The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

47 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Pogba is the best midfielder in the world

There, I said it. Get him motivated and he’s irrepressible. Convince me otherwise.

I hereby prescribe you a sedative and a pat on the back.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Probably Modric for me as the best but I just from City alone I'd rather have Silva and KdB than Pogba.

I'd definitely agree on Modric Mr BJ if we are talking about over the last year or two including the World Cup.

But on form Pogba has to be in the conversation. Who was that other guy who has been bestowed with the 'greatest mid in the world' tag recently... Kante was it? Did he play last night...Oh yeah that's it, he was playing right mid. I wonder who was playing left mid for United.....

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'd definitely agree on Modric Mr BJ if we are talking about over the last year or two including the World Cup.

But on form Pogba has to be in the conversation. Who was that other guy who has been bestowed with the 'greatest mid in the world' tag recently... Kante was it? Did he play last night...Oh yeah that's it, he was playing right mid. I wonder who was playing left mid for United.....

????

tenor.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Showpony!

When he gets 8 or even 7 out of 10 EVERY game, then, and only then, might he be considered in the greatest midfield player in Manchester let alone the world discussion.

Wait till the end of the season, 

Ole's at the wheel,

'Tell me how does it feel,

'We've got Sánchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,

'Marcus Rashford, a Manc born and bred,

'Duh du, du du du du du

'Duh du, du du du du du

'The greatest of English football,

'We've won it all.'

This is how I see it. Manchester United V Liverpool

Biggest game of the season for both us and Liverpool. If they win, they’ve practically won the title. We simply cannot let that happen.

If we win, then I can see their confidence faltering and them bottling it.

Ole will gain stratospheric legendary status if he pulls this off

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This is how I see it. Manchester United V Liverpool

Biggest game of the season for both us and Liverpool. If they win, they’ve practically won the title. We simply cannot let that happen.

If we win, then I can see their confidence faltering and them bottling it.

Ole will gain stratospheric legendary status if he pulls this off

Biggest game of the season with regards to rivalry. 

It won't decide the title, and we won't be damaged goods if we lose. 

Maybe you should change your name to Johnny Drama...

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Biggest game of the season with regards to rivalry. 

It won't decide the title, and we won't be damaged goods if we lose. 

Maybe you should change your name to Johnny Drama...

How confident are you Bob? We are a different kettle of fish under Ole than the one who gave up so easily at Anfield.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Showpony!

When he gets 8 or even 7 out of 10 EVERY game, then, and only then, might he be considered in the greatest midfield player in Manchester let alone the world discussion.

BB being the ultimate stats man have a look at Pogba's goals, assists and ratings ratio since OGS took charge.If he's only a show pony we can live with that. Mourinho had him on the bench for his own satisfaction not for the benefit of the team.

In fact against Liverpool he left both he and Martial benched

26 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

BB being the ultimate stats man have a look at Pogba's goals, assists and ratings ratio since OGS took charge.If he's only a show pony we can live with that. Mourinho had him on the bench for his own satisfaction not for the benefit of the team.

In fact against Liverpool he left both he and Martial benched

I like it "BB, the ultimate stats man". ????

3 hours ago, nev said:

How confident are you Bob? We are a different kettle of fish under Ole than the one who gave up so easily at Anfield.

To be honest it will be enjoyable to see our lads play Ole's men. Expecting a good attacking game. I'm definitely confident we get a win, I think our attack will be too much and VvD will take care of the rest. Looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You not gonna dig out those stats for us BB? 

Believe Sparkles raised "Pogba's goals, assists and ratings ratio since OGS took charge" and it is he who should "dig out those stats for us". As a City fan I'm not particularly interested in showpony.

As for Man's 'real' derby, with liverpool, :cheesy: I'm expecting liverpool to be too good for Saint Ole's Allstars, but i live in hope that he might summon a miracle and win it (for us). 

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Believe Sparkles raised "Pogba's goals, assists and ratings ratio since OGS took charge" and it is he who should "dig out those stats for us". As a City fan I'm not particularly interested in showpony.

As for Man's 'real' derby, with liverpool, :cheesy: I'm expecting liverpool to be too good for Saint Ole's Allstars, but i live in hope that he might summon a miracle and win it (for us). 

You're letting yourself down.

I bet you were one of those people who was still calling Ronaldo a showpony when he was leading us to CL and PL glory. 

Edited by RickG16

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You're letting yourself down.

I bet you were one of those people who was still calling Ronaldo a showpony when he was leading us to CL and PL glory. 

I bet you're one of those people who still classes Ronaldo as a United player 

Edited by BangrakBob

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I bet you're one of those people who still classes Ronaldo as a United player 

100%. It's not like he went and played for another English club.

Who would you say Liverpool's best ever foreign signing is? Not including Irish etc. Grobellar? 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

100%. It's not like he went and played for another English club.

Who would you say Liverpool's best ever foreign signing is? Not including Irish etc. Grobellar? 

And it's not like he gives a toss about your club since he left, but I'm sure you'd still give his plums a tickle if he asked nicely.

Jan Molby perhaps. Luis Suarez has to be up there. I think VvD is moving up the charts very quickly. 

• Haha 1