The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Ole will get the job soon according to BBC radio 5. I was listening to the commentary when someone said they had been talking to an old United legend during the game on Sunday . Who confirmed they already made the decision.

If this is true Ole could be appointed the permanent manager within a couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I could accept Barm maybe even Bun, but a Muffin is a <deleted> cake of the sweet variety Martha. 

Unless it's an English breakfast muffin.... but then barms are often known as 'barm cakes'.

It's all too complex for me... I'll stick to my chips n gravy. Heavy on the salt and vinegar. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Unless it's an English breakfast muffin.... but then barms are often known as 'barm cakes'.

It's all too complex for me... I'll stick to my chips n gravy. Heavy on the salt and vinegar. 

Pussy, It's Pudding chips and peas north Manchester

I don't have any problem with a steak and kidney pudding. Prefer sausage chips and gravy though. Also-developed a liking for curry sauce during my time in the gravy-less South. 

Sorry to say it Chip Butty but some United players have probably never been to North Manchester. They go to this chippie in my manor....

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190739-d5810137-Reviews-Costas_Fish_And_Chip_Shop-Altrincham_Trafford_Greater_Manchester_England.html

21 minutes ago, champers said:

Pre match snack to tide you over till you get home and have a proper tea. Known as the Jack Simmons.

images.jpeg

That looks good but I'd either lose the fish or the pudding and gravy. Don't like mixing fish with gravy.

Or chips, cheese and gravy or any other crazy combos. 

11 minutes ago, champers said:

He used to send someone out to fetch it for him while he waited to bat.

I used to watch Lancs a lot Champers. My Dad told me about Jack Simmons. Played til he was 50 odd or something like that? Now I think he is Chairman, or some high position at the club. 

13 minutes ago, champers said:

He used to send someone out to fetch it for him while he waited to bat.

what a lancashire team that was in the 70s david lloyd david hughes flat jack harry pilling Clive Lloyd Frank Hayes, Barry Wood, David Lloyd, Faroukh Engineer, Jack Bond, Peter Lee, John Sullivan - how many of those lads are still with us

https://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/club/history-of-the-club/one-day-wonders/

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I used to watch Lancs a lot Champers. My Dad told me about Jack Simmons. Played til he was 50 odd or something like that? Now I think he is Chairman, or some high position at the club. 

Well remember that semifinal that finished in semidarkness. kings of the one days back then, a really excellent team. I didn't know any foreign people back then, we had one black lad and 1 Pakistani family in my area, so wicket-keeper Faroukh engineer seemed very exotic. Sir Clive Lloyd was just an amazing cricketer.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

what a lancashire team that was in the 70s david lloyd david hughes flat jack harry pilling Clive Lloyd Frank Hayes, Barry Wood, David Lloyd, Faroukh Engineer, Jack Bond, Peter Lee, John Sullivan - how many of those lads are still with us

Peter Lever, Ken Shuttleworth, David Hughes. Remember watching David Hughes and Jackie Bond facing Mike Proctor. Lancs v Glos, Gillette Cup semi final. 71?

• Thanks 1

All before my time but I've heard about those games... I remember the 90s when we had a cracking one day team but could never crack the Championship. In the end we won it a few years later, and the most amazing thing was Glenn Chapple was still in the team, and one of the best bowlers!

How didn't he play more games for England in the 1990s? Southern bias anyone?

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

All before my time but I've heard about those games... I remember the 90s when we had a cracking one day team but could never crack the Championship. In the end we won it a few years later, and the most amazing thing was Glenn Chapple was still in the team, and one of the best bowlers!

How didn't he play more games for England in the 1990s? Southern bias anyone?

1987 - day nighter at the SCG, last over of the match, Allan Lamb <deleted> 18 off Bruce Reid, a lasting memory for me. 

The Kerry Packer inspired 80's one day series' in Australia were so good, with brilliant West Indies teams, Pakistan, India, New Zealand, England etc. As an expat kid "pommie cunte" it was the best feeling seeing England beat Australia, especially in the ground, at any sport to be honest. Still prefer the Test match these days, real cricket.

• Like 2