The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

well so much for my thoughts of muri bringin utd some stabilty, never a good daY IMO when a managers sacked, brings out fans gloating and showing footie  fans unpleasant and in base terms <deleted> mentality. anyways  still say as whole utd are in a better position than they were b4 muri arrived, perhaps the next manager will have better luck with injuries, cant recall this season  utds bac line going more than a match without some forced change..  who ever the new manager is one things for sure he's got a very talented squad, wether they will suit his style of play has yet to be seen

• Haha 1

I liked this post on the MEN

I think Roy Keane  should take over.  He can start off by head butting Pogba to put him in his place.  

I think Roy Keane  should take over.  He can start off by head butting Pogba to put him in his place.  Or get Ole, Giggs or Stam.  Let's get a true United Legend taking over to get the fans behind the team again.

What is it, the worst premier league start for the club in 28 years, he pissed hundreds of millions up the wall, created a toxic dressing room and then he gets a 24m pay off. I doubt he gives a toss.  Its a funny old game.......

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I bet the staff in that hotel are over the moon he's been sacked

A journalist on Sky this morning said Mourinho's hotel bill was 500,000 quid.  I presume he was staying these past two and a half years at the Lowry?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

well so much for my thoughts of muri bringin utd some stabilty, never a good daY IMO when a managers sacked, brings out fans gloating and showing footie  fans unpleasant and in base terms <deleted> mentality. anyways  still say as whole utd are in a better position than they were b4 muri arrived, perhaps the next manager will have better luck with injuries, cant recall this season  utds bac line going more than a match without some forced change..  who ever the new manager is one things for sure he's got a very talented squad, wether they will suit his style of play has yet to be seen

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Thing is, you say he's left them in a better situation than they were when he arrived yet they have made the worst start to a season in 26 0r 28 years.  So, without even bothering to comment about the wasted transfer millions, how can they be in a better state?   Surely it's the worst in all those years?  Nineteen points behind City, eleven off top four and little or no chance or top four qualification this season.

I know and accept you disagree with me, but why?  He's left them in a shambles! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

A journalist on Sky this morning said Mourinho's hotel bill was 500,000 quid.  I presume he was staying these past two and a half years at the Lowry?

When he was checking out the receptionist asked him"Did you have anything from the mini bar Sir"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thing is, you say he's left them in a better situation than they were when he arrived yet they have made the worst start to a season in 26 0r 28 years.  So, without even bothering to comment about the wasted transfer millions, how can they be in a better state?   Surely it's the worst in all those years?  Nineteen points behind City, eleven off top four and little or no chance or top four qualification this season.

how many comps are utd still in and would you have ruled  him sneeking another trophy ? mmm maybe maybe not BUT stat wise mori is better than BOTH since fergie, he's won 2 trophies and he's left behind a really decent squad, AND i'de say under the sad 2  prev managers them signing ANY world stage players were unlikely however under muri he's turned them bac into at least somewhere approaching competing 4 'players' at that table even thats dificult with the likes on man city cheating and whilst the players seemingly, b it through injury or what ever, have currently under returned, he hasnt wasted transfer money he's signed abso top draw players, his first bailly , i'de have like a shot at spurs same  goes for sanchez  pogba ect ect  but u carry on regurgitating gutter press nasty <deleted> carms its the sort of crap that does football no favours, just entertains and engages  the morons 

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

how many comps are utd still in and would you have ruled  him sneeking another trophy ? mmm maybe maybe not BUT stat wise mori is better than BOTH since fergie, he's won 2 trophies and he's left behind a really decent squad, AND i'de say under the sad 2  prev managers them signing ANY world stage players were unlikely however under muri he's turned them bac into at least somewhere approaching competing 4 'players' at that table even thats dificult with the likes on man city cheating and whilst the players seemingly, b it through injury or what ever, have currently under returned, he hasnt wasted transfer money he's signed abso top draw players, his first bailly , i'de have like a shot at spurs same  goes for sanchez  pogba ect ect  but u carry on regurgitating gutter press nasty <deleted> carms its the sort of crap that does football no favours, just entertains and engages  the morons 

One thing we will agree on is that you and i should be more focused on who the next manager is going to be!!!

