The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, nev said:

I thought he was well below par, Very frustrating as I was expecting him to have a great game as this was his chance to show his countrymen what he is about.

So true about him blowing hot and cold sometimes it's like he can't be bothered.

I can't get my head around him, just signed a five year deal and he plays like that. Sometimes it can have the opposite effect. Also have the feeling he could turn out to be a Valencia type - i.e. could spend years in English football without learning the language. Not that I have a good record with learning foreign language, but it definately helps!

Well at least he doesn't look as bad as Sanchez.

Edited by RickG16
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Think most of them can speak passable english but in the public eye they prefer to speak in their mother tongue. Saw Aguero being interviewed in english for the very first time just last weekend.

Well Aguero is a good example of how learning the language doesn't always matter I guess.

But in the United squad the level of English spoken by Frenchman varies a lot... from say Pogba and Evra, to Martial who I don't think can sat more than a few words. Just don't think it's going to do him any favours, especially when he's looking disinterested on the pitch. 

52 minutes ago, nev said:

Prepare for what?, It's two weeks away and you are already giddy about beating us before a ball is kicked.

We will not be a walk over, We don't lie down easy against Liverpool lad.

But you will lie down and if you are as poor as last night's inept tactic. You will swallow

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

See last night didn't go off without incidents. Both United and PSG being charged by UEFA

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11636408/manchester-united-and-paris-saint-germain-both-charged-by-uefa

Thought the fans might have been unhappy at ADM for celebrating their goals. I'm not sure why... I'd say he wasn't with us long enough to not celebrate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thought the fans might have been unhappy at ADM for celebrating their goals. I'm not sure why... I'd say he wasn't with us long enough to not celebrate.

He was getting serious abuse when he went for a corner. I would be surprised if they don’t take similar action with the fans that abused Sterling at Chelsea 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

He was getting serious abuse when he went for a corner. I would be surprised if they don’t take similar action with the fans that abused Sterling at Chelsea 

Yeah I saw that, but it was about 200 fans, rather than the three picked out in the Sterling incidents. Don't see how you can take season tickets away from that many supporters.

And last time I checked you were allowed to give players a hard time at football matches. Just as long as that doesn't become abuse. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I saw that, but it was about 200 fans, rather than the three picked out in the Sterling incidents. Don't see how you can take season tickets away from that many supporters.

And last time I checked you were allowed to give players a hard time at football matches. Just as long as that doesn't become abuse. 

Looked more like abuse than a hard time but I’m sure the cctv will decide on that. 

Im sure he’s not too bothered and his celebrating was worth more than any abuse they fired at him I’m sure. 

49 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Looked more like abuse than a hard time but I’m sure the cctv will decide on that. 

Im sure he’s not too bothered and his celebrating was worth more than any abuse they fired at him I’m sure. 

It was more than just abuse they threw at him

DiMaria.JPG

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

DiMaria.JPG

Yeah it was disgraceful and it was their reaction to him that instigated his celebration not the other way round, and he showed more balls than the rest of them put together. 

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

DiMaria.JPG

Pretty well publicised already... but we can now verify that it was a probably a Heineken.

Kadilo compared it to the Sterling incident, which whether you think it was better or worse, is off the mark. 

34 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Pretty well publicised already... but we can now verify that it was a probably a Heineken.

Kadilo compared it to the Sterling incident, which whether you think it was better or worse, is off the mark. 

What we do know is that this fixture in Paris is a no brainer and the best you can hope for is to go out without getting hammered. Incidents like this only provide top professionals with more desire to win so I expect the Angel to put the devil's to the sword again in gay paris

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Think most of them can speak passable english but in the public eye they prefer to speak in their mother tongue. Saw Aguero being interviewed in english for the very first time just last weekend.

Its like most of you geriatrics on here been here in Thailand for years and dont speak Thai, read or write

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The ref was shocking. 

They deserved it but I just felt we could have been better tactically and managed the game more cleverly. Ole proved he can do it against Spurs, but against top European teams you need to be one step ahead. 

Tbh that's the sort of game Jose would have planned perfectly. A la Juve away. 

