats an honest answer which A you just cannot accept of B, you think i'm lying.  

Really, its more a case of you guys and your vanity which needs to believe Spurs fans are jealous.  I can feel the same from pundits on Sky, they are always giving us the knock back because modern day football is obsessed that success will only come with money and if a club does it without it devalues the winnings of the big spenders and makes the pundits look like idiots too.  We can see it from Sky, Talksport on a regular basis and you can read it on here.  And make no mistake about it, we are not jealous because we firmly believe that if he stays we are going to win a load of silverware and not the mickey mouse stuff and we'll do it no matter how much you others spend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Walker was welcome to leave and at 50m quid great business for us.

The others are before Poch time.

Of course we'll be losing Kane this summer blah blah....same as last summer et al...

Yes, he doesn't seem to know Walker was the reserve right back who wasn't prepared to win his starting spot back and so we took 50m for him!!

• Like 1

Just now, carmine said:

Yes, he doesn't seem to know Walker was the reserve right back who wasn't prepared to win his starting spot back and so we took 50m for him!!

The decision to risk defeat in the FA Cup last week showed Poch's desire is not domestic cups but the league and CL....his belief in our team and ability to win those trophies is the driving force behind our current wins....games we might have drawn now sees our team fighting to the final whistle to secure the points.

We are close already and the project is still some way from completion....onwards and upwards for us in spite of the fast grab teams crying into their money pits.

I thought that Spurs under Harry could have took the Prem. it was not to be; and Bale and Modric are no longer in Nth London (as with others). Their 4-0 defeat of Liverpool was a great performance. One of the best in many years, IMO, from a Spurs outfit.

Perhaps when they eventually move into the new WHL things will propel them to the top (last there early 1960s)?

The Utd v Spurs game was the most anticipated match in the 1960s. A North v South encounter.

Utd just needed a steady hand on the wheel. Spurs need a proper home.

I'd rather Spurs jogged along near the top playing good footy, than just winning once and then fading into obscurity (Blackburn, Leicester).

Edited by owl sees all

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The decision to risk defeat in the FA Cup last week showed Poch's desire is not domestic cups but the league and CL....his belief in our team and ability to win those trophies is the driving force behind our current wins....games we might have drawn now sees our team fighting to the final whistle to secure the points.

We are close already and the project is still some way from completion....onwards and upwards for us in spite of the fast grab teams crying into their money pits.

To be fair, Liverpool are also out of both domestic cups but there has been little criticism of them. Difference is that Liverpool went out of those cups over a period of months, Spurs in less than a week in consecutive matches.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I thought that Spurs under Harry could have took the Prem. it was not to be; and Bale and Modric are no longer in Nth London (as with others). Their 4-0 defeat of Liverpool was a great performance. One of the best in many years, IMO, from a Spurs outfit.

Perhaps when they eventually move into the new WHL things will propel them to the top (last there early 1960s)?

The Utd v Spurs game was the most anticipated match in the 1960s. A North v South encounter.

Utd just needed a steady hand on the wheel. Spurs need a proper home.

I'd rather Spurs jogged along near the top playing good footy, than just winning once and then fading into obscurity (Blackburn, Leicester).

That team wasn't good enough Owl....but this squad is almost there for sure....perhaps this year...maybe next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

To be fair, Liverpool are also out of both domestic cups but there has been little criticism of them. Difference is that Liverpool went out of those cups over a period of months, Spurs in less than a week in consecutive matches.

Playing three or four less matches than City could make a big difference in the end of this league campaign however its sad if fatigue and injuries are deciding our league.

The difference in class between Arsenal and City yesterday is worrying for the future of the game as well....it is growing for sure between the top few and the rest really.

Cherrypicking of young players in Premiership clubs for huge transfer fees which go into chairmen's pockets is another catastrophe.

Yes I am thinking Southampton which is an absolute disgracefully run club.

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

Still living in the past i see.  RedNose has gone, and as Mourinho said you can't sign our players anymore. But yes, at that time we couldn't. But things have changed.

You wouldn't have kept Bale or Modric anymore than we could because Madrid came calling and they're bigger than you too remember.  Berbatov and Carrick accepted and whilst i was very young when they signed for you have you been able to do the same to us recently? No you haven't.  

You really need to get with the times and stop wallowing in the past.

For Bale and Modric read Beckham and Ronaldo ... and Van Nistelrooy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

To be fair to Rick Ronaldo was clearly past his best when he forced his move to Madrid and global obscurity...same with Beckham.

Rick thinks i'm an idiot yet in my defense he seems so out of touch with the rest of the football world and his posts also get more than the odd like from Bredbury......................the defense rests, m'lud!!!!????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I repeat, name me a homegrown player we have ever struggled to keep. 

