The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

In a way I am. 

This must be one of the greatest U turns in the history of the football forum!

You were telling us all it was media driven nonsense and to disregard talk of squad unrest and so much other tosh its impossible to recall most of it.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Our (City and Liverpool) biggest nightmare would be Poch at United and given financial backing.

Two things:

1. If he has already turned down the Real Madrid job (I don't know if he has even been offered it) why would he accept an offer from United?

2. If both Real Madrid and United are going to offer him a job, who would he pick?

1 minute ago, champers said:

Two things:

1. If he has already turned down the Real Madrid job (I don't know if he has even been offered it) why would he accept an offer from United?

2. If both Real Madrid and United are going to offer him a job, who would he pick?

He'd pick RM in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Two things:

He'd pick United over Real Madrid.  Their perceived MO falls in line with his. Build a side, youth development, long term stability, create success high intensity, high press attacking football.  Ticks every box unfortunately.

One of the top Spanish journalist Guillame Ballague or whatever his name is reckoned he was quote; Perez's 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice.  Casting aside hyperbole his point was well made.

Edited by carmine

So my fellow countryman Solskjaer will manage the club, that was a big surprise to me. 

He was a legend as a player and I am sure he is loved by the club and all the fans , but is he really manager material ? 

He already showed us he is not, what he did with Cardiff was a disgrace really and will not be forgotten for a while over there.  Having said that, he must have made a good impression when he was in charge of the United reserves in 2007 - 2010 , and he did train the young players like Pogba back then.  But his tactical decisions as a manager has been a joke , not only at Cardiff, but with Molde,  his Norwegian club for so many years.  

Anyway good luck, you will need it.  

And destiny is just around the corner, the next game is Cardiff away.  that will be interesting to watch. But I think you will beat them. But it will not be an easy game for Ole. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, balo said:

So my fellow countryman Solskjaer will manage the club, that was a big surprise to me. 

He was a legend as a player and I am sure he is loved by the club and all the fans , but is he really manager material ? 

He already showed us he is not, what he did with Cardiff was a disgrace really and will not be forgotten for a while over there.  Having said that, he must have made a good impression when he was in charge of the United reserves in 2007 - 2010 , and he did train the young players like Pogba back then.  But his tactical decisions as a manager has been a joke , not only at Cardiff, but with Molde,  his Norwegian club for so many years.  

Anyway good luck, you will need it.  

And destiny is just around the corner, the next game is Cardiff away.  that will be interesting to watch. But I think you will beat them. But it will not be an easy game for Ole. 

Some say Moyes needed more time.  Give him another crack i say!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We cannot get banned from the Premier League. We have not broken nor been accused of breaking any Premier League rules. What planet are you residing on? Are you making these rules up in your head?

a truly ridiculous reply. i'm betting others  are  hoping  your club has a bit more nouce come the day it has to answer to the ffp bodes,, AGAIN!!  hang on  perhaps not,,  as i said second time around ,,, BAN 

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

a truly ridiculous reply. i'm betting others  are  hoping  your club has a bit more nouce come the day it has to answer to the ffp bodes,, AGAIN!!  hang on  perhaps not,,  as i said second time around ,,, BAN 

It is technically correct, as the allegations relate to UEFA rules not the FA's.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cos your tight owner won't give him any money.

Well it certainly makes the january transfer window take on a major significance for Spurs.  Not just for some new blood but extra cover which our injury crisis is starting to expose.  And very pertinently, i doubt many coaches would have got us through the past couple of months managing the situation which has been dire at times.

I'm expecting Wilmar Barrios from Boca Juniors and at least one other.  We will see.

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

What are you on about? You do know the difference between FFP, UEFA and the FA don't you? Even if we do get found to be in breach of UEFA FFP rules, what has that got to do with the Premier League? They are 2 totally different entities who operate differently. We don't have to comply with FFP in the Prem. We only have to comply with it if we want to participate in UEFA comps

1 minute ago, carmine said:

It is technically correct, as the allegations relate to UEFA rules not the FA's.

yeah i know but who mentioned the prem lge ? , i was talking about man city cheatin making the transfer market unfairly balanced in their favor by illegal payments, 

and i SINCERELY hope they get a ban for it, anyways enuf of topic stuff this thread aint about man city cheatin its about man utd 

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well it certainly makes the january transfer window take on a major significance for Spurs.  Not just for some new blood but extra cover which our injury crisis is starting to expose.  And very pertinently, i doubt many coaches would have got us through the past couple of months managing the situation which has been dire at times.

I'm expecting Wilmar Barrios from Boca Juniors and at least one other.  We will see.

I'd be quite surprised if you bought a player of note in January. It's the worst time to get any deals as everyone is over inflated and you owner don't like to pay inflated prices but we'll see.

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Last I checked the Barrios interest had cooled. We will see.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

There was no relevance to your point, you were just throwing it in there. I also don't think you understand the difference between a reply to a post and a rant

REALLY,,,   you may hold sway by being a what ever on here , but it doesnt quite stretch to telling people how to and what they can use to make a point 

honestly think that steve bruce or mark hughes would be a better qualified interim appointment than solskjaer, but hey ho. his time at cardiff was magnificently rubbish.

not sure this need to "get" the club or be steeped in its history really cuts any mustard any longer either. if that were the case then a phil and gary neville double act would be on the table. 

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

honestly think that steve bruce or mark hughes would be a better qualified interim appointment than solskjaer, but hey ho. his time at cardiff was magnificently rubbish.

not sure this need to "get" the club or be steeped in its history really cuts any mustard any longer either. if that were the case then a phil and gary neville double act would be on the table. 

yeah for half a season  hughes or bruce would be a far better choise  but iseems management recruitment aint top of their skill set atm.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

This must be one of the greatest U turns in the history of the football forum!

You were telling us all it was media driven nonsense and to disregard talk of squad unrest and so much other tosh its impossible to recall most of it.

Not true. I just refused to lay the blame of everything at the feet of Mourinho. 

I would have given him more time, but if it was only going in one direction then I respect the decision of the directors inc. Sir Alex and Sir Bobby. Let's start a new chapter.

One of the reasons I am relieved is because I won't have to listen to anti Mourinho rants from the likes of you anymore. So whenever you are ready... you can begin the character assassination of Ole. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'd be quite surprised if you bought a player of note in January. It's the worst time to get any deals as everyone is over inflated and you owner don't like to pay inflated prices but we'll see.

We did ok last January bringing in Lucas Moura, I'm also confident that Levy will act if a deal is on the table for any new players, we could do with a new CM & poss a CB at this 

moment.

14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

We did ok last January bringing in Lucas Moura, I'm also confident that Levy will act if a deal is on the table for any new players, we could do with a new CM & poss a CB at this 

moment.

Viera and Keane as joint managers... if that was a serious suggestion you have even less of a clue than I thought you did.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

moment.

yeah this daily  gutter press backed train of thought that jan signings are   always expensive  is just rubbish, moura at the price we paid has, in todays market for 'world stage players ' has  to go down as proof there is value out there IF YOU LOOK..  which levy does and seems to have a knack of uncovering gems ,not a jan signin but  van der vaart  springs to mind 

8 hours ago, StevieH said:

I thought solskjaer taking over was just a bit of fun.

Total shock. The lads so far out of his depth. he probably still gets asked for ID. Can't see the utd dressing room suddenly bonding together and the lack of stability will affect them. The smaller teams will punish them. The truth is that defence is so dodgy it will leak as many as the team scores. West ham will Finnish above utd this year.