55 minutes ago, carmine said:

yeah so he's had a bad run  he's been unfortunate with crucial players getting  injuries, jones matic bailly shaw sanchez the list goes on and on, the darks side of his and his cohorts big sam ect ect style is they dont win theres no  credit, winning is everything entertainment where credit is somewhat built up aint there,  wasted transfer millions ,, where ? they aint stupid they know what muris style is , he's given  them the platform and they've failed to deliver,, his fault ?  debatable and if i was a manager and i had to choose whose squad i'de prefer to inherit   fergies  moyes  the sad dutch uncle  or muri's,, NO doubts i'de go muri's all day long. but hey you stick to your guns.

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What is it with you and this repetitive nonsense. It's sounding more like sour grapes every time you write it. We have NOT breached nor been accused of breaching any FA rules.

yeah yeah yeah,, just like the last time were caught cheating, lets hope this time you get banned. 

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah yeah yeah,, just like the last time were caught cheating, lets hope this time you get banned. 

We cannot get banned from the Premier League. We have not broken nor been accused of breaking any Premier League rules. What planet are you residing on? Are you making these rules up in your head?

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What the candidates to be next Man Utd manager would bring to Old Trafford 

Mauricio Pochettino

Zinedine Zidane

Leonardo Jardim

Laurent Blanc

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Ryan Giggs

I've seen Cantona mentioned

Should Roberto Martinez be on that list? His stock rose at the World Cup and he has consistently had Lukaku producing his best. He lives in the area, so no homesickness issues and has always been commited to playing attacking football. Defending was always a weakness but he seems to have improved whilst managing Belgium.

7 minutes ago, champers said:

Should Roberto Martinez be on that list? His stock rose at the World Cup and he has consistently had Lukaku producing his best. He lives in the area, so no homesickness issues and has always been commited to playing attacking football. Defending was always a weakness but he seems to have improved whilst managing Belgium.

We would be a different side if we could just get Pogba firing on all four, week in week out.

IMO the only way to do this is to appoint a young, black, French manager who has a world class reputation as a player.

Only problem is, would the fans accept a former Arsenal great?

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

We would be a different side if we could just get Pogba firing on all four, week in week out.

IMO the only way to do this is to appoint a young, black, French manager who has a world class reputation as a player.

Only problem is, would the fans accept a former Arsenal great?

Yeah Viera with Roy Keane as his assistant, those two should get Pogba up and playing!

5 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah Viera with Roy Keane as his assistant, those two should get Pogba up and playing!

Is Viera a manager? Try again.

If keane came any where near the club, Pogba would put his transfer request in the same day.

Edited by Spidey

35 minutes ago, Spidey said:

555 My bad.

I was thinking more of Terry Henry. Did a good job as Martini's assistant at Belgium, now at Monaco.

seen monaco's results this season? the thierry henry effect has not been a positive one.

united are clearly lining up pochettino and have sacked mourinho now because of the results, transfers and general atmosphere debacle but also because it'll take them 6 months of negotiating and legal wrangling to get pochettino from spurs. would be great if spurs could resist them and if pochettino wanted to remain at spurs but i don't see it happening sadly.

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Vierra hasn't got Balotelli playing, or anyone else.

Henry has only been at Monaco 5 minutes. He is not responsible for the mess they are in. Keeping them up will be a success.

30 minutes ago, StevieH said:

seen monaco's results this season? the thierry henry effect has not been a positive one.

united are clearly lining up pochettino and have sacked mourinho now because of the results, transfers and general atmosphere debacle but also because it'll take them 6 months of negotiating and legal wrangling to get pochettino from spurs. would be great if spurs could resist them and if pochettino wanted to remain at spurs but i don't see it happening sadly.

I tend to agree.  He's the obvious choice and tailor made for getting them back to how they used to be.

Woodward needs to get it right this time.  Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho were all poor choices in their own particular ways but Pochettino ticks all the boxes.

However, i'm still clinging to Nev's theory of a Zidane/Cantona team though!!

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

I tend to agree.  He's the obvious choice and tailor made for getting them back to how they used to be.

Woodward needs to get it right this time.  Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho were all poor choices in their own particular ways but Pochettino ticks all the boxes.

However, i'm still clinging to Nev's theory of a Zidane/Cantona team though!!

i'm still clinging to the hope of a beckham/neville dream team but i don't see it happening really. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i'm still clinging to the hope of a beckham/neville dream team but i don't see it happening really. ????

Yes, I suppose they could be suckered back into their class of '92 lovefest thingy i suppose and make yet another ridiculous appointment!

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

Our (City and Liverpool) biggest nightmare would be Poch at United and given financial backing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1