You can't, which suggests we won't struggle to keep Rashford. 

To be honest i'm not sure i can recall United having another homegrown player since the class of '92!!

Whenever you needed new players you just went out and generally bought big!!

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Rick thinks i'm an idiot yet in my defense he seems so out of touch with the rest of the football world and his posts also get more than the odd like from Bredbury......................the defense rests, m'lud!!!!????

They seem to think I spend my time picking my nose when in truth its 15 years or more since I hoovered up any powder.

Anyway I'm off to Soho pizza for a slice of pepperoni before I hit the next boozer.

I love Mondays. :biggrin:

The old beachside tradition lives on.

Edited by RonniePickering22
  • Like 1

Chaps, let's remember... these aren't real Spurs fans.

Ronnie seems like an interesting guy (I am quite envious of his lifestyle), but the Spurs fans I know are self deprecating and humourous when it comes to football. They are a genuinely likable bunch, and they have no kind of bad feeling or resentment towards the Manchester clubs.

When it comes to Arsenal... that's a different story. But the 'Spurs fans' on here don't seem to tick those boxes. 

Edited by RickG16

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Chaps, let's remember... these aren't real Spurs fans.

Ronnie seems like an interesting guy (I am quite envious of his lifestyle), but the Spurs fans I know are self deprecating and humourous when it comes to football. They are a genuinely likable bunch, and they have no kind of bad feeling or resentment towards the Manchester clubs.

When it comes to Arsenal... that's a different story. But the 'Spurs fans' on here don't seem to tick those boxes. 

Ricky we were posting here on the Spurs thread while you were going to Butlins on holiday with your mam.

Do keep up lad!

Oh yeah just to add I'm a member and do go to the games when I'm in the UK as does Alfredo.

Carms would too but he's been on the run for over a decade. :biggrin:

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Thats an honest answer which A you just cannot accept of B, you think i'm lying.  

Really, its more a case of you guys and your vanity which needs to believe Spurs fans are jealous.  I can feel the same from pundits on Sky, they are always giving us the knock back because modern day football is obsessed that success will only come with money and if a club does it without it devalues the winnings of the big spenders and makes the pundits look like idiots too.  We can see it from Sky, Talksport on a regular basis and you can read it on here.  And make no mistake about it, we are not jealous because we firmly believe that if he stays we are going to win a load of silverware and not the mickey mouse stuff and we'll do it no matter how much you others spend.

Err, nah, can't STILL be bothered today.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ricky we were posting here on the Spurs thread while you were going to Butlins on holiday with your mam.

Do keep up lad!

Oh yeah just to add I'm a member and do go to the games when I'm in the UK as does Alfredo.

Carms would too but he's been on the run for over a decade. :biggrin:

I'm sorry you just don't come across like Spurs fans, either in your attitude or allegiances.

You should be a bit more... what's the word..... downtrodden. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

To be honest i'm not sure i can recall United having another homegrown player since the class of '92!!

Whenever you needed new players you just went out and generally bought big!!

Call yourself a football supporter?

Here's a few off the top of my head that have come through the united academy and played 1st team football at united or elsewhere 

Michael Keane

Josh King

Shawcross

Danny Simpson

Jonny Evans

Fletcher

Pogba

Cleverley

Lingard

Rashford 

Fosu-Mensah

Brady

Welbeck

Bardsley

Matty James

McTominay

Drinkwater

Cathcart

Heaton

I'm  sure there are a few more.

Don't united have a unique record of having an academy player in the matchday squad since 1950s?

Think somebody needs to study his copies of Shoot magazine before he comes on here again.????

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here's a few off the top of my head that have come through the united academy and played 1st team football at united or elsewhere 

Michael Keane

Josh King

Shawcross

Danny Simpson

Jonny Evans

Fletcher

Pogba

Cleverley

Lingard

Rashford 

Fosu-Mensah

Brady

Welbeck

Bardsley

Matty James

McTominay

Drinkwater

Cathcart

Heaton

Don't united have a unique record of having an academy player in the matchday squad since 1950s?

Think somebody needs to study his copies of Shoot magazine before he comes on here again.????

I think this is a full list 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/jugendarbeit/verein/985

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Michael Keane

Josh King

Shawcross

Danny Simpson

Jonny Evans

Fletcher

Pogba

Cleverley

Lingard

Rashford 

Fosu-Mensah

Brady

Welbeck

Bardsley

Matty James

McTominay

Drinkwater

Cathcart

Heaton

John O'Shea

Darren Gibson

Wes Brown

Jonathan Greening

Luke Chadwick

The Da Silva brothers

Paddy McNair

Federico Macheda