Let's just throw caution to the wind in Paris... Maybe Mason Greenwood could be a surprise package?? 

You must feel like a right Rick with a silent "P" this morning......????????

Edited by carmine

Paul Ince at it again,

Ince is not the most articulate in his choice of words.

According to him he could have done a better job than Ole.

Paul Ince’s managerial career:

Macclesfield - Sacked

Blackburn - Sacked

MK Dons - Sacked

Notts County - Sacked 

Blackpool - Sacked

Incey when are you going to get it into your thick skull nobody respects the opinion of a failed manager x 5

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-psg-sanchez-pogba-15826451

1 hour ago, carmine said:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Why is that? I didn't make any bold predictions. 

How Manchester United's remaining Premier League fixtures compare to top four rivals Arsenal and Chelsea

Just one point currently separates fourth, fifth and sixth - and there are only 12 games remaining

With how the Premier League is taking shape going into the business end of the season three teams have been left to battle it out to claim the fourth spot and Champions League qualification.

Tottenham Hotspur have pulled away from the top four race and, rather impressively, entered another one - for the title. This then leaves Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United to slug it out.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-chelsea-arsenal-league-15826152

Without Eric Harrison Manchester United would not have won the Treble

Eric Harrison was one of the most important figures of the Sir Alex Ferguson era at Man Utd and the two sowed the seeds of the club's rebirth.

Perhaps there is no finer tribute to Eric Harrison's legacy than the schoolchildren who still arrive by the busload at The Cliff. Manchester United's old training ground on Lower Broughton Road still draws in the crowds, be it the tourists who venture to the banks of the River Irwell to take a souvenir shot of its striking facade, or the budding children dreaming of a career in the game.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-eric-harrison-tributes-15828866

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

How Manchester United's remaining Premier League fixtures compare to top four rivals Arsenal and Chelsea

Just one point currently separates fourth, fifth and sixth - and there are only 12 games remaining

With how the Premier League is taking shape going into the business end of the season three teams have been left to battle it out to claim the fourth spot and Champions League qualification.

Tottenham Hotspur have pulled away from the top four race and, rather impressively, entered another one - for the title. This then leaves Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United to slug it out.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-chelsea-arsenal-league-15826152

Looks like Arsenal have the easiest run in, but then I think they're the worst team.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Looks like Arsenal have the easiest run in, but then I think they're the worst team.

<deleted> defenses, the Arse were beat by Belarusian peg sellers last night, Chelsea are fading, could barely Gert past Swedish pig farmers last night. With United looking great going forward and being out of the Champions League they should walk it in. Great achievement by Ole 

I am not a Man U supporter but I have really wanted them to eliminate PSG. Now their chances for that are maybe around 10-15 percent.

PSG were missing Neymar and Cavani. That's basically like half the strength of PSG. Okay, I am exaggerating but you know what I mean.

A decent chance to go on to the quarterfinals has been most probably wasted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JemJem said:

I am not a Man U supporter but I have really wanted them to eliminate PSG. Now their chances for that are maybe around 10-15 percent.

PSG were missing Neymar and Cavani. That's basically like half the strength of PSG. Okay, I am exaggerating but you know what I mean.

A decent chance to go on to the quarterfinals has been most probably wasted.

I agree

Wythenshawe lad Ravel Morrison reveals where his Manchester United career went wrong for first time

Ravel Morrison was described as 'the best kid you will ever see' by Sir Alex Ferguson, but now plies his trade in the Swedish first division

Morrison, now 26, was described as "the best kid you will ever see" by former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, but he failed to make the grade at Old Trafford amid a host of court cases and scrapes with the law.

Just now, ChipButty said:

Wythenshawe lad Ravel Morrison reveals where his Manchester United career went wrong for first time

Ravel Morrison was described as 'the best kid you will ever see' by Sir Alex Ferguson, but now plies his trade in the Swedish first division

Morrison, now 26, was described as "the best kid you will ever see" by former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, but he failed to make the grade at Old Trafford amid a host of court cases and scrapes with the law.

I seen this lad close at hand.

An amazing footballer.

But didn't have the mental fortitude or maturity to make it.

Sad really, it really is.

Pogba went one way, he went the other.